News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

Was glad to take part. Seeing as I got work the next few days during the stream times. So I will submit questions (including one I asked)

1. With the Chieftain not having a rank attached to it; are we going to either reduce the needed time spent ranking with the Fed and/or Imp Navies or removing that altogether? An increased ranking ability would be good I think. (My second question ties into this regarding rewards.)

2. Mission Rewards rework and related. This was partially answered in the Wing Missions section of the stream. Curious if we will see this in regular solo missions?

3. This is based on my experiences in game on Xbox and relates to C&P. I've had planetary scan jobs where I was told to scan and fix something only to not only find it in a Red Box area but getting a bounty for the star system and a few nearby stars. This is kind of annoying as I find these missions pay rather well. Can we address this portion of the Missions and C&P?

These are all the questions I can think up right now and hope to see answers later on.

Last edited:
What would now be considered friendly fire will merely get you a fine for reckless discharge, while a full-on assault bounty requires a lot more effort on your part. Outside of edge cases, you should really only get bounties if you are actually trying to game the generous friendly fire tolerances.

I was thinking of the case, which has happened several times, were I am already firing and a npc simply flies in from the side across the beams and is destroyed - due to already being low on health, I imagine - rather than simply hit. Not reckless. Not under my control. Not my fault. Unavoidable.

I was thinking of the case, which has happened several times, were I am already firing and a npc simply flies in from the side across the beams and is destroyed - due to already being low on health, I imagine - rather than simply hit. Not reckless. Not under my control. Not my fault. Unavoidable.

CMDR,

Please Google 'Situational Awareness' and 'Trigger Discipline'.

Good luck and see you in the black.

Toffs
( '-')7

I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?

Hopefully Not. Depends on what it means by "brought to justice".. Cashing in a bounty on a destroyed hot ship instead of death perhaps?
Nothing will stop people doing that but the time and effort to build a modded ship only to have it destroyed by a mate on purpose with no transfer of cash, will certainly sting.

Also I wonder if the bounties or notoriety level of a player decreases over time of "being good" like other games..? Especially for the small or accidental transgressions as suggested above.. although they do mention that the heavy stuff only happens after sustained offences.

And how they will deal with the sidewinder suicide stuff that happens around CG stations..?

Rest looks good!

Last edited:
I can see it bringing a lot more skill to the game as it will be more economical to gank in a stock, cheap ship than a modded death machine (for those who simply must gank.) Which is a desirable outcome!

Good summary of the stream. I was at work so I missed it but I'm about to watch it now. Everything sounds pretty good honestly, looking forward to testing it in the beta.

Now, can Thursday come early? Planetary improvements, COME ON DOWN!!!! [yesnod]

The Top 5 bounty boards are an important tool for BGS and powerplay. Will we still be able to see the names of players on the bounty boards even though their crimes are logged on their ships? Also, if you're committing powerplay crimes and you're getting powerplay bounties placed on you rather than the local jurisdiction's bounties, is there a way powerplay commanders will be able to see the names of the players with the most bounties in systems of interest? If a key system of your power is being undermined by enemy commanders, you would want to know whether you're being undermined and by whom.

Nice recap, thanks!

Wasn't it mentioned that the tolerance for friendly fire will be upped a bit too?

I am thinking: switch to a clean Sidewinder after a long day of ganking noobs, and get your mates to blow you up until your notoriety is gone?

I don't think it's a kibitz at all. It's a legitimate concern that needed to be raised.

After all, we know that happy little puppies with a penchant for cheating will certainly take advantage of this should the opportunity arise to do so.
The way I understood it (based on the stream and this recap) is that it will depend whether you were "brought to justice" or not, which I interpreted as being synonymous with being sent to a detention centre. So that gives two scenarios here:
1 - You get blown up in your cheap Sidewinder. In this case you don't have a bunch of crimes attached to that ship, so there's no punishment, and no drop in notoriety.
2 - You get blown up (by your mates) in your expensive murder Corvette. In this case, have your mates really done you a favour? You'll get a drop in notoriety, sure, but you'll also have a big rebuy cost, a trip to a detention centre, and you'll be forced to pay all of your bounties. Oh, and your mate also gets to pay for some of your rebuy cost too, as a little thank you for the "favour". Not exactly motivational. [big grin]

I guess FD need to consider what happens if you're blown up in a cheap Sidewinder that has a *small* amount of crime attached (relative to your other fleet of expensive murder ships). In this case, I'd *hope* that your notoriety value is also only reduced by a small amount. Otherwise, yeah, there's a potential loophole there.

Last edited:
Honestly, suicide ramming trolls can be avoided by simply not speeding and watching smugly as they explode on your hull. Speeding Kills, people.

That does not even work. I was not speeding (in maia) at Ob Orbital and he just rams me flies off and rams me again and then starts shooting me. of course im in my Super hulled Type-10 so it got me down to 30% before I landed but the station did not do anything until after he took me down to 30%. If i was a smaller ship i would of been dead

Deleted member 115407

D
So, with wing missions, can you confirm or deny the following?

A single CMDR can be the holder of only one wing mission at any given time?

A single CMDR can be the holder of multiple wing missions, but may only wing-share one at a time?

So, with wing missions, can you confirm or deny the following?

A single CMDR can be the holder of only one wing mission at any given time?

A single CMDR can be the holder of multiple wing missions, but may only wing-share one at a time?

A CMDR without a wing can own the mission. you can have as many missions as you can stack iirc.

Some minor, but nevertheless important points about the ATR.

- I like the designation ATR. Sandro mentioned some fancy names per faction for the ATR, but I think ATR (Advanced Tactical Response) as such is a very strong name. Don't change it. Just call them Imperial, Federal, Alliance, Independent ATR respectively.

- Please make the ATR ships look special. Give them cool imposing, unique paint jobs. Jetblack with a few blood red stripes for example. Or when imperial: white with blood red stripes. Or when alliance perhaps dark blue with red stripes. Or grey with red stripes for independent. And let them have a unique ATR decal.

- You might also add some special ATR stations. They could be unique outpost sized fortresses, heavily armed. Make ATR a thing. Really integrate them into the ED universe. Do not just let them be some kind of out of the blue Deus Ex Machina.

- Make it possible for those who are not criminally inclined to catch glimpses of an ATR patrol near stations, or when they enter or exit stations etc. Just for effect, atmosphere... world building.

Last edited:
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty.

Can someone explain why is that? ... Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?

Top Bottom