Clear Save means losing your squadron

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was a pit peeved to find that when I did a clear save of my one commander which had an insurance claim in their stats that I lost the squadron that this commander created (and paid for).

There was absolutely no warning of this repercussion and I think it is pretty poor of F D to allow this. After all, the private groups and friends of a commander are preserved so why does the squadron have to be treated differently?

The squadron still exists but "ownership" of it has passed to another commander. For me this meant another account due to the rank structure I set up in it but for someone else they could lose their squadron totally.

No offense, but it is pretty obvious. Friends and private groups are a sort out of game mechanic not an achievement, whereas a squadron (paid for with in game credits earned by and linked to your cmdr) is just like rank, engineers, ships, credits - something your Cmdr achieved in game. Of course it got wiped.

No offense, but it is pretty obvious. Friends and private groups are a sort out of game mechanic not an achievement, whereas a squadron (paid for with in game credits earned by and linked to your cmdr) is just like rank, engineers, ships, credits - something your Cmdr achieved in game. Of course it got wiped.
ehm, this.

I see what you are saying but it still "feels" wrong to me - maybe include a warning about it on clear save. Kind of puts yet another dampener on iron-man mode. I'll just have to get used to having insurance claims in my stats from now on. ;)

I have asked for the thread to be closed as I accept that it is just my misinterpretation. Ta.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom