Colonia Core Circuit Expedition 3302 (C3E)

(Out of character)I am a massive moron for this, but if I make it to jaques in time this expedition will have its own sidewinder!Currently doing the outlander challenge to jaques, i'll start buckyballing the hell to jaques tomorrow!Cya all there!I'm soooo screwed!

Last edited:
Another Announcement!

You can't be a real expedition without a fleet flagship, it seems, and the C3E is no different. In light of our dual status as both one of the smallest expeditions (by roster) while also being one of the most hardcore (as evidenced by the fact that you have to travel 22,000 light years just to get to the start of the expedition), I have chosen the flagship of the Colonia Core Circuit Expedition to be:

The Nova
vMOR8QAl.png

Piloted by CMDR Mira Hart, who is currently flying the CCN Outlander Challenge - starting a fresh save and staying in the bubble only long enough to equip a Sidewinder for deep space, then relocating to Jaques Station - and has signed up to fly in the C3E while simultaneously coordinating the Fuel Rat presence in the Colonia Christmas Carrier Convoy.

If you see CMDR Hart, please say hello!

Oooo you're in for a treat - especially when it comes to route plotting! ;) Or maybe that'll change with 2.2 (fingers crossed and here's hoping).

Altum Sagittarii, the Shipslayer
(It's actually not that bad)

As the departure date for C3E draws closer, I wanted to say something about Altum Sagittarii. This is the optional waypoint 2000 light years "up" from Sagittarius A*, and the reason why I've been recommending a 34 LY ship for the trip. The roster, so far, includes a number of ships with a shorter jump range than that, including some with extremely low jump ranges. I've been recommending to everyone who's bringing a low jump range ship that they skip this waypoint, but everyone I've spoken to insists that they want to make it. I can understand that, but anyone trying to reach this waypoint in a low jump range ship needs to understand the dangers involved.

We're traveling in the core bulge, so stars are thick until we reach the end of the bulge, at which point they rapidly start thinning out, continuing to do so all the way to Altum Sagittarii. What this means is that you'll spend most of the trip traveling normally, and then your options will start to decrease until you need to start using jump boosts. Your use of jump boosts will increase as you get closer, with most of your boost usage at the very tail end of the trip. It will be very tempting to press on, hoping to replenish your jump boosts at the waypoint, but there is no guarantee you'll be able to do so. There is a "green" system, Altum Sagittarii Prime, where you can prospect for all jump boost materials, but it's 500 light years further "up", and 800 light years total away from Altum Sagittarii, making it a rough proposition to reach. This is all exacerbated by the upcoming neutron star boosts. Neutron stars are plentiful in the core, so it would be easy to use them to boost up towards Altum Sagittarii, but they are rare in the area of Altum Sagittarii itself, making it very easy to trap yourself there.

Please, if you insist on attempting to reach Altum Sagittarii in a low range ship, practice solid fuel, routing and jump boost discipline. Reserve one jump boost for every neutron star boost you use, as well as enough boosts to get back down into the core region, plus a margin of error. This is a 33 kly trip through some of the most beautiful sights the galaxy has to offer. Don't risk the trip and your ship by getting caught in an unrecoverable area. If you're short on fuel, a fuel rat might be able to save you. If you're stuck with insufficient jump boosts, you may simply be unable to continue. The route to Altum Sagittarii can be a hairy one, and you'll be tired and tempted to press on beyond your limits. Don't do this. In addition, if you're in a low range ship, don't plot a route directly back from Altum Sagittarii to the next waypoint. You'll spend too much time traveling through the upper reaches of the galaxy. Instead, head directly back down until you reenter the galactic core. If you're running EDDiscovery or some other app that keeps track of your route, use this to backtrack your route precisely. This is the only way you'll be able to know for sure that your jump boosts will last for the trip back down from Altum Sagittarii.

My apologies if this is getting tedious. It is a deceptively hairy area of the galaxy, and I really don't want to have to leave anyone behind because they've gotten themselves in an unrecoverable situation.

Somewhat unrelated: after pancaking my cobra and respawning back in the bubble I am just now considering to change into another ship for the many photography improvements a fighter bay would give me :)

Can't quite afford an anaconda, though maybe I come up with the credits before the expansion drops. But I am seriously considering fitting a Keelback out for the trip. Only 6 internals would mean leaving either shield or AMFU at home for a fighter bay but all in all I think that would be a worthwhile trade-off (also boosting around on planet surfaces is something I enjoy way too much and when being able to use a fighter instead of my real ship I lessen the danger of pancaking myself back to the bubble significantly)

o7 will update you here if I go through with a ship exchange :)

Hey guys, I plan on making C3E embroided patches available soon. If you're interested, please read the instructions on the Order Sheet.

