'Clone Key'

REALLY?
Where is this magnificent tool that will copy and paste any objects and scenery, as it is mentioned on one of your load up screens, located? . And don't tell me that is the "Multi- Tool', because that does not copy and paste. If I lay down a row of scenery and go to duplicate it ANY WAY POSSIBLE'...(How do I accomplish this feat?) I am NOT going to make blue prints of everything and have to look it up each and every time...
I realize that you have a problem between the Scenery and the Objects being made by Different Companies, but for some reason I cannot get past the WHY! That is WHY this was not looked into way back in the alpha and fixed. As this was brought up many times in the forums...I know this because I also commented on it...Listen you have Not given me an answer to this SEVERE problem... Nor have you fixed it...[mad]We have No copy and Paste for EVERYTHING and that is a dire Requirement in this type of game...PLEAS address this issue...QUICKLY!

REALLY?
Where is this magnificent tool that will copy and paste any objects and scenery, as it is mentioned on one of your load up screens, located? . And don't tell me that is the "Multi- Tool', because that does not copy and paste. If I lay down a row of scenery and go to duplicate it ANY WAY POSSIBLE'...(How do I accomplish this feat?) I am NOT going to make blue prints of everything and have to look it up each and every time...
I realize that you have a problem between the Scenery and the Objects being made by Different Companies, but for some reason I cannot get past the WHY! That is WHY this was not looked into way back in the alpha and fixed. As this was brought up many times in the forums...I know this because I also commented on it...Listen you have Not given me an answer to this SEVERE problem... Nor have you fixed it...[mad]We have No copy and Paste for EVERYTHING and that is a dire Requirement in this type of game...PLEAS address this issue...QUICKLY!

Control+D is your friend.

As for scenery and objects being made by different companies, this is simply not true.

Last edited:
you have a problem between the Scenery and the Objects being made by Different Companies, but for some reason I cannot get past the WHY!

do you mean different team members? Yes the scenery objects are designed a little different than the walls and building pieces, because they use different programming systems, but they were all made by the same development studio.

The rest of your post doesnt make any sense though

Control+D is your friend.

As for scenery and objects being made by different companies, this is simply not true.

I am sorry to inform you of this, but on one of the Developer's videos they actually address this issue by explaining that "Another company was in charge of the Scenery as Frontier was building the Objects so that they could fast track it." This isn't open for debate and I am not spouting untruth as you imply in your post.
Control +D is your answer! Well it is useless as a tin basketball...It will Not copy both Scenery and Objects together, unless you have made a Blueprint first... Which brings me back to my concern....I do not want 1000 blueprints to have to go through, even with the tools supplied it is a pain in the neck....
I am sorry for being so Hard Nosed on this, but I want this to work...Not just being told to work around it.

I am sorry to inform you of this, but on one of the Developer's videos they actually address this issue by explaining that "Another company was in charge of the Scenery as Frontier was building the Objects so that they could fast track it."

I'm interested to know which video you heard this information in. I have certainly never heard that before. As far as I know, Frontier made the entire game, and engine themselves, and no development has been contracted out to external companies. I'm certain Jonny Watts would have mentioned that when I had dinner with him if that was the case [shocked]

Last edited:
Control +D is your answer! Well it is useless as a tin basketball...It will Not copy both Scenery and Objects together, unless you have made a Blueprint first... Which brings me back to my concern....I do not want 1000 blueprints to have to go through, even with the tools supplied it is a pain in the neck....
I am sorry for being so Hard Nosed on this, but I want this to work...Not just being told to work around it.

if you want help you should try sticking to one simple topic per thread and not throw in the whole "who made this game" questions

notice how the responses you got were not helpful to your question?

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I am sorry to inform you of this, but on one of the Developer's videos they actually address this issue by explaining that "Another company was in charge of the Scenery as Frontier was building the Objects so that they could fast track it." This isn't open for debate and I am not spouting untruth as you imply in your post.

I'm interested to know which video you heard this information in. I have certainly never heard that before. As far as I know, Frontier made the entire game, and engine themselves, and no development has been contracted out to external companies. I'm certain Jonny Watts would have mentioned that when I had dinner with him if that was the case [shocked]

Frankie, can you please post a link to that video, preferably with the time index in which this statement is being said? I am not aware of such a statement being said by a Frontier employee.

I think he is confusing this with Atari claiming that they farmed out the box art for RCTW when the art was from NL2.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I think he is confusing this with Atari claiming that they farmed out the box art for RCTW when the art was from NL2.

That might be the case, but nevertheless I would like to get a link to the video that Frankie is referring to, just to get any confusion about it out of the way. [happy]

I thought he was referring to the fact that the building toolsets have different properties than other scenery objects

there was a post about this before https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...parate-chunks-with-two-separate-sets-of-rules

Sure - the simple reason is that it's a lot of extra code work to support this, and we felt the time was better spent on other aspects of the building system. There are a lot of edge cases for things like terrain casting, shop paths joining up etc. We didn't intend this to be possible, so it's not unsurprising that a bunch of issues arise when you use exploits to accomplish this.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry - I don't have time to reply to everything, I've got patch notes to proof read ;-). But seriously this is a product of how the two systems developed over time. I'm aware that the integration between buildings and scenery could be better, and no doubt going forward we'll look at ways to improve them. It's more a hangover from when we had completely different people working on Scenery (which was basically freeplacement of models in the simplest possible way, back when we were getting the very first versions of the Planet Coaster engine up and running) verses Building (which we always designed to be much more complicated, with things like correct merge pieces being applied, snapping to existing pieces etc.).

So yes, it certainly could be better - we do take your feedback on board, we could all do with a Christmas Break right about now, but after Christmas we'll be regrouping and working out what our next round of "quality of life" features will be, and I'll certainly raise these issues then.

Cheers

Andy

If I lay down a row of scenery and go to duplicate it ANY WAY POSSIBLE'...(How do I accomplish this feat?) I am NOT going to make blue prints of everything and have to look it up each and every time...
I realize that you have a problem between the Scenery and the Objects

Control +D is your answer!? Well it is useless as a tin basketball...It will Not copy both Scenery and Objects together, unless you have made a Blueprint first... Which brings me back to my concern....I do not want 1000 blueprints to have to go through, even with the tools supplied it is a pain in the neck....

Last edited:
Top Bottom