Community Event Calendar Now Live!

Greetings Commanders!

I'm happy to announce that the Community Event Calendar is now live and awaiting your event submissions:

https://www.elitedangerous.com/community/events

We're excited to see how you as a community use this tool, and I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on how we can potentially develop this further, if it proves useful to players. The calendar is currently set up to accept a range of event types, from races to mining meetups. At the moment, events can't last for months at a time - this is something we've already noted for a potential phase 2 of the calendar, but for now, if you're running an expedition, I suggest entering the dates for your event as a 'starting period' or 'sign up' period, and you're welcome to put the full date range in the description.

All events submitted into the calendar will be subject to approval, which may take a few days, so make sure to get your event in well ahead of time. There will also be a set of FAQ's to answer anything that you may be thinking of on the page, but if you have a question that's not covered there, please let me know.

The calendar also has some functionality to add an event to your personal calendar, so that you don't forget about your upcoming activity!

I'll be monitoring the calendar activity and questions around it closely over the next few weeks, so I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

o7
I find it ironic that you still list the console s on the bottom even though F-Dev is doing absolutely nothing new for Horizons,or any new content for them, what so ever !

OK. Now we need developers' diaries, at least some understanding of your plans to develop the game.

When can we expect the 12th update? When should we expect the return of volumetric lighting? When can we expect a noticeable development of microdisplacement?

Tried again today with Firefox browser and it looks like it performs better, eventhough it still froze browser for some time. Dunno, to be honest I think that it is eye candy, but not very much practically usable as it is now (it must really work smooth, no one will want regularly wait half minute to get it "loaded"). If I want usable info, help, practically anything from this game I would visit Inara and use that smoothly working external site. I know that I should be not so criticial, it for sure is a step forward to players, but ... sigh, it feels too cumbersome, not sure how to describe it better. With patches notes also transferred to these game pages it looks like attempt to make it broadly used ... but maybe they should ask someone experienced with that kind of stuff how to make it work. Dunno, maybe if that can be at least partly included into launcher, it may work better.

Last edited:
Tried again today with Firefox browser and it looks like it performs better, eventhough it still froze browser for some time. Dunno, to be honest I think that it is eye candy, but not very much practically usable as it is now (it must really work smooth, no one will want regularly wait half minute to get it "loaded"). If I want usable info, help, practically anything from this game I would visit Inara and use that smoothly working external site. I know that I should be not so criticial, it for sure is a step forward to players, but ... sigh, it feels too cumbersome, not sure how to describe it better. With patches notes also transferred to these game pages it looks like attempt to make it broadly used ... but maybe they should ask someone experienced with that kind of stuff how to make it work. Dunno, maybe if that can be at least partly included into launcher, it may work better.
I just crashed my browser opening it :D

I just crashed my browser opening it
That's the thing, you need to wait to make it "working" (browser does not respond, but recovers if you give it some time). I dunno what is functioning wrong on these pages, but firefox definitelly do not like it (looks like too long loading time). After it "recovers", it works further normally ... I'm testing it now in separate browser window.

Last edited:
You've been here for quite some time and they've never posted one then and they won't post one now :D

Someone had better tell Arthur the policy them.

Top Bottom