I'm changing my process to front payment, then order to the supplier. Safer and faster. Don't forget to check up on it regularly to know when you can pay and start the production. That will also allow me not to PM 120 persons in a few weeks ;)

o7

If I were to take my Outlander Sidewinder (jump range 17.88Ly) and if were to attempt to reach Altum Sagittarii, is there an estimate of how many Premium FSD Injections might be needed for a return journey?

My first account is overflowing with Jumponium, but in the Outlander account I haven't had much opportunity to collect the materials. I need to know if I have enough time to collect enough Jumponium.

My next question, of course, is where, close to Jaques, can I find Polonium etc.?

Last edited:
It would take a lot of Jumponium. I would heavily encourage you to skip the Altum Sagittarii waypoint. It takes a 33-34 LY ship to reach it without jump boosts, and the last 1000 light years or so have a lot of 30+ ly jumps. If I had to guess - and this is entirely just me pulling numbers out of thin air - I'd guess it would take 30-40 premium jumps for your ship to make it, plus a lot of J1 and J2 boosts, as well.

The rest of the route should be no problem at all for your ship, so if you simply head from Sagittarius A* to the Inky Nebula waypoint, you'd be golden.

It would take a lot of Jumponium. I would heavily encourage you to skip the Altum Sagittarii waypoint. It takes a 33-34 LY ship to reach it without jump boosts, and the last 1000 light years or so have a lot of 30+ ly jumps. If I had to guess - and this is entirely just me pulling numbers out of thin air - I'd guess it would take 30-40 premium jumps for your ship to make it, plus a lot of J1 and J2 boosts, as well.

The rest of the route should be no problem at all for your ship, so if you simply head from Sagittarius A* to the Inky Nebula waypoint, you'd be golden.
Thanks for that; I think I will take your advice. I don't have the time, anyway, to collect the materials.

To everyone in the roster in post #1:

On an expedition I like to light up the galaxy map with lots of green, so you will receive a friend request from Kit Ausland before the expedition starts. I think it would be handy if you could transfer friends between accounts, but I don't suppose that's possible.

Last edited:
May be changing my ship to a Beluga if I can engineer it to at least 34ly (don't want to miss altum sagittarii).

I wasn't going to but had a little accident with my Conda (pics of it in the screenie thread in dangerous discussion) and as I'm now back in the bubble I figured I would wait for 2.2 to release before heading back out and fancy trying out a Beluga

Last edited:
A few updates:

Basecamps, the first!
The first basecamp in the Blue Lilies Nebula has been nailed down, with the last basecamp due to be finalized in the next day or two. The first basecamp has been named in honor of Captain Joshua Slocum, the first man to sail singlehandedly around the world.

La Basecamps, the last!
I have decided to run a contest for the naming of the last basecamp. The name must be topical to exploration of some sort (looking at the existing basecamp names for the expedition should give you the feel for it), must fit with the feel of the location (La vie en Rose - Screakou EW-N e6-5997), and must not violate FDev's forum posting rules. Please PM me directly with entries. The winning entry will be selected by Jaques the Discord Bot (randomly) out of all the entries that meet these criteria. The deadline is November 4th at 00:00, IGT.

New flagship!
CMDR Mira Hart, the pilot of our previous flagship, the Nova, has decided to bring a different ship on the expedition. Replacing the Nova as flagship, in keeping with the spirit of the original, is...

The Lyra
sm0LltQl.png

Piloted by CMDR Kit Ausland, another of the Outlander Challenge pilots who flew a Sidewinder from the bubble to Jaques Station with a fresh save.

If you see CMDR Ausland, please say hello!

I'm another that will be bringing a different ship - I will be flying a Beluga instead of my Anaconda (i managed to get my Beluga to 35.7 ly so wont be missing out on altum sagattarii)

Signed up, been to Sag A a couple of times but looking forward to coming at it from Jacques side and seeing the other sights along the way and back, also never been up to Altum Sagittarii so that's a first.

A few updates:

The first basecamp in the Blue Lilies Nebula has been nailed down, with the last basecamp due to be finalized in the next day or two. The first basecamp has been named in honor of Captain Joshua Slocum, the first man to sail singlehandedly around the world.!
There mus be - somewhere -a stellar region that can justifiably be called The Spray.

Last edited:
Some unexpected stuff came up in RL, so I sadly won't be able to participate in the expedition :(

Well, next time! Or maybe I will be able to rendevouz with the fleet at one of the waypoints.

Anyways, fly safe everyone o7

Top Bottom