"Console development continues behind the scenes with an Autumn release still on schedule"

I wish you guys would stop saying only scalpers or people who pay over the odds can get PS5s or XSXs. I paid retail for mine after launch.

Just sign up to twitter deal accounts or other deal alert accounts if you are serious about obtaining one of the new consoles. It's not as hard as some would have you believe. Not as easy as walking into a high street store. I accept.

I've would have been able to buy a further 2 PS5s should I have wanted to just from twitter alone not really being that primed and on the ball here in the UK.

Well, not everyone lives in UK.
The only new console available here in the stores is XB Series S.
And i would have settled for an S, IF it had a Blu-ray disk - because on my XB One S i play only one game, that is ED, but i also use it as a Blu-ray player

Scalpers have had like 10 to 15% of the PS5 stock at last estimates. That's still 6.8m legitimate PS5s growing monthly at a faster take up rate than PS4

That's not monthly. That's 6 millions in 7 months.
Still a drop in the ocean of PS4 and XB1 out there.

And i doubt that only 10-15% of the new consoles are gotten by the scalpers. I highly doubt that.
People will not get as fussed about it, if it was only 10%

Logic doesn't hold, and I will not even try to explain why, do your own homework.

Care to share where you got those numbers or that's what you think? Because if it is so, it's not valid enough.

No numbers are valid enough
Logic doesn't hold, and I will not even try to explain why, do your own homework.

i did.
The market for XB1 and PS4 is vastly superior to the one offered by PS5 and XB series. For the moment. By the end of next year, thing might change - assuming the new consoles will be available in stores.

Not to mention that since ED is an XB1/PS4 title they are obliged to launch the DLC for this platform.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
It's June indeed.
And the new Consoles launched in last November, 7 months ago, but "Launch" is a figure of speech since they're still not available in the stores, but only in the scalpers deposits.
So indeed, they don't prioritize a native version on new consoles.

Why should they prioritize the new consoles?
They have their hands full trying to bring EDO to a market of more than 120 millions of PS4 and more than 50 millions of XB One.

And no, ED on consoles is not dead.
As we all know they are launching EDO on PS4 and XB1 - the native platforms for the base game - in this Autumn.
Then i'm pretty sure they will dish out a native version for PS5 and XB series as well after that launch (and the subsequent patches) is out of the way.

You are simply bitter, for 8 months already, because they didn't please you with a native PS5/XBS version the moment the new consoles "Launched"

Odyssey has been in development for 3 years - will be more when it releases. They have had no plans for current-gen in that 3-4 year development period, it's not even been on the radar.

Let's put a view of perspective and planning into this discussion, though.

In Red: The potential market for Odyssey on current gen PS5 at release. Let's for arguments sake double it to include XSX/S. Estimate: 40 million.
In Blue: The potential market for Odyssey on current gen PS5 at the end of the current development cycle (i.e, that for which there are plans for). Let's double for XSX/S. Estimate: 80 million

1624971914822.png

"Why should they prioritize the new consoles?"

^ That's why...

Last edited:
Well, not everyone lives in UK.
The only new console available here in the stores is XB Series S.
And i would have settled for an S, IF it had a Blu-ray disk - because on my XB One S i play only one game, that is ED, but i also use it as a Blu-ray player

Now it becomes clear why you're so intent on pretending native current-gen is not important.

No they're not. There's no obligation at all :D

Yes, since you own FD you know that better :D

On a more serious note - EDO it's a DLC for ED.
They cannot release EDO, as DLC for current consoles only.

Anyway, it is obvious that a native version is not a priority for FD.
And i pointed out a few reasons for that (EDO launch on PC and XB1/PS4 and the market offered by the new consoles is not big enough to make it worth to reshuffle the priorities)

And no, 50 peoples chest thumping their entitlement on the forums will not make native version a priority. Did i said 50? more like 5 to be honest.

Now, dont get me wrong, I want a native version as much as the most vocals here, but i'm also realistic and reasonable and i wont lose my sleep over something i have no control.
( no, i will play EDO on PC 😂 )

le sigh.

wasn't what I was hoping for tbh. this in particular caught my eye
Future Progress: The Longer Roadmap

As mentioned in our previous post, our aim was to focus on the initial set of updates and then turn our attention back onto console. There’s no doubt that the additional development work on these updates and community requests pose a challenge on our previous plans and timelines. We are actively investigating, reviewing, and remeasuring the further roadmap but these things will take a little time. We understand that this may not be as much information as people may have wished for, but we hope that the open and transparent nature of this update means that you’ll bear with us while we pull those together. What we can say, is that through these monthly updates, we will be able to share and keep you informed every step of the way.

It reads to me like there will be additional delays on the expected console launch of "Autumn", probably for the best if it means we don't get a PC type launch

no mention of the issues consoles have seen since Odyssey's launch (are connection issues/blue tunnels/orange sidewinders still a thing?)

heyho, I've just completed Mass Effect 1 & 2 and have started the 3rd, have now D/L'd ME Andromeda and will give Cyberpunk a crack

o7

I mean we got one word "console", I mean that's an improvement on the last few months........genuinely so frustrated. Watching livestream after livestream just hoping fingers crossed that there maybe a bit of related info especially after the commitment to be more transparent and now most likely a delay fantastic I've had better communication with my ex's :LOL:. Time out need a break from this.......

FDev: "Console development continues behind the scenes with an Autumn release still on schedule"

Also FDev: "our aim was to focus on the initial set of updates and then turn our attention back onto console. There’s no doubt that the additional development work on these updates and community requests pose a challenge on our previous plans and timelines"

So, console development does not continue behind the scenes.

Expect a delay to console launch. I'm seeing ... the phrase.... "Q1 2022"

I had set my sights at Feb 2022 as I didn't think I would be disappointed as it gave a few extra months . However it seems that this may be the case so I will push back to Autumn 2022 .

so, a bit of console news in last nights stream and a potential slip up from Bruce:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pafo8gmedac

go to 18:25, talks about the current release date still being autumn but then mentions we will get a beta
arf seems a bit taken aback by this and takes back over

19:05 its then stated that beta is not confirmed but its one of the things they know the community has asked

other titbit was even though it's an autumn release it will only be released when it's ready. potential foundations of a delay?

Top Bottom