News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

For the purposes of Ship Bounties, will Ship IDs be used in the UI to refer to the player's exact ship with the bounty on it?

Will Ship Bounties be viewable (size, originating faction) in the Shipyard?

I get that the internal ship ID is unworkable in the UI, and the player-settable one is non-unique, but it would be cosmetically appealing to use the player-settable Ship ID in UIs as if it were a unique UI, instead of showing ships anonymously on bounty/detention facility/rebuy screens.

RE the destruction of NPCs increasing your Notoriety

Surely in gameplay elements like this you want to be able to fight off these security forces without your Notoriety going up?

They very specifically demonstrated Ed killing NPCs and his Notoriety was going up.

They very specifically demonstrated Ed killing NPCs and his Notoriety was going up.

Thanks!

Thats a two edge sword then IMHO.

While for general play it makes sense, where we have these supposed new mini-game elements appearing offering combat gameplay - eg: Mega ship heists? - then assuming it's good fun, you'll soon end up with a huge rebuy surely? Purely for taking part in PvE related content? Therefore detering you from doing it? Is that the desired outcome?

ps: Won't it be funny if even thinks like skimmers increase Notoriety too?

Thanks!

While for general play it makes sense, where we have these supposed new mini-game elements appearing offering combat gameplay - eg: Mega ship heists? - then assuming it's good fun, you'll soon end up with a huge rebuy surely? Purely for taking part in PvE related content? Therefore detering you from doing it? Is that the desired outcome?

They were talking about things like having one CMDR hack the security system (disabling the guns, for example) while another cracked the cargo hatch, and others scoop the cargo...if you work as a team, you might be able to get out without killing any cops, and notoriety is for murderers.

Thanks!

There will likely be a limit to notoriety. Also, I would think that the best way to do this is to kill as few ships as possible (that is the only way notoriety goes up is with murder). So be as "clean" as possible while doing your heist. But you keep murdering people, you pay the consequences.

They were talking about things like having one CMDR hack the security system (disabling the guns, for example) while another cracked the cargo hatch, and others scoop the cargo...if you work as a team, you might be able to get out without killing any cops, and notoriety is for murderers.

There will likely be a limit to notoriety. Also, I would think that the best way to do this is to kill as few ships as possible (that is the only way notoriety goes up is with murder). So be as "clean" as possible while doing your heist. But you keep murdering people, you pay the consequences.

Yes, you might be able to do it with no kills, BUT, if some people enjoy fighting (NPCs) is the game potentially penalising (stopping) that type of gameplay due to a new mechanic back firing in this area?

eg: In the past I've suggested missions for PvP related gameplay even allow illegal destruction with the mission itself offering to clear up the murder so the CMDR is not held accountable.

Might it not be more appealling if a multi-crew missions to go and steal something from a Megaship offers to cover up any illegal destructions at least. So you could play the mission however you like, and you might come out with a bounty, but not an increase in Notoriety?

Yes, you might be able to do it with no kills, BUT, if some people enjoy fighting (NPCs) is the game potentially penalising (stopping) that type of gameplay due to a new mechanic back firing in this area?

eg: In the past I've suggested missions for PvP related gameplay even allow illegal destruction with the mission itself offering to clear up the murder so the CMDR is not held accountable.

Might it not be more appealling if a multi-crew missions to go and steal something from a Megaship offers to cover up any illegal destructions at least. So you could play the mission however you like, and you might come out with a bounty, but not an increase in Notoriety?

Possibly, maybe even cover up the bounty too, I have nothing against it, but there should be a cost involved to cover it up, maybe lessen the reward as you are asking them to cover up the bounty/notoriety, maybe have it with different rewards we will be getting at the end of the missions. It isn't in now, but could be in the future. It would also be a useful mechanic for doing BGS stuff that is technically illegal (assasinations etc).

Last edited:
Possibly, maybe even cover up the bounty too, I have nothing against it, but there should be a cost involved to cover it up, maybe lessen the reward as you are asking them to cover up the bounty/notoriety, maybe have it with different rewards we will be getting at the end of the missions. It isn't in now, but could be in the future. It would also be a useful mechanic for doing BGS stuff that is technically illegal (assasinations etc).

Yes, you've actually brought up there an even clearer cut example of the issue! Assassination Missions! I'm going to raise that as a dedicated thread if only to highlight this matter! You get 17 points for that!

Hello commanders!

We've added the questions (and answers), which we could answer, here. A huge thanks to the team for providing their insights for your questions.

We will post questions (and answers) taken from last night's livestream at the start of next week.

Happy reading!

Thanks Will that rocks! Have a nice weekend.

I just read the Q&A in the second post. It just goes to show how a seemingly simple player request in, 'can we have wing missions please!' has a minefield of considerations, problems and design decisions. Kudos to devs for all the hard work. And Will!

Last edited:
im asking for a rather simple thing that FDev has totally ignored, even with the answers to the questions:

Missions + Multicrew

I can't get why my NPC pilot leeches 9% of all of my income before it hits my wallet (so not counting towards my exploration or trade rank, nor community goals)
but then, when i multicrew with real player, they get ZERO from anything beside bounties, bonds or fines - and eventually a 5% trade interest because that carried somehow over from the wing mechanic

now - wing missions may help there, but a gunner does not increase your firepower as much as a second ship in wing (if at all), and of course, they do not increase the cargo hold.
and the crew has no access to the station services, so taking multiple wing missions at once only works if the crew takes a mission before joining.

whats so hard to implement the very same "interest" mechanic for ANY form of income the HELM has when in multicrew as for for trading income?
you can still use the rank difference as base for the interest.

those interests would then should also count towards comminity goals!

/rant over.

wing missions as the are proposed:

i dont like that someone who disconnects from the wing mission leader for any reason, instantly has to face having a full cargo of stolen goods,
especially not under the premise of the new C+P rules.
and not after the disastrous multicrew griefing possibilities.

anyone with mission cargo in his hold, should instantly get an delivery mission offer from two minor factions for delivery -> the original contractor, and the rival. depending on the choice, the cargo turns stolen or legal

• choose orignial contractor:
    • cargo stays legal
    • you get the share of the mission reward according the cargo you have hauled up to the moment + the one you deliver
    • the original wing mission leader can reinvite you for full reward if he has not prematurely finished it
  • choose rival contractor:
    • you get better mission reward for the worth of the cargo you still have, but what you have previously hauled for the original mission of course doesnt count in
    • cargo turns stolen
    • you can't be reinvited by the original mission leader, and he and his wing is allowed to hunt you down legally
both possibilities also applay to anyone who steals mission cargo via piracy ;)

Kill Warrant Scanner will reveal the single largest bounty- Can someone explain why is that? Isn't the point of KWS to 'reveal' ALL sins of particular NPC or CMDR across all jurisdictions in the bubble and potentially get a huge variable list of bounties when criminal is destroyed?

The way the KWS worked was incompatible with the new crime system, which is why it had to change it.

Wait ... what!? When I use the KWS, a lot of the time the additional bounties it reveals are lower than the primary bounty revealed by my basic sensors. The main reason for using the KWS is to be able to collect all these extra bounties in addition to the main one. Are you saying this will no longer happen? I don't want to overreact but you may have just ruined the KWS.

I love how fdev kept saying they are not trying to attack pvpers... but thats exacly what they are doing. Making hot modules and hot ships is ok but whats not ok is you cannot ship transfer or transfer modules when its is hot. PVPER's will not be able to transfer their combat ships. Understandable if the ship is stuck in a system that has you caught...but not being able to transfer at all is gonna ruin pvp as a whole.

I love how fdev kept saying they are not trying to attack pvpers... but thats exacly what they are doing. Making hot modules and hot ships is ok but whats not ok is you cannot ship transfer or transfer modules when its is hot. PVPER's will not be able to transfer their combat ships. Understandable if the ship is stuck in a system that has you caught...but not being able to transfer at all is gonna ruin pvp as a whole.

I'm guessing anarchy systems are about to become a lot more dangerous.

maybe so. if thats the case then my question is can you transfer hot ships and modules from a non anarchy to an anarchy or the other way around?

As per the questionnaire:

Will you be able to transfer ships around anarchy systems if they're 'hot'?
A hot ship can be transferred to any location where it is not wanted. Since anarchies do not recognize crimes, you are always able to transfer hot ships to them.

IS there going to be a factor that will deploy ATR ships at a higher chance against PVP criminals as opposed to PVE criminality?
I like the idea of discouraging the bad play/sports but I am not too keen on how it will affect the crime play of the game when using the BGS.
It seems a tad too harsh for PVE criminal play for BGS influence, considering, that attacking authority ships is already challenging when they are Elite or in a wing.

Last edited:
IS there going to be a factor that will deploy ATR ships at a higher chance against PVP criminals as opposed to PVE criminality?
I like the idea of discouraging the bad play/sports but I am not too keen on how it will affect the crime play of the game when using the BGS.
It seems a tad too harsh for PVE criminal play for BGS influence, considering, that attacking authority ships is already challenging when they are Elite or in a wing.

lol, you say the exact oppositte of what the DEV stated that is their observation:
from their perspective, its currently far to easy to kill the regular police forces with engineered ships.
and thats no "feeling" they have, thats what their observe.

Top Bottom