Guide / Tutorial Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

Yes, there is value in this thread. Both to see what is being used, and what I can use. It will tend to be pushed down by all the ranting, but we will come back to it. I think it would help with popularity if the OP was updated with a couplemore sections (else it looks exclusively like a 3D coordinate list). Trade tools, Pilot's Log, Route Planning wold be the first categories I'd suggest.

Edit: Just started browsing some of the links in the thread, and I'm impressed.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Yes, there is value in this thread. Both to see what is being used, and what I can use. It will tend to be pushed down by all the ranting, but we will come back to it. I think it would help with popularity if the OP was updated with a couplemore sections (else it looks exclusively like a 3D coordinate list). Trade tools, Pilot's Log, Route Planning wold be the first categories I'd suggest.

Edit: Just started browsing some of the links in the thread, and I'm impressed.

I'm planning to create categories BUT only if it turns out that its really being used. It takes a lot of time and I've quite a few other threads who need some loving as well. So far I've received very little extra urls and its impossible to find all the goodness out there. I'm probably missing more then half of all the tools - if not more. So for example not a single spreadsheet is in the list and I know there are at least 10+ of them out there. But how do I find them back..... But I have to agree more categories would make it far better ;-(

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer

I think, it looks like the site is down atm. I visited the url yesterday. Perhaps TornSoul is updating the site with the 19938 coordinates we have just received from Michael Brookes for the crowd sourcing coordinates project ;-) I will check the site again this evening...

Edit: Just contacted TornSoul (the author) and he said the following:
"I'm in fact updating the server itself (windows update) - will be a bit up/down for a bit. "

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Point Cloud by TornSoul, the maker of EDStarCoordinator and TGC (The Great Collector). It contains the list of 19833 systems with an economy the crowd source coordinates project today received from Michael Brookes - GREAT gesture by FD. PC is a simple tool but it shows beautifully where the systems which have an economy are positioned in the Galaxy.

TornSoul posted the following in the crowd source project. Source.
And "just because" here are all 19833 systems plotted in interactive 3D.

Axes are 100 LY in each direction from Sol (200LY from tip to tip)

http://edstarcoordinator.com/display.html

Above file is not a serious attempt at displaying - Other commanders have done MUCH better - It's just a quick&dirty visualizer to see what the data we got "looks like".

Interesting to notice is that it seems to sorta/kinda be two overlapping spheres - and a handful or two outliers much further away than the "general mass"

Edit: 20141205. Added to the OP.

Friday 20150424: Tool is in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).
Done by ED3PTT author biobob who created an OP importer - saved LOTS of time.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I was AWOL for a week (holiday, no internet access). Currently in the process of updating the OP. Adding lots of categories. Also the new entries added with a post but which are not in the OP itself will be places there. Have received from a few commanders requests to be put in the OP. COOL. I can't hunt down every new/existing tool out there. With regards to requests: I don't discriminate, each and every request will be put in the OP. So, keep 'm coming.
Once the OP is up to date I will post it here. New entries will FIRST be put in this thread and then (directly) copied to the OP.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Name: EDDL
Author: Slugsie
Description: Diary and Log application.
Source available: No.
Thread: Slugsies ED Diary and Log app
Compatible with Gamma: Yes
Comments: Actively maintained. As of version v0.7.1.0 its possible to upload data to fillth's ED:HeatMap.

Note: Added to the OP.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
"EliteOCR" by user seeebek Thread HERE

"BPC Feeder" by user Lasse B. Post HERE

Perfect. Thanks for the links.
I've added both to the OP.

Note: I left out BPCfeeder as its obsolete now and part of EOCR.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Worked 8+ hours on it today - time to stop. OP is at 80% or so. Still 8+ tools to put in the OP. Some from this thread, some from other data sources.
Hopefully I do the rest tomorrow or on saturday. Have quit a few threads I have to catch up on...

Let me know what you think about the new OP. Any comments/remarks/suggestions are welcomed.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
OK, did bite the bullet and decided to finish updating the OP. Hopefully in 5+ hours its done and its completely up to date.

Edit 1: All posted tools are now in the OP. Still some 6+ left to do from other data sources.
Edit 2: Cleaned up OP further. Still missing tools.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
+1..excellent !

This should be a sticky.

Guess what. It now IS a 'sticky'!!!
Did contact the moderators, they all discussed it AND: "we've decided to stick the thread for the time"
PERFECT. Now wolverine, get on with it and add those last three beauties ;-)

Again, to anyone: If you find a tool, spreadsheet, information which is not on the OP please just post it here AND I will add it to the OP.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Today I want to complete the OP with the 3+ missing tools. Also it will be rearranged a bit. In the past the list was completely alphabetical, got messed up yesterday with all the editing but will be alphabetical again. This to make sure I don't give some how the impression I like a certain tool better then another tool. I DO have preference but that is not something for the OP I think. I also want to add an "updates history" spoiler tag and a small latest updated section.

I'm not totally sure if I should put new entries on the OP and create a post simultaneously OR only update the OP. What do you commanders think? Also if you have suggestions to improve the layout of the OP and/or have suggestions for new categories or renaming existing ones I would like to hear from you. As always new tools are very much appreciated. I can't find them all on my own ;-( Just create a post in the thread and I will add them ASAP to the OP. I don't discriminate, each and every tool mentioned will be put on the OP.

Now that the thread is a sticky (for the time being) I hope it will be easier for commanders (new and seasoned) to find out about all the incredible tools which have been created by those awesome,creative,talented tool authors out there!!! You totally deserve it that others find out about your GEMS.

Last edited:
I'm not totally sure if I should put new entries on the OP and create a post simultaneously OR only update the OP.

The current layout is cool. You could also just link to entries from the OP. So if someone posts a new tool you just link to the post# instead of messing with the layout.

A cool addition might be a list of updates although that might be outdated already with the recent increase and changing nature of the universe. Updates might be another thing that would be cool to automatically collect like trading data.

PS: I wonder if there is a way to maybe add this to the wiki and just copy the rendered page in the WYSIWYG editor? I'm always overthinking things lol.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
The current layout is cool. You could also just link to entries from the OP. So if someone posts a new tool you just link to the post# instead of messing with the layout.

A cool addition might be a list of updates although that might be outdated already with the recent increase and changing nature of the universe. Updates might be another thing that would be cool to automatically collect like trading data.

PS: I wonder if there is a way to maybe add this to the wiki and just copy the rendered page in the WYSIWYG editor? I'm always overthinking things lol.

I intend to make the OP clean, so no links to posts I'm afraid. When I should post new links it will be in the OP format (so a simple copy/paste will do).
An updates feature is planned.
About what wiki are you talking?

Top Bottom