Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

We take this activity very seriously and, working alongside our development and support teams, are active in taking actions against those who engage with such activities.

We hope you understand that we are not able to share the details of the action actively being taken, or the steps we have in place to tackle the use of these tools, as we do not wish those engaging with this sort of behaviour to circumvent the controls we have in place.

We’ve been reading through all of the feedback you’ve shared. We appreciate your concerns and wanted to take a moment to inform and remind you that the use of cheats, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software is strictly prohibited.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hello everyone,

We take this activity very seriously and, working alongside our development and support teams, are active in taking actions against those who engage with such activities.

We hope you understand that we are not able to share the details of the action actively being taken, or the steps we have in place to tackle the use of these tools, as we do not wish those engaging with this sort of behaviour to circumvent the controls we have in place.

We’ve been reading through all of the feedback you’ve shared. We appreciate your concerns and wanted to take a moment to inform and remind you that the use of cheats, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software is strictly prohibited.

lol

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I understand not sharing details of countermeasures and even numbers of occurrences, but am absolutely baffled by the lack of any official info on punishment.

Public display of mass permanent account bans certainly won't make it all go away, but could definitely deter many, as well as offering a sharp juxtaposition to the current attitude of your disciplinary actions being a joke.

Hello everyone,

This makes it seem to me, that there is way more people cheating in Elite than what is publicly known. This would explain why nothing has been done about these cheats. Fdev don't want to do a massive ban, because it would hurt the player base numbers for Elite too much.

Unless you name and ban people cheating, it's not a good look at all.

Maybe they are. What proof do you have that they are lying?

Proof ? Erm how about all the cheating that's been going on since forever. FDev's canned response is more out of necessity and trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I'm well aware of the whole situation, I watched the panel that Ex had with you all.

Right but this is why I am so fed up with Frontier on this, they give us no content, re-brand CGs as some II rubbish, now we have hacks working for months on end... and this is without me even talking about bugs or exploits, Frontier at this point looks like a complete joke.

And I love Elite, but this is really testing my faith in the company now.

They want a gold medal, and a ticker-tape parade for exposing something that FD was likely already aware of. Some how people get the idea that FD, or any developer, has to meet their standards. We've seen it before. If FD don;t snap to and react like they want, they resort to bully tactics and lashing out. If FD just sent them a gold star for sending, yet another, video, this sort of tantrum wouldn't go on.

Hello everyone,

Will, I suggest that the community is provided with some numbers. It would be even better if those numbers are timelined. This would certainly restore the faith that the community is having a crisis of regarding cheating and punishment.

Well they could explain their current method is clearly not enough and they need to do better, they could let us know they are able to detect and ban those using these tools... anything other than some canned response of "We are trying guys", when we just proved they are not doing anything to the cheaters despite having proof.

I agree it would be better to get more than a canned response but any response is still better than nothing.

Fundamentally there is a trust issue - you want to be able to trust that FDev are on the case. I'd like that too.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom