News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Sign up!

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey Zac,

Congrats on getting this set up. I do feel a little Dangerous Games apprehensive but without a doubt this took a fair amount of effort and FDev have put in effort to create something different from the systems they normally have so kudos or giving it a go!

I feel I may chosen the wrong faction though, Social Eleu Progresssive Party, whom i do want to vote for but they have since combined with the winged hussars to form the Explorer's Nation.

Will my vote be included for the Explorer's nation? Can I reset my registration? Is frontier support able to do that?

First of all, thanks!

Ultimately we understand there's a bit of wizardry needed to combine people and yes, there is an element of getting people to do a thing, much like the Dangerous Games. BUT it's important to remember that we need to make it so it is done completely by the community. The difference with this is that we consulted the community beforehand and having things like the people having to actively taking a trip to Jaques is important so we've tried to factor that in.

I'm joining in. Ed's 38 and is where I'm throwing my support. Good luck to all.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
For a bit of fun, here's the top 25 organisations that have been signed up to. This doesn't mean they will haul the most res. Just that they have the most people or accounts signed up to them at this stage. Still a long way to go!

GalCop Colonial Defence Commission
MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY
Explorers' Nation
Eol Prou Group
Smiling Dog Crew
Canonn Colonia Department
THE FUEL RATS MISCHIEF
Colonia Exploration and Research
Societas Incognitorum
317th Survey Team
Aurora Colony
The Winged Hussars Colonia Initiative
Ed's 38
ICU Colonial Corps
Pioneers and eXplorers
SOCIAL ELEU PROGRESSIVE PARTY
French
The Creationers
Rock Research Ring
Earth Expeditionary Fleet
Lost Wolves
Simple ELITE Corps
Knights of Colonial Karma
Radiosidewinder
GVC Flying Tigers

For a bit of fun, here's the top 25 groups that have been signed up to. This doesn't mean they will haul the most res. Just that they have the most people or accounts signed up to them at this stage. Still a long way to go!

Very cool! Are those in any particular order?

For a bit of fun, here's the top 25 organisations that have been signed up to. This doesn't mean they will haul the most res. Just that they have the most people or accounts signed up to them at this stage. Still a long way to go!

GalCop Colonial Defence Commission
MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY
Explorers' Nation
Eol Prou Group
Smiling Dog Crew
Canonn Colonia Department
THE FUEL RATS MISCHIEF
Colonia Exploration and Research
Societas Incognitorum
317th Survey Team
Aurora Colony
The Winged Hussars Colonia Initiative
Ed's 38
ICU Colonial Corps
Pioneers and eXplorers
French
The Creationers
Rock Research Ring
Earth Expeditionary Fleet
Lost Wolves
Simple ELITE Corps
Knights of Colonial Karma
Radiosidewinder
GVC Flying Tigers

Are they in order of sign ups?

Ninja'd lol

Last edited:
Can we pick the goods up, before leaving, and then decide and apply for one faction later on, during the next 4 weeks?
This is because i would really like to take part in the CG but i'm not sure which faction to support, yet.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Can we pick the goods up, before leaving, and then decide and apply for one faction later on, during the next 4 weeks?
This is because i would really like to take part in the CG but i'm not sure which faction to support, yet.

Yeah, you can actually. That would also be a great way to see what kind of things each group will give you. Get loads shipped and the be all like "what you gonna gimme?"

What would you like? The Rock Research Ring can provide mining resources en masse (we have been and still are mapping the region) - all the diamonds and painite you want :D

Last edited:
For a bit of fun, here's the top 25 organisations that have been signed up to.

Explorers' Nation

Zac, Can you please clarify whether SEPP and Explorer's Nation are counted seperate, or whether SEPP sign ups go to both, or what?

Thanks

Time to make our best for the CG! Together united!

LbZmDxz.jpg

Last edited:
+Rep cmdr. Iv made 9 YES 9!!! trips out to Jaques station both b4 & during CG's to get the station going. I can't really write the word's that I feel about this CG just to get our groups name on a station, not many would get through the word sensor. Disappointment is a MASSIVE understatement.

Sorry mate,

You don't have the number of members, you don't get anything. All the effort you put into this unselfishly is so much less important than this ing contest.

CMDRs with no or small factions can go screw themselves. It doesn't matter what you have been doing out of your own accord until now. Irrelevant. Chase the carrot monkey!

Good to see SDC so high up in the list. We all know how hard they have been working to get Jaques up to speed! Godspeed SDC. May the farce be with you!

Yeah, you can actually. That would also be a great way to see what kind of things each group will give you. Get loads shipped and the be all like "what you gonna gimme?"

excellent! am getting hyped for this :)

ps: is there still a chance for "The New Gathering" to be added to the list? pwetty pwease? :D

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Zac, Can you please clarify whether SEPP and Explorer's Nation are counted seperate, or whether SEPP sign ups go to both, or what?

Thanks

Well initially we did make it clear in the post that once you have pledged there won't be a chance to change that and we have the confirmation message on the sign up. The issue is that without it we end up in a situation where people want to create new groups, power blocks etc.

It's a difficult one. We want everyone to be able to join in and have fun but we do need groups to coordinate themselves into which factions they are supporting otherwise the entire process becomes unmanageable. I'll look into it but I can't make any promises at this stage.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Will this CG awards us with some kind of decal or something? Plain money isn't enough for me [cry]

This isn't about doing it for the Credits, if that's all you care about then you're in the wrong place.

I've also heard people in discord saying if the organization you are backing won the 10 spots in Colonia, you will have visa or right to live there, so when your ship destroyed, upon respawning you will have another option to respawn in a sidewinder in Colonia where you have citizenship. Is that true?

No.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

They should be counted as separate. As I said yesterday, if groups suddenly decide to form a coalition but can't be bothered to inform their members then that's their problem not FD's

Hey Zac,

I feel I may chosen the wrong faction though, Social Eleu Progresssive Party, whom i do want to vote for but they have since combined with the winged hussars to form the Explorer's Nation.

Olivia, I'm from The Winged Hussars, and we stand alone, nothing to do with Explorer's Nation. Why do you think we formed an alliance?

Whomever runs the 317th Survey Team, you have my support. I'm leaving in a few hours. There is always an upside about being sick. Picked it because it sounds cool to survey the galaxy.

Last edited:
Sorry mate,

You don't have the number of members, you don't get anything. All the effort you put into this unselfishly is so much less important than this ing contest.

CMDRs with no or small factions can go screw themselves. It doesn't matter what you have been doing out of your own accord until now. Irrelevant. Chase the carrot monkey!

Good to see SDC so high up in the list. We all know how hard they have been working to get Jaques up to speed! Godspeed SDC. May the farce be with you!

Looks like my planned second trip to Beagle Point is gonna come quicker than I thought.

Sorry Zac, you should have run more the one CG on this.....one for those cmdr's that have been around Colonia for month's & another for those who have only just found Colonia on the Galmap.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Sorry mate,

Really? I know that there are a few people who feel like the solo players aren't getting anything here but that's not really true. Remember that ANY organisation can come together and have a faction out there even a collective of solo players or the CCN for example. Remember that this isn't the entire story of Colonia, this is about adding factions to the Colonia. Factions are in themselves groups of people.

When the first CGs went live you have the ability to support the CG and help shape that part of the story. To develop the very first parts of colonisation. Your reward (other than the standard CG rewards) is that the colonisation started happening and this was a player generated event. Players shaping the Galaxy. Then this is a second part in that process where factions start to be added.

The entire community have a say in this next part, they can contribute and decide the types of factions that are made. It's not groups specific. Look at Eds38. That's a bunch of people who all want to support one thing getting behind it. It feels like the people being negative about the initiative want the bubble to be in their view of what the bubble should be but it's important to recognise that this is and always has been a community initiative where everyone has a say in how this develops.

As for SDC, I was surprised myself. They might have people registered but that doesn't mean they are hauling res. Either way though, after taking the feedback from the community we made it so that any single contributions made will require people to have gone to Colonia to take part. If there are enough people who have done that for any faction then that's fair enough. The better way to counter that is to pledge yourself to a group or collective that you do want to see out there and haul as your vote.

Top Bottom