"Console development continues behind the scenes with an Autumn release still on schedule"

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Is this a game of Cluedo? Was it miss scarlet on Twitch with the keyboard? I`m bored now, personal opinions of content creators are irrelevant as I eluded to a while ago.
I've failed. No idea who it is.

I even looked on the featured streamers page. I'd still need to guess.

Last edited:
Well Im certainly not promoting them, just answered the deviating question about what promoting meant is all, still leaves the question of why they were promoted at all over others who promote the game in all formats and don't discriminate against Console players or rubbish the game constantly.

Still its an XB LS tonight so we may get some news about something about Consoles.

still leaves the question of why they were promoted at all over others who promote the game in all formats and don't discriminate against Console players or rubbish the game constantly.

I dunno, poor judgement perhaps?

Im not sure if anyone cares or why it really matters. If you think it does matter, I`d have to question your priorities.

Still its an XB LS tonight so we may get some news about something about Consoles.
Or perhaps we may get a couple of awkward-looking CM`s who realise they have unwittingly attracted a whole bunch of unwanted attention to the console question just because Arf wanted to play on his Xbox.

Now that would be entertaining

After playing the Alpha, I've arrived at the opinion that the delay isn't such a bad thing anymore.

I would prefer (love) some QoL updates, and maybe a new ship sooner than later however.

After playing the Alpha, I've arrived at the opinion that the delay isn't such a bad thing anymore.

I would prefer (love) some QoL updates, and maybe a new ship sooner than later however.
While I have the same desires I seriously doubt much is going to change for the better on console.
I do suspect there will be lots of differences between PS4/xbox one early consoles compared to PS5/Xbox series x for graphics and other experiences.

The BIGGEST change that they have to figure out is button mapping for consoles because unlike PC we can’t just keep adding buttons int he menu. There are only so many combinations available and with no HOTAS+Gamepad support this puts consoles in a predicament.

I love your optimism! Ask away but, don't spam the same question a million times (ok lots) or it will probably get moderated.

I very carefully worded it to say 'some news about something about Consoles' which I thought was minimal lol :)

I for one am not expecting anything major at all but they could knock me off my chair, Im just glad they are actually doing a Console LS and hope it continues. Arthur on his XB acct set up a group page saying he wants to get a regular group together possibly weekly but dont know if thats newish or years old as only looked last week but anything regular could be fun (CQC especially for those achievements and that rank) Even better if its official and streamed to get publicity.

And I generally dont ask in chat, dont think Ive spoken at all ever, as a Raxxla hunter nothing does my head in more than the 'Where is Raxxla?' type spammed all the time so no worries about spam from me, I generally prefer to see what they have prepped to say and dont interrupt. My friend worded a very carefully written polite question the other week and got auto-moderated due to 2 !! by accident, I lmao at that one, called him an aggressive spammer for days. Luckily a mod got in touch during the LS and told him why he got moderated coz he thought hed been deleted coz of the genuine question and was right annoyed at being 'censored' by Frontier until he found out why.

The BIGGEST change that they have to figure out is button mapping for consoles because unlike PC we can’t just keep adding buttons int he menu. There are only so many combinations available and with no HOTAS+Gamepad support this puts consoles in a predicament.

Same as always though unless they have introduced a ton of new commands, we just have to choose what our priorities are. Surely 'Fire Main, Fire Secondary, Reload, Throw, Crouch / Stand, 'Action' / interact, Lights / NV' are pretty much all we need hot buttons for plus movement on sticks, what else is there? I havent watched any EDO FPS stuff though and now you have me wondering...unless theres no dual and triple-binding but they wouldnt do that would they, they dont now for SLF/SRV & Ship buttons?

I very carefully worded it to say 'some news about something about Consoles' which I thought was minimal lol :)

I for one am not expecting anything major at all but they could knock me off my chair, Im just glad they are actually doing a Console LS and hope it continues. Arthur on his XB acct set up a group page saying he wants to get a regular group together possibly weekly but dont know if thats newish or years old as only looked last week but anything regular could be fun (CQC especially for those achievements and that rank) Even better if its official and streamed to get publicity.

And I generally dont ask in chat, dont think Ive spoken at all ever, as a Raxxla hunter nothing does my head in more than the 'Where is Raxxla?' type spammed all the time so no worries about spam from me, I generally prefer to see what they have prepped to say and dont interrupt. My friend worded a very carefully written polite question the other week and got auto-moderated due to 2 !! by accident, I lmao at that one, called him an aggressive spammer for days. Luckily a mod got in touch during the LS and told him why he got moderated coz he thought hed been deleted coz of the genuine question and was right annoyed at being 'censored' by Frontier until he found out why.

Same as always though unless they have introduced a ton of new commands, we just have to choose what our priorities are. Surely 'Fire Main, Fire Secondary, Reload, Throw, Crouch / Stand, 'Action' / interact, Lights / NV' are pretty much all we need hot buttons for plus movement on sticks, what else is there? I havent watched any EDO FPS stuff though and now you have me wondering...unless theres no dual and triple-binding but they wouldnt do that would they, they dont now for SLF/SRV & Ship buttons?
.Oh there are A LOT more controls needed for Alpha.
I’m not even being dramatic…the on foot experience required me to set new keybinds for PC. I was not able to play it with only a gamepad due to limitations.

I later learned there were keybinds in another section I had overlooked so…they have some work to do there. PC doesn’t allow me to have the same keybinds so I actually prefer xbox IF they continue to build out these additional needed button presses.

given the tiny installed base of the Series X|S, it doesn't really make sense to support only that hardware.
Eh, Bloober Team turned a profit on The Medium in the first week, so making it for PC and the current generation of consoles is more a balancing act of how much do you expend on scaling it to lower end hardware and still having it run. If it's too much work to get it running on last-gen, then you don't.

Or you pull a CDPR and release it anyway, then start patching it with stuff like having it JUST NOT RENDER HALF THE ENVIRONMENT to manage a reasonable framerate.

Last edited:
Still, having seen the state of the alpha, I'm quite glad that we will be getting the 1.0 version of the Odyssey client at launch on consoles, once PC users have finished their several months long beta period with all its associated nightmares.
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race QA Department!

Last edited:

I love your optimism!

OK you were right lol they managed to limbo right under the low bar I set

No a nice chilled stream. Tbh it already looks great on Xbox Series X. You guys have it good. I'll go back and cry playing in blurry 1080p on my PS5.

Im still on XBone but luckily my blurry eyes didnt notice much difference on my rubbish laptop so I can wait for the Series to have a sale (I dont even know anything about my XB specs)

Top Bottom