NOTICE: Community Meeting Efteling 2017 (CHC version)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Cool see you in the evening!

You may have understood me incorrectly. I have sent you an invite for our Discord server. If you want, you can accept it so that you can chat with other members who will be joining the meeting at Efteling. ;)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
One week!

YEAH!!! :D

Only 7 nights remaining until the Community Meeting Efteling 2017!

Some of us will visit Efteling on Friday and/or Sunday as well.

Additional practical information
  • As I said in the first post of this thread, the community meeting will be 'just a date' on which you will be able to meet other community members in the Dutch theme park Efteling. We are not going to organise anything special like a get-together in a venue or something like that.
  • The Community Meeting Efteling 2017 will be on Saturday 1 July 2017.
  • It will be a busy day in the park because it will be the first day of the Negen Pleinen Festijn (Nine Squares Festivities) as well as the public opening day of the new darkride Symbolica.
  • Some members will want to visit the new ride Symbolica first. Everyone will be free to come and go as they please, just like a normal visit to a theme park.
  • I and some other members will try to meet other members at the entrance gates of the park around 09:30 CEST, if possible and depending on traffic and local circumstances.
  • We will probably form several smaller groups which will visit the park separately, mainly because it is not practical to visit the park with one large group. For example: some members do not like coasters and prefer to go with a group that will only visit the dark- and gentle rides.
  • Discussion about the Community Meeting is mainly taking place in a Discord server that we have set up for this. If you are going to join us in Efteling on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday and want to join our Discord server, then please send me a PM.

Above all, we are going to have a wonderful time together!

I am very excited and look forward to meet everyone! <3

Although I cannot make it to Efteling I will be visiting Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, TX, USA with my family and 3 year old granddaughter on 1 July.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Although I cannot make it to Efteling I will be visiting Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, TX, USA with my family and 3 year old granddaughter on 1 July.

Hey hhardin3,

Nice to hear that you will be visiting a theme park as well! You will be in the same spirit as we are during the community meeting; the theme park spirit! :D

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I'm so excited!!

Just want to ask everyone to bring a bag or something :) I also found a ton of UK park maps for the collectors among us. Will bring them!

I'll just sit here at work and look on with jealousy [sad]

In all seriousness though, I hope you all have fun! I cannot wait to see all the photos and videos you will be sharing.

I really hope we can do something in the UK one day, or just on a date that I can go [haha] It would be really good to meet some of you that I never really got to meet at the Game Launch.

Have fun everyone!

Thanks Joël for the fantastic idea for this meeting. Even if it was not an official meeting, I was very happy to meet some people personally. Somehow I was totally crazy when I was able to meet Bo and Ed. The photo with the two gets a place of honor. I had hoped to meet some of you again later, but some waiting times before the rides and especially my data volume for my mobile phone have prevented me for another meeting or to communicate with you via Discord.

I have also been able to experience Efteling for the first time, one of the most beautiful parks we have in Europe. Your Dutchman can be proud of this park. The wait times at the rides were okay and worth it. Symbolic is wonderful. Only the ride through the main hall with the king could have been longer, to capture all these wonderful details.

I think and hope that all who were there yesterday were also having such a wonderful day in Efteling as I did with my family. I will be back next time.

1PUePup.jpg

kRML8PX.jpg

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you for the compliment! It was a pleasure helping to organise the meeting. Special thanks to Jinatha and PSPfreaky, DeLadysigner and other lovely people from the Dutch Planet Coaster community for starting the idea for the meeting!

I'm writing this while queuing on Symbolica, in the presence of the awesome Bo, Coastercad, Nick and renssies. <3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom