[CLOSED] EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Something I thought you might find amusing, given that you say on the main site "I enjoy hearing about how you use this data".

Well, I have a pretty unusual use, specifically using your online commodity price data to determine the value of trades with Villagers in a Minecraft mod:

https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/ChromatiCraft/blob/master/Magic/Artefact/UATrades.java#L83-L129

Code:
		try {
			URL url = new URL("https://eddb.io/archive/v5/commodities.json"); //dynamically load the prices from eddb, so that the ones in CC can match the ones in E:D in real time, because :D
			Reader r = ReikaFileReader.getReader(url, 2000, this, null);
			if (r == null) {
				throw new IOException("Could not read URL!");
			}
			else {
				this.loadJSONData(r);
				if (jvm) {
					File f = new File(DragonAPICore.getMinecraftDirectoryString()+"/ChromatiCraft_Data/eddbcache.json");
					f.getParentFile().mkdirs();
					f.delete();
					ReikaFileReader.copyFile(url.openStream(), new FileOutputStream(f), 4096, null);
					ChromatiCraft.logger.log("Downloaded eddb.io commodity data for caching.");
				}
			}
		}
		catch (MalformedURLException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
		catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

}

private void loadJSONData(Reader r) {
		JsonReader jr = new JsonReader(r);
		jr.setLenient(true);
		JsonElement e = new JsonParser().parse(jr);
		if (e instanceof JsonArray) {
			JsonArray j = (JsonArray)e;
			Iterator<JsonElement> it = j.iterator();
			while (it.hasNext()) {
				JsonElement elem = it.next();
				if (elem instanceof JsonObject) {
					JsonObject obj = (JsonObject)elem;
					JsonElement n = obj.get("name");
					String data = n.getAsString();
					if (prices.containsKey(data)) {
						int price = obj.get("average_price").getAsInt();
						prices.put(data, price);
						ChromatiCraft.logger.log("Loading price data for "+data+" from eddb.io database: "+price+" CR");
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

Last edited:
I did the following EDDB query earlier..

EbVoL2a.png

When I got to Haisheng Dock, though, I couldn't sell the Personal Weapons. They weren't in the commodities screen. The system was in Outbreak, is this related? Should EDDB pick that up?

Hi Guys and Gals,

Any chance of a dark theme for the EDDB website?

I have E: D on my main monitor which is almost all black and the brightness of the EDDB site is dazzling in comparison. I have to turn my second monitor off as a result.

Cheers and thanks for a great reference site.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Any chance of a dark theme for the EDDB website?

I have E: D on my main monitor which is almost all black and the brightness of the EDDB site is dazzling in comparison. I have to turn my second monitor off as a result.

Cheers and thanks for a great reference site.

This has been asked over the discord repeatedly, and Themroc doesn't seem to be enthused enough to finish one that hes had half completed for a while.

SO, there is an Alternative - If you are running FF or Chrome, download an add-on called "Stylus". DO NOT download "Stylish", the add-on that it was forked from - Stylish has malware in it now.

Once that is installed, a toolbar button will show up that when you are on EDDB, will allow you to browse for related styles. There are two dark ED themed styles, but a little out of date that will improve the look of EDDB drastically. If you know a little CSS, you can go in and make some modifications to the style to improve it. I always personally comment out the background so its plain black.

Apologies if this has already been asked before but can anyone tell me what the "Perma Settings Link" on the EDDB Systems and Stations pages does, which Bookmarks Bar does it refer to and how do I access it?

Apologies if this has already been asked before but can anyone tell me what the "Perma Settings Link" on the EDDB Systems and Stations pages does, which Bookmarks Bar does it refer to and how do I access it?

It is a URL link with the conditions you have used in doing a search. So for example : https://eddb.io/station?s=11&i=1&p=9&r=9924

Clicking on the link on the page, puts that URL in your address bar and loads it - you can now bookmark that page and so that bookmark will return you to that results page.

Last edited:
I use
https://www.edsm.net/dump/stations.json
to get daily details on mega-ships. They are not in eddb. Do not know of a source for unauthorized installations - have you found one?

Hi all,

A quick question: now that EDDB seems to be taking EDDN updates via the EDSM console updater (yes, I'm a console pleb) I feel a bit better able to contribute.

So, my question: Do we have anywhere a listing of the most out-of-date market entries for starports? I can't guarantee to get them all but it'd be nice to know where I can o and help out when I'm feeling like a good Samaritan.

Regards,
Adam

So, my question: Do we have anywhere a listing of the most out-of-date market entries for starports? I can't guarantee to get them all but it'd be nice to know where I can o and help out when I'm feeling like a good Samaritan.

On the EDDB site, when you're looking for stuff, whether modules or commodity prices, one of the columns you're presented with shows how long it's been since the last price/availability update. If you click on the head of that column (like any other column), you can sort by the time since the last update.

So you can do any search you want, and use your current location as the reference system, then sort by time to see the closest starports that are most in need of an update.

Hi all,

A quick question: now that EDDB seems to be taking EDDN updates via the EDSM console updater (yes, I'm a console pleb) I feel a bit better able to contribute.

Regards,
Adam

While you use EDSM, check the homepage, it will told you the oldest station, and a list of 20!

EDDB has been updated for 3.3 - Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four

I'm pleased to announce that EDDB has (finally) been updated for the new 3.3 update. Since a lot of internal stuff changed, errors could happen. Please don't hesitate to contact me on Discord if you experience any unexpected behavior.

• Complete rewrite of the EDDN parser. This allows better error detection and cleaner data import. It took far longer than I anticipated. I'm very happy with the current solution though, so it was worth it.
  • Adding all new commodities, ships and ship modules.
  • Adding all new allegiance and government types.
  • Adapting EDDB to the new faction behavior: Factions now have multiple states which get inherited by their controlled systems and stations.
  • Many little fixes I forgot to keep track of.
  • For now the EDDN body parsing has been disabled. This should not have a big impact, since a lot of bodies have been imported already. I expect to get the parsing back within a week.
  • Nightly dumps have been disabled temporarily to adapt for the new changes.

Wondering if there's any way that selecting "Volcanism" for the extra field in the "Bodies" search page could be refined to return only bodies with "Volcanism" and NOT also include those with "No Volcanism"?

EDDB has been updated for 3.3 - Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four

I'm pleased to announce that EDDB has (finally) been updated for the new 3.3 update. Since a lot of internal stuff changed, errors could happen. Please don't hesitate to contact me on Discord if you experience any unexpected behavior.

• Complete rewrite of the EDDN parser. This allows better error detection and cleaner data import. It took far longer than I anticipated. I'm very happy with the current solution though, so it was worth it.
  • Adding all new commodities, ships and ship modules.
  • Adding all new allegiance and government types.
  • Adapting EDDB to the new faction behavior: Factions now have multiple states which get inherited by their controlled systems and stations.
  • Many little fixes I forgot to keep track of.
  • For now the EDDN body parsing has been disabled. This should not have a big impact, since a lot of bodies have been imported already. I expect to get the parsing back within a week.
  • Nightly dumps have been disabled temporarily to adapt for the new changes.

Thanks for your work CMDR!

Top Bottom