Console Update

I like No Man's Sky as much as the next person, but as a console player, I cannot begin to express how much I'd rather VR Elite.

My point of contention for making the transition to PC (besides the fact that I don't own a gaming PC), is the obscene amounts of time and effort I've put into Elite on my Playstation account. I really don't want to have to start over from scratch.

If Frontier can figure a way to transfer all of my achievements to PC, I'll gladly make that transition for sure, finally invest in that VR set, and continue to support the game.
I'll keep an eye out for announcements regarding transfers.

If not, well--

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Frontier can turn this into an opportunity to do something positive and grant Console players a free and complete transfer to PC if they want, and a coupon for an Odyssey discount at this point, honestly. That seems fair, given that this has been in limbo for close to a year now.

you have let down every single console player that supported this game, spent money on your store and put time into this game. Not everyone that plays on console can afford to buy a PC so with this news you have lost a lot of support. Will never by into another frontier product ever again as all you ever did was lie to the community.
This. Although not a console player, this is how I feel. If FDev must choose rationally, then that's the way for me, too.

My 5 cents on the subject: Elite has always been Frontier's flagship.
If David Braben didn't love it anymore, it would be gone.
Economically, it's a money sink. So why invest money?
We have to take what we can or go home.
Agreed, though Elite historically has been an earner for the company and once the dust settles will continue to be.

This decision is a mix of bad decisions in the past! Poor or no expectation management, commucation done with a level of distance of the player base never seen before, launch of an incomplete game making the entire company to work to fix bugs or performance, or patches of patches for more than a year!
All that defined and directed by 2 people with a EGO bigger than the capacity to the deliver their vision.

Sad news to all console players, that does not matter if it is a big or small community, but has supported the game and has been waiting to receive something that Frontier indeed promised publicaly.

Let´s wait for the next financial report and see how long David will be able to continue with this dream (adventure)

Hope that Starfield will be able to replace Elite Dangerous!!!

I like No Man's Sky as much as the next person, but as a console player, I cannot begin to express how much I'd rather VR Elite.

My point of contention for making the transition to PC (besides the fact that I don't own a gaming PC), is the obscene amounts of time and effort I've put into Elite on my Playstation account. I really don't want to have to start over from scratch.

If Frontier can figure a way to transfer all of my achievements to PC, I'll gladly make that transition for sure, finally invest in that VR set, and continue to support the game.
I'll keep an eye out for announcements regarding transfers.
be wary of getting a vr hmd purely for elite. Mac support is gone, console support is gone , VR support is hanging on with partial support but you could be jumping from one dying platform to another.
(there are plenty of reasons to own VR mind you just don't make elite the main one).

the fact there is no intention of elite coming to PS5 imo could be equally telling. I hope I am wrong but they may not see the worth in developing for ps5 because they are not really planning on developing much more for pc. should that happen I just hope for ED2 then maybe it all starts again?

Console players: I'm sorry. I truly am. That was a long wait with lots of hopeful words put out that sort of extended the pain. I first played on XBox before there was Horizons. Couldn't get going with a game-pad for this kind of game and gave it up till I returned on PC with HOTAS. I really hope a method to convert those that are willing to keep playing on PC is found as well as a transfer of game license or at least discount.

That said, I think the writing was on the wall after 10 updates and no console launch. There just was no way it was going to run on the legacy hardware in a way that anyone would find decent. Many of us with high-end hardware are still feeling the hurt when anything is done on foot, though it has improved a great deal. The optimist in me hopes this allows better and more focused development. The realist says it's not great news when companies keep axing platforms they used to support.

I will just use Flight Sim as the example ... You dont really need to give any other. If I can play that on my Xbox Series X (which I can easily) there is literally no reason why I can't with ED.

Even if you play on PC and this doesn't affect you, you should be damn angry how Frontier are treating their customers.
I said they were treating there customer arrogantly and this proves it.

How does Fdev not have a plan in place for full account transfers? If you need to take our cosmetics but leave us our rank, engineering, ships, gear, etc.

Show us you actually respect the players time and money spent on console if you want us to buy on PC or ever touch an Fdev product again.
Perhaps there are 'issues' with Sony (possibly Microsoft too) over the 'financial loss' they would face if many PS4 accounts were removed to PC?

Back
Top Bottom