CMDRs now playing for ARX

I realy don't get this arx earning upheaval, we're talking nickels and dimes here.
Yay, I played a couple hours and earned 40 cents, ugh it's not even worth my attention.
Nothing has changed for me, on Xbox we had Frontier Points now we have arx, the free arx are just a small extra.
No way I'm gonna adjust my playstyle in order to get a paintjob or a bobblehead.

How many ARX?

Well... im willing to part with maybe a full weeks ARX (value) if you do a good job and i mean a good job. Clean under the wheel arches, That black rubber paint for my tires.....ooohh ohhhh and i expect a new car smell, I like pine fresh.

Obviously i can't pay you in ARX, but i can pay you the real world ARX equivalent of 24p..... i will also throw in a pat on the head* for a job well done.

* Pat on the head is void if you use too much product in your hair.

Last edited:
Even if they are not worth much in real word money, there is a psychological effect to it. People like to feel validated. Therefore it might be nice if there wasn't some activities that are not rewarded much at all, but it's not a huge issue. I expect most people will get over it sooner or later.

With the introduction of ARXs it seems that people now play to get ARX.
The new incentive to play is ARX. Before ARX it was materials and before that it was credits.
Maybe this is a wrong perception, it is just based on the complains here in the forum about getting not enough ARX, where people feel that there efforts are not rewarded enough (with ARX).

It seems to be wrong to play for ARX or credits as it cumulates into the well known grind.

But what is the difference to other long running games like EVE, WoW or others (never played them long enough, so I don't know). What do other games different (or equal) to hold their players. Is there more or better playing content? "Deeper" content? "Emerging" content? (more, better, deeper, emerging = not well defined, maybe we get better understing about these qualifiers while discussing)
Pokemon consumerist culture that's who I blame. Shopping is fun!

there is a psychological effect to it. People like to feel validated.

All modern video games now rely on it. Especially when money is involved.

(brain reward pathway)
prefrontal_cortex_v2.jpg

All modern video games now rely on it. Especially when money is involved.

(brain reward pathway)
Indeed, though in my own personal experience the only effect that could possibly lead me to buy ARX so far has been that it has me thinking of cosmetics more often than before. That may be enough, though. Last year the Black Friday paintjobs had me spending a bit more than I planned. This time I may buy a certain amount of ARX and leave it at that. Seems like limited time offers are more of a weak point to me than having some unused currency.

I guess some people do play for ARX. Its a number that goes up. People like chasing numbers that go up.

I'm just playing and not even taking particular note of my ARX. If i want something, i'll pay for it. If the accumulated ARX make it a bit cheaper, then cool.

With the introduction of ARXs it seems that people now play to get ARX.
The new incentive to play is ARX. Before ARX it was materials and before that it was credits.
Maybe this is a wrong perception, it is just based on the complains here in the forum about getting not enough ARX, where people feel that there efforts are not rewarded enough (with ARX).

It seems to be wrong to play for ARX or credits as it cumulates into the well known grind.

But what is the difference to other long running games like EVE, WoW or others (never played them long enough, so I don't know). What do other games different (or equal) to hold their players. Is there more or better playing content? "Deeper" content? "Emerging" content? (more, better, deeper, emerging = not well defined, maybe we get better understing about these qualifiers while discussing)
Those other games are easier for account sellers and gold farmers to make a good profit.

I like it. It seems like it will be a good target to hit for a moderate amount of playtime every week. Anything over the limit will be gratuitous.

Top Bottom