Concern about marine animals - please be careful

I know a lot of people want whales and dolphins in the game - However - I think it's important that you take this chance to spread some much needed awareness of how much these animals are abused in zoos all over the world. I definitely think you could include these animals as rehabilitation exclusives, meaning you can only have them during campaigns/quests where you get an injured animal and send them back as soon as they're healthy. If you're not going to do this, and are just going to include them as normal animals, please at least make it impossible to make them very happy due to space needs, so players will at least get the message from complaining guests :)

I would like to think that Frontier would do a job of implementing these marine species with sensitivity. Already they have explained that one of the game's key mechanics is a focus on conservation so I do believe that if they were included in the game then this would be done in a way that is similar to how you have suggested OP.

Personally I agree that whales & dolphins aren't suited to captivity, simply due to the space they require to live healthy social lives. Smaller marine creatures I do think could be included as 'normal creatures' though as their habitats in a well designed zoo are suitable for their needs to a certain extent, otherwise they would be unable to breed and be successfully re-introduced to the wild.

Edited to include link: https://www.blog-les-dauphins.com/en/ten-reasons-why-dolphins-shouldnt-be-in-captivity/

Last edited:
I agree about the smaller marine life, I'm just concerned as a lot of people are asking about the larger ones as well :) I did however also get the feeling that they're probably already doing the thing I suggested, but I really want to make sure... It would really be a wasted opportunity and.. quite irresponsible if they didn't. But after all, companies want to make money, and a lot of fans would be disappointed to see those animals excluded.

I got a lot of feedback on my Orca question similar to this; I can see both sides, personally I wouldn't want Orcas or Dolphines within the game cause they don't suit captivity. However its a video game no animals are getting harmed, And PZ could use this platform to raise awareness and knowledge of the animal within captivity.

Deleted member 110222

D
I think it's easiest for Frontier to simply not include whales.

Yes, since it is a game I see no harm in having them and it could definitely help raise awareness of these animals by adding them too! I love Orcas and Dolphins and would hate to see them excluded just because of real life issues we have going on with many of them being in captivity. They were in other zoo games so I see no reason to leave them out. They are beautiful.

Deleted member 110222

D
Yes, since it is a game I see no harm in having them and it could definitely help raise awareness of these animals by adding them too! I love Orcas and Dolphins and would hate to see them excluded just because of real life issues we have going on with many of them being in captivity. They were in other zoo games so I see no reason to leave them out. They are beautiful.
Yes, they are indeed beautiful. In the open ocean.

Certain Animals can't be reintroduced to the wild after rescue Though for Example Dolphin and some Manatees that got Hurt from Boats if they do it would be like a Death Sentence for them Sea world Does a Fantastic Job with their rehabilitation Program and does have some amazing Exhibits for them to learn about how to keep the trash and Fishing lines out of the Ocean but if the Local Government After the 3rd time it gets Beached or can't live on its own then they have to stay in the Park . But since this is a game i do hope we do get a Marine DLC and i do hope they have a tracker for Rehabilitated Animals like Sea world.

You're making the problem bigger... Let them do it like Zoo Tycoon 2. I think they should make a deal with seaworld because I think seaworld is really being wronged on some issues. I want the Orca shows in the game. So the problem is blackfish? These animals were here before the Blackfish came out, and I think everyone in the blackfish documentary is a liar. Or is problem it PETA? Did you know that 99% of the animals in Peta's shelters are dead? So please don't ignore things. I would do anything to add orca shows in the game. But they can also focus on protection. I don't think it will be a problem if they don't put Orca shows in the forefront, and most importantly, it's a video game. As a result, I would like to have Orca shows in the game, but how? If you do a lot of shows in the game, animals are hungry, if you do not show the necessary interest will come to a fine and will encourage you to take good care of killer whales. I wish you could help me find ideas like this. I'd say more, but it would be wrong to compare it to real life, thinking it's a video game. They can the perform their Orca shows as a separate DLC, thus satisfying both sides.

Everything we can do in this game is unlimited! In the game we can offer the killer whales what they want. And we can do the best we can to them.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I do think it could be an educational opportunity. There are many other animals not suited to captivity that are still widely accepted by the public as being ok to being in zoos not to mention animals that could do with bigger enclosures. Perhaps they could offer something different, like some kind of orca educational experience without the creatures, or as said above to care for an orca that has been kept in captivity and cannot be placed in the wild ( with a story around it for educational purposes). Or a sick orca that has been taken from the ocean for care until release. There are nice ways to do it.

frontier should make a statement or make a poll by pulling this job into politics and bi decision should both sides be silent. I want the Orca shows in the game and I'm going to stand behind it until the end. How many years have I been waiting for this moment... We all know about Gta? In a game like Gta, there's a lot of rudeness and immorality. Is it wrong to have killer whale in planet zoo?

Then they have to find something that will make both sides happy in the game. For example, there may be a section in the game about protecting orca in the game, but there should also be orca shows. If they don't make it. there seems to be no other way because the two sides are behind their decisions.

Last edited:
There's no point in comparing with GTA, as that game has the sole purpose to upset, make controversy, and question every action in the game. And it also has a very different age rating.

Planet Zoo will not be that kind of game. So IMO there is no point in comparing those games.

*this is off-topic and has nothing to do with my personal opinion about killer whales/dolphins in Zoo's which I will not repeat here as I already did in other threads.

Top Bottom