Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Very good writeup Ryan! It is good to finally have some traction on this issue.
I am really curious what FDev are going to say in regards to all of this. It is honestly a little scary that they have not said anything yet.

It's scandalous and I want to let everyone know here that I think a cheater and his/her motherboard should be permabanned for life on the concept of a shadow server FDev had when stuff was actually developped a few years ago.

But in the meanwhile, may I suggest all of yousses to use the block feature. A wonderful tool we've been told many times to use when confronted with any stuff FDev didnt care to regulate.

May I also suggest people to also consider asking FDev to lessen the powergap and the grind as a prophylactic so people who got bored of that or found this unfair were not tempted to use trainers in the sandbox.

As for the true hackers that got the tools released, you infamous scum... I hope you're still around when Elite is dumped to reverse engineer whatever code the holy Braben would care to spill and make us some servers after the peremption date.

Ah, I see we've reached the "but surely it's Frontier who are the bad guys here?" part of the thread...
I thought someone was saying that being able to change the UI colours was somehow a bad thing, because Frontier couldn't do it. Feel free to blame me for whatever you want.

I thought someone was saying that being able to change the UI colours was somehow a bad thing, because Frontier couldn't do it. Feel free to blame me for whatever you want.
The colour changing aspect was a teeny, tiny aspect of the tool and probably the least important aspect of it.

Not read the entire post, watched the videos by Obsidianant and company, and read the Reddit post.

Well done (all involved) for bringing this to the fore, I have been occasionally suspicious that this behavior may be going on, but really was not certain until today.

It will be a shame if it turns out that FD have not been paying the attention this subject rightly deserves, and I hope that the considerable community pressure (that I expect this to bare) will prompt FD into decisive action and not the usual "canned" response.

Ah, I see we've reached the "but surely it's Frontier who are the bad guys here?" part of the thread...

I think Relspi's talking about this bit...
As a final insult to injury, this hack is also apparently able to change HUD color better than any other utility, allowing separate color settings for the UI and radar icons. FDev have been asked about adding options for colorblind players and mentioned that it "wasn't possible."

The colour changing aspect was a teeny, tiny aspect of the tool and probably the least important aspect of it.
Yeah, I know. The rest of the tool is garbage.
But why can't Frontier just do it themselves? I'm probably being off-topic, but I'm for real epic super unbelievably angry about this video game.

so you didn't even bother reading the op? that's my boi! (y):LOL:
I'd be rather more worried about people being able to make virtually indestructible ships, or ones that are just better enough, than being able to tweak HUD colours beyond what Frontier currently allow.

I'd be rather more worried about people being able to make virtually indestructible ships, or ones that are just better enough, than being able to tweak HUD colours beyond what Frontier currently allow.
I am so apoplecically furious about this that I have been reduced to eating Ben and Jerry's for comfort.

FD have been far too soft, and that's only encouraged the hackers to, well, hack away.

Engineer UI Hacking? Playful pat on the bum.
Bot Hacking? Ban the account for just 30 days, problem solved!
Outright cheating? "We're looking into it"

Other games would have used the permanent ban hammer for this sort of nonsense.

I'm on Xbox but I can see this effecting the galaxy I and others play in. With the majority of the development team working on the 2020 update and everyone else working on smaller updates, I doubt if this will be fixed any-time soon.

This is what happens when you're too soft, FD.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom