Colonia Bridge Top-10 Beacon?

It's one of those things they are most likely to announce when it happens, probably in the email newsletter and on social media.
For a moment I thought you were going to announce a major hazzing incident :)

remember the brick.png

There are many more 'fixes' I'd rather see than have my vanity pandered to by FDev though.
I would guess that the simple operation of adding a beacon with text doesn't require a senior developer to be taken away from bug fixing... similar to moving a mega-ship for a CG.

I would guess that the simple operation of adding a beacon with text doesn't require a senior developer to be taken away from bug fixing... similar to moving a mega-ship for a CG.
Nah, they need a team of high class lawyers to ok the names, otherwise you end up with the likes of CMDR I P Freely and CMDR Hugh Jarse in the list. Gotta think of the kiddies :)

Plus I'd delay it a month every time someone asks, just because ;)

Guess away, my sentiment remains - it is just a vanity - the game has sufficient issues without potentially adding further woes to it, does it really matter if the beacon is placed next week or next month?

I unofficially handle the beacon registration. If you come to my FC (The black one with "Free ice cream" painted on the side), parked in the dark behind a planet, with your most expensive ship and modules, I will proceed to the application. If you could slap a "Etienne Dorn, Kraken Retreat settlement, Los system" sticker on your escape pod that'd be great. For administrative reason. Don't worry, you'll end up in the colonia region, you have my word.
Come alone. And don't mind the bloodstain, it's ketchup. For the ice cream.

Don't worry, it just take time I assume.

Guess away, my sentiment remains - it is just a vanity - the game has sufficient issues without potentially adding further woes to it, does it really matter if the beacon is placed next week or next month?
It doesn't matter. Personally I think the priority should be account transfers for console players before those other things, but again, this may not be the same developer skill-set.

But if you look at my initial post, there is nothing which asks for it to appear next week. Or even next month. All I ask for is what the plan about it is (so more or less asking the people I tagged in the post to do what they are hired for: communicate info to the community).

There are a lot of lose ends of unfinished work: several of the colonia bridge megaships don't have their final name yet (and yes, fdev knows about them and acknowledged that they want to fix that for at least some of them already), the beacons are not there, no word about dev updates (not even if they are thinking about them or if it was cancelled), and so on. Sometimes people ask here on the forum about something and they get an official answer. Sometimes the question doesn't get an official answer. A question which is not asked surely gets no answer.

There are a lot of lose ends of unfinished work: several of the colonia bridge megaships don't have their final name yet (and yes, fdev knows about them and acknowledged that they want to fix that for at least some of them already), the beacons are not there, no word about dev updates (not even if they are thinking about them or if it was cancelled), and so on. Sometimes people ask here on the forum about something and they get an official answer. Sometimes the question doesn't get an official answer. A question which is not asked surely gets no answer.
Getting any kind of 'official answer' currently appears to be wasted effort, CMs appear to actively avoid the forum (not that I blame them for that, given its continuing ill-humout toward both game and Frontier) and present a minimal prescence on other social media channels.

It appears to me that the game is in the worst kind of limbo, with justified uncertainty on its ongoing support and development.
Personally I think the priority should be account transfers for console players before those other things
... and, as always, the reassurances (on the livestreams anyway, which have miniscule numbers watching) are being given that "when we know, we'll share", exactly the same platitudes as the "Console EDO development", which are not particularly inspiring given the recent announcement by David Braben.

It appears that once a CM has announced "we are looking into..." no amount of nudging is going to elicit a worthwhile response. Maybe that is why I made my own comment, no point clamouring for action on anything, just because the same old responses are regurtitated when pushed for information.

Not that this prevents questions being asked, of course, but expecting a response, in the current 'political climate' certainly appears futile.

I agree more or less on all what you said, but if everyone goes silent and doesn't care anymore, FDev has no feedback that people care. I still enjoy playing ED, and as such I raise my voice and show that I still care.

I don't remember if adding beacons requires a game patch, in which case they might only come in Update 12. Other non-standard rewards like new stations would've been in the game already.

I do think a clarification could be given. If we shut down any feedback/discussion because we'd prefer if something else gets done first, then we'll just be walking in circles.

I agree more or less on all what you said, but if everyone goes silent and doesn't care anymore, FDev has no feedback that people care. I still enjoy playing ED, and as such I raise my voice and show that I still care.
It is just my own, rather flat, interpretation of how things are today in relation to Frontier's attitude to comminicating with regard to ED. I really dislike the "we have exciting things, but can't tell you about them" that is the fallback of the CMs, not that they are to blame, but it does get tiring!

I'm still playing a lot of hours each week (20-30) in EDO pretty much exclusively, so have no axe to grind about the game itself (I load Horizons to get around a bug in transferring stolen goods to one's ship from FC storage, or if moving a FC any great distance) as I find the expansion much to my liking, performance and bugs aside - but they are being addressed over time!

I unofficially handle the beacon registration. If you come to my FC (The black one with "Free ice cream" painted on the side), parked in the dark behind a planet, with your most expensive ship and modules, I will proceed to the application. If you could slap a "Etienne Dorn, Kraken Retreat settlement, Los system" sticker on your escape pod that'd be great. For administrative reason. Don't worry, you'll end up in the colonia region, you have my word.
Come alone. And don't mind the bloodstain, it's ketchup. For the ice cream.

Don't worry, it just take time I assume.

Hang on a minute. This looks suspiciously like you're trying to get hold of people's expensive stuphz, whilst handing out ice cream.

While I greatly admire your kindness with the ice-cream, just you be careful or I'll get my lawyers on your case.....

I thought the point was for the beacons (or even just the bridges) to appear on the galaxy map?

Having a commander's name on that map would certainly be an impressive CG reward.

Top Bottom