Completely unacceptable amount of bugs

Hopefully he/she has calmed down by now :) I think he/she has misunderstood or is confused about distances between systems with overall distance and thats why don't understand how FSD works.

There has been manny good advices on this thread and people really wants to help, even that you are frustrated and ignore the help that people are trying to give, then at one point you just should be listening. Just saying ;)

EDIT:

What you are confusing is trip length with length of individual jumps.

Sorry! Posted same
notice and didn't remark yours :D

Last edited:
Bugs?? wow. you should've seen the game when it was launched. Today's game is a marvel in programming in comparison. I've been banned from these forums for some of the stuff i've said about this game. I had an 18 month break between PC and PS4. The improvement is mind boggling imho. To their credit, FD do a pretty good job of responding to bug reports and fixing problems with the game. And as I said: i've been a big critic in times gone by.

I have been encountering new bugs lately, not sure if it's post-patch or what. In particular, the UI for station services has been giving me fits in certain sections. Buttons don't highlight (Cancel / Accept), and the other day the services menu would not respond at all, though I could switch between my ship's panels. I had to quit and restart in order to launch.

However, EVERY game has bugs when it's first released, so I try not to be too hard on developers. "Completely unacceptable" is subjective... FDev fixed a bug in their last patch that I (and others) personally reported, and that's what really matters - that they fix what's broken in a timely manner.

If your new to either the forums or ED, then let me bid you welcome. As someone that is still fairly new myself, perhaps about three months new, I do understand the frustration that can come from not knowing, not understanding, or perhaps a bug. But I have asked numerous noobie questions throughout the forums and never been scorned. The key, as I think OP now knows, is not to let your frustration dictate your words. I have a shelf full of games, and many are unfinished simply because I do not have the ability to finish them. Now, that, is frustration.

The learning curves in ED, not counting any real bugs, is steep. Almost as steep as flight simulations. But then the rewards are emmense also. As for bugs, well there probably no game created that did not have them. But I, personally, have faith that the FDevs are or will do their best to correct them. But I suspect it is not an easy task. So to OP or any other new player, hang in there.

And read the forums. There is a whole section with a lot of useful information for new players. Good luck out there and fly safe.

Chief

Not sure exactly how it works but servers are in a variety of sizes and functions and prices. Based on price a sever can do somethings and not others.

Way back in the beginning of pc's there was a company called AOL. Everyone hated the constant issue of being bumpped off line and haveing to get back on only to get bumped off again unless they went on line in the wee hours of the morning. The reason was, there subsicriptions were coming in faster than their severs could handle them. Remedy, get bigger faster servers. Well playing ED, one is mandated to on line server issues. If FDev hasn't increased their servers abilities which isn't free by any means, then there's going to be issues when more and more and more platforms are add which add more and more and more users all demanding server intervention. It's a catch 22, one increase their severs in incriments, the new server can handle more than they have presently, so as to not waste their ability, they sell more subscription, hence now they need more better servers to handle the additonal subscriber's, it will never end. It's a bit like increasing one own pc because the previous is to small or slow to handle the new data. In a year or two, one has to do it again and again etc. It will never end if you want and who doesn't to stay on the fore front.

I've been around since before computers, and for the first 20 years, had no problem keeping up with the technology. But as time passes, the technology comes faster and faster, now it has passed up my own abiliity to keep up and has left me in the dust. Hence I know longer because of the constant expense of upgrading pc's and the various components to that of a simple console which does all of it for me. Changing it every 4 to five years in stead of every year, is a lot less expensive, and doesn't require any more training. Just plug it in, turn on, and click. One device for the entire family although, a lot of families whom have mutiple gamers also have multiple consoles.

I'm waiting for a sandbox game where as in virtual reality I can go to a bar, pick up some young chicky poo and because my avatar looks different, and can perform diffently than my real self, go to a motel and... But even that will be grounds for divorce some day. LOL

OP - this is not a bug. You route failed because some of the star hops to your destination exceed the maximum jump range of your 4E frame shift drive.

You would need to upgrade your frame shift drive to increase your max hop range. Other option is to reduce the mass of your ship (D rated modules are the lightest).

By now the OP probably realises that it was his meagre 8.45Ly range and 4E FSD that was causing routing issues for certain systems.

However since he says:
I have a Cobra MKIII and have purchased all possible upgrades
Is worth noting that not every station will have all modules for sale, so in fact he may have purchased all possible upgrades at that one station, unfortunately that station only had junk FSDs.

OP, you can filter the galaxy map to look for certain economy types, look for high-tech economies with large populations, stations in those systems will have a good range of modules and will *probably* stock the 4A FSD that would make your life a whole lot easier.

I have a Cobra MKIII and have purchased all possible upgrades. The jump range with passengers is 8.45LY.
My Cobra MkIII has a range of about 17LY. Getting the best available Frame Shift Drive helped massively, but also a few other improvements - power distributors, better internal modules, even the quality of hardpoints helped. The point here is that you have to look beyond just the most obvious module to get the best out of your ship.

You're right about the game giving no instruction. I've overlooked a lot of things so far in my two weeks of playing: I made your mistake of plotting routes to places I couldn't jump to, and thinking it was a bug; I've entered space stations after submitting docking requests and got fined, not realising that the request has to be made within a certain distance to gain approval; I raged when I couldn't turn in a passenger mission, before realising that the mission offered commodities as a reward and my cargo hold was already full.

Each of those times I got very frustrated, before realising that, actually, the game was working perfectly according to its rules. It's just a case of learning them, sometimes by trial and error, and the more you learn the more it all starts to fall into place and you begin to expect and anticipate things rather than learning the hard way. If your ship can't do something - like you said in one example, scanning planets efficiently - then there is probably a way to make it do it (buying a module, tweaking other module set-ups, etc.). Just got to get the balance right and be patient; this game punishes the gung-ho, short-cutting approach!

Top Bottom