News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Phase Two Complete

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Hi everyone,

Slight tweak to the details again!!!! (oh how these numbers are complicated)

But after some careful consideration, SDC have been added as winners this month.

This will not change any of the other factions who were already announced as being in the top 5.

Ed

Haha you've added them but not even put a total. Yeah, seems legit.

Goose4291

Banned
Ed, any chance on clarification regarding if a faction can be forced out of the colonia bubble using the BGS or not as planned in the original sales pitch email?

Hi everyone,

Slight tweak to the details again!!!! (oh how these numbers are complicated)

But after some careful consideration, SDC have been added as winners this month.

This will not change any of the other factions who were already announced as being in the top 5.

Ed

Why did it require careful consideration? Surely it's a simple question of whether there were more or fewer than 6657 guides delivered.

Unless the number of guides isn't what was being considered. Which would fit well with the conspicuous lack of a total in the entry, and a sixth faction being added rather than the fifth spot being re-awarded.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Why did it require careful consideration? Surely it's a simple question of whether there were more or fewer than 6657 guides delivered.

Unless the number of guides isn't what was being considered. Which would fit well with the conspicuous lack of a total in the entry, and a sixth faction being added rather than the fifth spot being re-awarded.

It's official, SDC have DBOBE's original paper tape source code for Elite'84.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

Why indeed. It begs a lot of questions, but as usual there is no response.

If you think he's saying that they've made a special consideration due to pressure from a certain group, then that would certainly appear to be the case. Not only would it not be a unique situation it just makes a mockery of all the effort people have put in.

Ready to be proved wrong if FD would care to make an official statement to clear things up...

Goose4291

Banned
Why indeed. It begs a lot of questions, but as usual there is no response.

If you think he's saying that they've made a special consideration due to pressure from a certain group, then that would certainly appear to be the case. Not only would it not be a unique situation it just makes a mockery of all the effort people have put in.

Ready to be proved wrong if FD would care to make an official statement to clear things up...

The requirement for special attention stems from the fact that some commanders names (which used special characters) werent being counted automatically. Hope that clears it up for you.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
The requirement for special attention stems from the fact that some commanders names (which used special characters) werent being counted automatically. Hope that clears it up for you.

Not attention, "consideration". If that is the case, and forgive me while I wait for official confirmation, then surely that means that every single transaction of guides at Jaques station since 1st of December 3302 needs to now be manually checked? That way any other commanders who use special characters in their names can be counted and checked. They will then need to be cross referenced against the factions they signed up for and then all of the totals worked out again. Unless of course it's only SDC this courtesy is extended to?

Goose4291

Banned
Not attention, "consideration". If that is the case, and forgive me while I wait for official confirmation, then surely that means that every single transaction of guides at Jaques station since 1st of December 3302 needs to now be manually checked? That way any other commanders who use special characters in their names can be counted and checked. They will then need to be cross referenced against the factions they signed up for and then all of the totals worked out again. Unless of course it's only SDC this courtesy is extended to?

You're making a lot of assumptions there, who says they havent done this already, or changed their automatic counter number to take into consideration those additional special characters?

I imagine the consideration stemmed from having to decide whether or not to keep it it at the top 5 which would have involved telling a group who they'd previously said had won that they hadnt, which as we know from Frontiers normal 'good sports' policy is not the way they do things.

I've got to ask though. If this was any other group apart from SDC, would you be making vague accusations of cheating, manipulation or bowing to player pressure?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
You're making a lot of assumptions there, who says they havent done this already, or changed their automatic counter number to take into consideration those additional special characters?

Actually I'm asking questions not making assumptions and they are questions that should not have to be asked because the explanation in the first place should have covered them.

I imagine the consideration stemmed from having to decide whether or not to keep it it at the top 5 which would have involved telling a group who they'd previously said had won that they hadnt, which as we know from Frontiers normal 'good sports' policy is not the way they do things.

That is not how it was worded.

I've got to ask though. If this was any other group apart from SDC, would you be making vague accusations of cheating, manipulation or bowing to player pressure?

Yes. I have done in the past and I always will seek clarification when things are unclear. Although I'm not making any accusations of cheating, I'll leave that to SDC.

If everything is as clear cut as you say, then why are there no figures on the front page? Surely if there's been a recount then FD must know what they are, why were they not included? This sort of thing only creates confusion and annoyance and this thread descending into the joy of other threads on this subject, started by... Was I accusatory of ryan when it was first brought up here? No.

Last edited:
Okey, SDC might not get along with Frontier much but users suggesting frontier "rigged" this are false, I can also see a few users here with some sour grapes...

the issue of why we didn't get our total correct the first time, Ed and his team recounted the totals, plus the "consideration" part comes from our evidence submitted to Ed as proof of our count being wrong in the first place it would of taken some "consideration" to come to the conclusion as to if our totals should be recounted...

I hope this clears things up for anyone wondering how we made it... I am also able to post our screenshots showing we made more drop offs than the had been 5th place.

Last edited:
Haha you've added them but not even put a total. Yeah, seems legit.

Hey!

I'm sorry about that, was unintentionally lazy on my part. I was meant to go back and add it but I completely forgot. They legitimately made it in to the top 5 this time round, they sent proof of their own spreadsheet records. We then cross-referenced them with our own and found that a few of their Commanders had been left out. These Commanders had contributed a significant enough amount to make a difference! The reason why these original records weren't found is because the Commanders name's included symbols, so the system did not automatically pick them up (for whatever technical reason!)

We then went back to double check other Commanders weren't left out from other groups. We found a few, but they didn't have any impact on the standing other than with SDC!

So, I apologise that I didn't make it clear... hope that helps :)

Ed

Hey!

I'm sorry about that, was unintentionally lazy on my part. I was meant to go back and add it but I completely forgot. They legitimately made it in to the top 5 this time round, they sent proof of their own spreadsheet records. We then cross-referenced them with our own and found that a few of their Commanders had been left out. These Commanders had contributed a significant enough amount to make a difference! The reason why these original records weren't found is because the Commanders name's included symbols, so the system did not automatically pick them up (for whatever technical reason!)

We then went back to double check other Commanders weren't left out from other groups. We found a few, but they didn't have any impact on the standing other than with SDC!

So, I apologise that I didn't make it clear... hope that helps :)
Excellent work. This is the kind of transparency we need... can we get some over here too? ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom