[Comparison] Horizon vs odyssey planets

Come back when you can actually see and land over there in Odyssey,and we'll talk ;)

Do you EVER post anything that is not argumentative?

You can see everything as plain as day in the video. That's not a pre-rendered promo video or some highly-produced cut scene. There's no magic there. You can see what ships they're flying and what planets they're visiting. It's obviously real gameplay video. What difference does it make that it was the devs who captured the video instead of one of us? It doesn't seem to bother you that none of us shot the Horizons video either -- that was the "Space Hero" guy. So how are those two videos not exactly the same thing? They're both in-game video taken by someone else. Yet one of them satiates your apparent need to argue solely for the sake of arguing while the other one doesn't.

Do you EVER post anything that is not argumentative?

You can see everything as plain as day in the video. That's not a pre-rendered promo video or some highly-produced cut scene. There's no magic there. You can see what ships they're flying and what planets they're visiting. It's obviously real gameplay video. What difference does it make that it was the devs who captured the video instead of one of us? It doesn't seem to bother you that none of us shot the Horizons video either -- that was the "Space Hero" guy. So how are those two videos not exactly the same thing? They're both in-game video taken by someone else. Yet one of them satiates your apparent need to argue solely for the sake of arguing while the other one doesn't.
Did you remember what they shown before ED release? Did you remember what was in game ? Now plese stop this crap,you believe in what you can,I'll make the comparison when I can test things in the field,bye.

Given the visual differences that can exist on the planets we can land already on, I'm not sure a comparison can be fairly done until we can actually land a ship and view the entire landing sequence. Never mind that if the Stellar Forge sneezes you can end up with odd things in odd places.

So is the suggestion that the previewed "In Game Footage" released to the world on 11th December 2020 is a lie?
Gameplay Reveal Trailer (in case the video above doesn't show up)

It would be very silly to show such footage if it was purely imagination, surely, as it would destroy whatever credibility Frontier have outside of this forum (as it is obvious there are some here who would ask for a second opinion if one of the Devs told them what day it was!)
ETA: This is not pointing any fingers :)

Last edited:
So is the suggestion that the previewed "In Game Footage" released to the world on 11th December 2020 is a lie?

It would be very silly to show such footage if it was purely imagination, surely, as it would destroy whatever credibility Frontier have outside of this forum (as it is obvious there are some here who would ask for a second opinion if one of the Devs told them what day it was!)
ETA: This is not pointing any fingers :)

I don't think it's a lie, it's probably quite accurate. I've just always been a little sceptical about 'gameplay' videos, as I wonder what post processing they've had.. My point was more about the fact we can't land on these planets currently, so the comparison is broken. Also, I've watched the terrain I was flying towards change as I approached it for landing.. Whether the new landable planets are any good or not remains to be seen - although things are looking OK..

Top Bottom