News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Sign up!

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Looks like my planned second trip to Beagle Point is gonna come quicker than I thought.

Sorry Zac, you should have run more the one CG on this.....one for those cmdr's that have been around Colonia for month's & another for those who have only just found Colonia on the Galmap.

In what way? Always interested in suggestions. But how would two CGs work in your mind?

Sorry Zac, you should have run more the one CG on this.....one for those cmdr's that have been around Colonia for month's & another for those who have only just found Colonia on the Galmap.

This will happen every month.

Remember that ANY organisation can come together and have a faction out there even a collective of solo players or the CCN for example.
I consider myself one of those :D

Either way though, after taking the feedback from the community we made it so that any single contributions made will require people to have gone to Colonia to take part. If there are enough people who have done that for any faction then that's fair enough.
That could be a single Cutter making several trips and getting filled by a few making no trips at all though, right?

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Looks like my planned second trip to Beagle Point is gonna come quicker than I thought.

I really think you have misunderstood what this is about.

For a bit of fun, here's the top 25 organisations that have been signed up to. This doesn't mean they will haul the most res. Just that they have the most people or accounts signed up to them at this stage. Still a long way to go!

Explorers' Nation
SOCIAL ELEU PROGRESSIVE PARTY

Wow! [woah] Thanks for the huge Support guys! We're looking forward to actively support the Colonia, a true Explorers Nation near the core.
That's what we've always dreamed of since the foundation of SEPP!
:)

Personally I'm getting flashbacks from the Dangerous Games but I'm also looking forward to bringing my new ship to colonia.

Please keep an eye out on our Discord where we will organise the hauling. ;)
https://discord.gg/0hh9C3ljgWpnWs4o
If you are a new member, please write a quick text: "here for the Colonia CG"

Godspeed everyone!

PS:
We are working on the mixup thing but can't promise anything.
Well, worst case: both factions make it to colonia. :p

Last edited:

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
This will happen every month.

I consider myself one of those :D

That could be a single Cutter making several trips and getting filled by a few making no trips at all though, right?

Basically let's say that me and Ed sign up to Ed's 38 and you and Ozric sign up to something called Ocric's 39.

If I take 100 tonnes and Ed takes 20 Tonnes - Ed's 38 will have 120 tonnes contributed.

If you take 200 tonnes and Ozric takes 50 tonnes then Ozric's 39 will have 250 tonnes contributed.

Take that way of looking at it on a much wider scale. People can go back and forth as many times as they like. It's total contributions to the CG.

In what way? Always interested in suggestions. But how would two CGs work in your mind?

It should be quite easy to have more than one CG running at once, an exploration CG, a mining CG, a haulage CG & dare I even say it a pewpew CG.

Each one could have contributed to end result after 4 weeks.

Iv been to Jaques 9 times now, returning to the bubble 8 times. Iv spent nearly every minutes gametime since the end of June at Jaques or going to the bubble to pick things up to transport back, just to try & get the station to activate things & expand the region.
Personally I find that expecting me to travel 22k LYs to pick up something & return another 22k for this CG is too much for me to swallow. btw, I know I can suicidewinder back, but why the hell should I.

Just bear in mind Zac that history always shows that when people start to form groups & then are placed in the same vinicity, they get bored quick & soon start to ruin the region.

I fear that the region will go down pretty quickly unless there is enough interesting things to do. Currently the region is devoid of these things, all the interesting stuff is still in bubble 1.
I'm just hoping the there are other things still to be found in unexplored regions in the galaxy, if not then I'll spend the rest of my gametime scanning dead systems.

Don't think Im knocking the game, it's a brilliant game, as you know by the hours Iv been playing, you can't please everybody all the time - unfortunately this is one of those occasions.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Zac, can I ask why most the factions had to come up with a new name for their faction in Colonia, while some of them (Smiling Dog Crew, SEPP etc.) were allowed to keep their old name? Is this an error or deliberate?

Last edited:
Take that way of looking at it on a much wider scale. People can go back and forth as many times as they like. It's total contributions to the CG.

Exactly. Getting more than 10 tons requires assistance from someone who is not on the way yet though. And the more there are the faster a ship is loaded.

Thanks for clarification :)

I guess it's a good combination of numbers and effort involved. It's just a bit weird that the supporting numbers effectively don't have to make the trip at all.

Last edited:

I suggested having one commodity that had to be hauled and one that could be mined, perhaps in very rare amounts, for those ALREADY AT Colonia.

But I think two CGs would have worked as well:

* one run just as this is pour encourager les autres from the bubble.

* one able to be serviced from Colonia itself that runs for only a week so there's not enough time for most to haul out from the bubble. It'd let actual Colonia residents partake.

This may be about setting up factions, but they're bubble factions. The residents of Colonia can only throw their hat in the ring BY RETURNING TO THE BUBBLE. It's ludicrous.

-BW.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Basically let's say that me and Ed sign up to Ed's 38 and you and Ozric sign up to something called Ocric's 39.

If I take 100 tonnes and Ed takes 20 Tonnes - Ed's 38 will have 120 tonnes contributed.

If you take 200 tonnes and Ozric takes 50 tonnes then Ozric's 39 will have 250 tonnes contributed.

Ocric's 39 :D

I believe what he was getting at what, as I mentioned yesterday, if you have more people in the bubble willing to help you load up your ships, then you're going to do more than the 2 people who do it themselves. Even though all of the teabaggers don't get counted towards the CG total, the help they provide pushes the balance towards large groups.

Iv been to Jaques 9 times now, returning to the bubble 8 times. Iv spent nearly every minutes gametime since the end of June at Jaques or going to the bubble to pick things up to transport back, just to try & get the station to activate things & expand the region.
Personally I find that expecting me to travel 22k LYs to pick up something & return another 22k for this CG is too much for me to swallow. btw, I know I can suicidewinder back, but why the hell should I.

Just bear in mind Zac that history always shows that when people start to form groups & then are placed in the same vinicity, they get bored quick & soon start to ruin the region.

I fear that the region will go down pretty quickly unless there is enough interesting things to do. Currently the region is devoid of these things, all the interesting stuff is still in bubble 1.
I'm just hoping the there are other things still to be found in unexplored regions in the galaxy, if not then I'll spend the rest of my gametime scanning dead systems.

Don't think Im knocking the game, it's a brilliant game, as you know by the hours Iv been playing, you can't please everybody all the time - unfortunately this is one those occasions.

I think you've contradicted yourself there. Also I would be interested to hear what reference you have to that history part.

So there's nothing to do in the region at the moment, but you think that bringing factions into the area will mean that there's nothing to do in the region. Maybe I'm just confused.

Also if you want to talk about Jaques, what about those of us who followed him around the bubble for almost a year. Eagerly awaiting his next jump, just to see him left lying in waste for almost 6 months, before having him ripped away from us and made to jump to Beagle Point. And you feel hard done by because they're going to be building 10 stations in the area :D (that part is slightly tongue in cheek, I'm not still bitter... :p)

No ozric, I think bringing these group factions into the region is likely to turn it into another bubble 1 scenario. That was the reason I left bubble 1 & came to Jaques to get away from all that crap.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
No ozric, I think bringing these group factions into the region is likely to turn it into another bubble 1 scenario. That was the reason I left bubble 1 & came to Jaques to get away from all that crap.

Ah I see, sort of, I don't really know what you mean by bubble 1 scenario. I think what you mean is 1 independent starport in the middle of nowhere you can use as a base for exploration. I think however too many other people wanted to make it into a new frontier, a place away from the bickering of the superpowers, somewhere you can discover something without having the Feds and Imps jump in and commandeer it.

If I could have a little space on a planet in a system in the far corner of the galaxy & was told told 'That's yours now develop it' then that's my game.
But that's not ED, but that's also why 95% of my assets have come from exploration.

There are different types of players in the ED universe, try as they do, FD have to cater for every type, though not always equally.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
There are different types of players in the ED universe, try as they do, FD have to cater for every type, though not always equally.

I'm an explorer, have been since the first day of Gamma, have the privilege of being listed by Erimus as one of the pioneers. I'm not even Elite in exploration yet as I spend too long getting sidetracked by the beauty and strangeness of the galaxy.

And as such, I know about the hardships we continue to face, you don't need to talk to me about equality [haha]

Zac, can I ask why most the factions had to come up with a new name for their faction in Colonia, while some of them (Smiling Dog Crew, SEPP etc.) were allowed to keep their old name? Is this an error or deliberate?
At least for us (the German-speaking) community it was a deliberate decision not to try to establish a branch of an existing faction as each group for itself is too small to take care for a home and a Colonia branch. That's why I asked Zac if we (all interested CMDRs at elitedangerous.de) could try to form a new one. Now we have PAX on the list and hope we can contribute to Colonia development and establish good relationships with everyone there. :)

There are many non bubble factions on the list.

Sorry if I didn't explain that clearly enough. Every one on that is by definition NOT a bubble faction, but I meant this is geared at encouraging new factions for people currently resident in the bubble, as it's not possible to contribute at all without staging from the bubble.

The terminology is even to that end: 'Migration pass'. I've already migrated. Why must we do the trip another two times to stand a chance of gaining a faction when johnny-come-lately must only do it once?

-BW.

At least for us (the German-speaking) community it was a deliberate decision not to try to establish a branch of an existing faction as each group for itself is too small to take care for a home and a Colonia branch. That's why I asked Zac if we (all interested CMDRs at elitedangerous.de) could try to form a new one. Now we have PAX on the list and hope we can contribute to Colonia development and establish good relationships with everyone there. :)

Hi all,

we did exactely the same with Edge Fraternity that will bring together several FR groups but also several Cmdrs that are Freelancers outside groups.
The goal was to build a an area, far away from the main factions, groups, wars.
A new world where all are going to leave their quarrels (RP) in the first bubble and be brothers to cooperate and push in a unique direction (a little bit utopic ;) ).

A part of the Cmdrs will stay in Colonia and a part of the Cmdrs will flight back to the first bubble.
And when they will flight back to the first bubble, they will take back their function in their original groups.
This new world will be more like a base camp in the void for them.. in the first time anyway for several reason like the Engineers who are only in the first bubble today.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier

They won't be able to have the same name. They will need to adjust it if they get a faction out there.

Top Bottom