CM Arf: Elite/Horizons (PEGI 7?) CMDRs won't instance with Odyssey (higher PEGI rating) CMDRs on non-atmos planets because of rating restrictions

Last time I checked, you can see the commander in the window of the spaceship you are blowing up. So that's OK because the commander is in a vehicle.

If they are walking, then you can't blow them up.

I suggest that walking space suits are vehicles, so it is ok to blow them up. Everyone is happy.

The game is no longer mature. (just like this post)

I'm surprised the base game is even PEGI 7.
Game content with scenes or sounds that can possibly frightening to younger children should fall in this category. Very mild forms of violence (implied, non-detailed, or non-realistic violence) are acceptable for a game with a PEGI 7 rating.
I wouldn't call mass murdering targhoids, going to conflict zones destroying as many ships as possible, carpet bombing settlements as mild forms of violence.
And let's not forget the base game promotes slavery as legal (in certain zones), drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

Looking at PEGI descriptions, the base game should have been 16.

Good point. The barnacle sites and guardian bases can be genuinely creepy.. should at least gave a "scary scenes" warning for 7 year olds who are playing.

Also the generation ships should be removed from the game, no way they're 7+ content.

Are frontier taking this issue seriously (supporting 7 year olds) or is this just an office worker screw up?

Let see :unsure:

• Planet Coaster PEGI 3
  • Planet Zoo PEGI 3
  • Jurassic World Evolution PEGI 16
  • Elite Dangerous PEGI 7
I think I know what it is, Elite Dangerous lacks teeth :D

Good point. The barnacle sites and guardian bases can be genuinely creepy.. should at least gave a "scary scenes" warning for 7 year olds who are playing.

Also the generation ships should be removed from the game, no way they're 7+ content.

Are frontier taking this issue seriously (supporting 7 year olds) or is this just an office worker screw up?
Oh no, the Deep Space Dredgers must've been removed because of scary maw they got! Damn PEGI-7!
But hey, maybe they'll make a comeback with Odyssey?

"Game content with scenes or sounds that can possibly frightening to younger children should fall in this category. Very mild forms of violence (implied, non-detailed, or non-realistic violence) are acceptable for a game with a PEGI 7 rating."

I wouldn't call mass murdering targhoids, going to conflict zones destroying as many ships as possible, carpet bombing settlements as mild forms of violence.
And let's not forget the base game promotes slavery as legal (in certain zones), drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

I agree. Elite definitely doesn't fall under "Very mild forum violence"

Oh no, the Deep Space Dredgers must've been removed because of scary maw they got! Damn PEGI-7!
But hey, maybe they'll make a comeback with Odyssey?

I don't know. There's official action being taken to support 7 year old commanders by restricting instancing. But what about the rest of the game... /whiteknightshrug

Yeah not sure what's going on there.

...and that creepy NPC mission offerer who keeps a photo of you besides their bed is definitely a PEGI 12 for innuendo... ;)

The violence I think is, despite the quantities, actually within the PEGI-7 criteria - no blood, no people visibly being hurt or killed, Serene Harbour was only a text description, etc ... and everything else that might crop up is essentially text-only. No bad language, no playable gambling, the only illegal drugs which get promoted are also fictional ones and therefore not illegal in real life.

It certainly feels like it should be 16, given the themes and content, but possibly because it's all so indirect it doesn't?

I was thinking on another thread that this scares me a lot about the future of Elite: we might never have Zero-G EVAs in future expansions because of the PEGI mixup!
Unless they are going to restrict even space instancing!

Now back on naked Thargoids.

...and that creepy NPC mission offerer who keeps a photo of you besides their bed is definitely a PEGI 12 for innuendo... ;)

The violence I think is, despite the quantities, actually within the PEGI-7 criteria - no blood, no people visibly being hurt or killed, Serene Harbour was only a text description, etc ... and everything else that might crop up is essentially text-only. No bad language, no playable gambling, the only illegal drugs which get promoted are also fictional ones and therefore not illegal in real life.

It certainly feels like it should be 16, given the themes and content, but possibly because it's all so indirect it doesn't?
Not disagreeing with you, but .... slavery is an acceptable part of the game, and that IS something that can be related to in real life.

Not disagreeing with you, but .... slavery is an acceptable part of the game, and that IS something that can be related to in real life.
Along with drug trafficking, murder, weapons smuggling / sales, death camps, 're-education camps', plagues, exploitation- and that was just last Tuesday. You'd have to neuter the BGS, cargo, actions, Powers, superpowers and factions to remove all that.

I was thinking on another thread that this scares me a lot about the future of Elite: we might never have Zero-G EVAs in future expansions because of the PEGI mixup!
Unless they are going to restrict even space instancing!

Now back on naked Thargoids.
What you mean is those people who don't buy the latest DLC might not get access to the latest DLC.

This is ... not something to be concerned about.

What you mean is those people who don't buy the latest DLC might not get access to the latest DLC.

This is ... not something to be concerned about.
I mean, once a future expansion brings Zero-G EVAs in space, they could not even SEE us using those features (because of the PEGI), so they will have to be restricted from instancing with us even in space (like they won't be able to istance with us on horizons planets), because of the dreadful risk of seeing us getting out of the ship and shooot each other!

Maybe keeping kids away from us all is a good thing.......especially with these children:

1614254406817.png

1614254437979.png

Sometimes a Phantom Zone instance is a blessing...

Top Bottom