Correcting some misinformation about unlocking Terra Velasquez

At the end of an existing issue you should find a button to open a ticket
Hmm, thanks but I'm unable to find it.
1654100165395.png
Do you get a button at the bottom of that one?
Or you could just do a few heists....
Well, I'm really not sure where you're going with that. If I've already done more than enough, how many more is enough? There is apparently a bug which means that "some" missions don't get matched against the engineer unlock (I've seen various mentions this but not sure any were definitive or were actually posted by FD staff). So I could get lucky and 1 more could do the trick, or unlucky and do another 10 with no joy...
[Edit: on reading a little more of this thread I realise you meant heists rather than thefts; in fact I've done a mixture of the two. Worse still, I need to go back and look at how many of them came after the fupping referral, cos (awesome, huh?) that seems to be a magical hidden requirement, argh and #@%&$#]

Last edited:
Worse still, I need to go back and look at how many of them came after the fupping referral, cos (awesome, huh?) that seems to be a magical hidden requirement, argh and #@%&$#
Checked and I reckon only 4 of my covert heist/theft missions came after I got the referral for Terra. Gosh Darn It.
Is there a definitive source for the belief (mentioned above) that the missions don't count until after the referral? If so, I guess I need to do more...

However, I may still need to contact Support, because only 1 of the 4 has the magic word "Production" (in the "Mission On Foot Production Heist Covert MB" bit of the journal entry). Again, I'm wondering if it's now "official" that the non-Production missions (the ones which show in the UI as "Covert Theft") are bugged?

Hmm, thanks but I'm unable to find it.
Do you get a button at the bottom of that one?

Well, I'm really not sure where you're going with that. If I've already done more than enough, how many more is enough? There is apparently a bug which means that "some" missions don't get matched against the engineer unlock (I've seen various mentions this but not sure any were definitive or were actually posted by FD staff). So I could get lucky and 1 more could do the trick, or unlucky and do another 10 with no joy...
[Edit: on reading a little more of this thread I realise you meant heists rather than thefts; in fact I've done a mixture of the two. Worse still, I need to go back and look at how many of them came after the fupping referral, cos (awesome, huh?) that seems to be a magical hidden requirement, argh and #@%&$#]

I thought it’s been known for a while that only covert heists are being counted even if the description mentions thefts. I unlocked Terra after I’d hit six heists, even though I’d done a theft or two already.

I thought it’s been known for a while that only covert heists are being counted even if the description mentions thefts. I unlocked Terra after I’d hit six heists, even though I’d done a theft or two already.
Yup, this certainly gets repeated a lot but I'm unsure if there's been any real confirmation... (e.g. from the devs).

Yup, this certainly gets repeated a lot but I'm unsure if there's been any real confirmation... (e.g. from the devs).
There's been enough commanders that have unlocked Terra to know that thefts count about half the time and heists count all the time. The entire scientific method is based on repeatable results so if that's not real enough for you....🤷‍♂️

The devs have confirmed that both should count so you are entirely entitled to ask support to fix it for you if you believe you have met the requirements.

There's been enough commanders that have unlocked Terra to know that thefts count about half the time and heists count all the time. The entire scientific method is based on repeatable results so if that's not real enough for you....🤷‍♂️
I typed a long reply, then fumbled the keyboard and it was all gone. Weird (since XenForo normally saves the damn drafts) but probably for the best! ;)
In short: "real" on a forum full of well-intentioned people - and Chinese whispers - is still a vague concept. Just compare your reply to the one from @syngyne and you'll see what I mean: "thefts count half the time" and "only heists count" are really not the same story, and at most one of them can be true. That's why I often ask if the staff have confirmed a thing...
The devs have confirmed that both should count so you are entirely entitled to ask support to fix it for you if you believe you have met the requirements.
Yup, might have to resort to that after I attempt to do some more, since (see above) rumour has it ;) that missions before the referral don't count...

Yup, might have to resort to that after I attempt to do some more, since (see above) rumour has it ;) that missions before the referral don't count...

it's not a rumour.
it's a fact valid for all Odyssey unlocks and practically validated by lots and lots of commanders

if you really want to confirm it for yourself, sell 25 cat/multimedia to unlock Beck BEFORE getting the referral from Ferrari.
Or Even better, sell 15 SDP + 25 cat/multimedia before even unlocking Ferrari - then see if you get the referal and the unlock 😂

it's not a rumour.
it's a fact valid for all Odyssey unlocks and practically validated by lots and lots of commanders
That "rumour" was tongue-in-cheek, hence the smiley. I do wish the game would make the damn thing clear though.
I confused myself about this by initially getting it into my head that I had unlocked Kit Fowler despite having sold part of the required number of Opinion Polls before I got the referral for him (turns out I was wrong about the day I unlocked him).

After I fully upgraded a Maverick suit I found with Quieter Footsteps two weeks ago, I decided to give covert heists another go.

Managed the first one fine, though I did have to kill a couple of people to get access to the settlement alarm switch.

Second one, I just couldn't seem to crack open a door without someone appearing as if from nowhere to spot me doing it, and too many people aggroing to prevent the alarms going off.

Thing is, I ran away expecting that to be the end of it, red letters announcing the mission had failed, and that didn't happen, so I reverski'd and tried again. And again.

When I eventually opened the container, it was empty. Now I don't know if the glitch was the mission not failing, the item being missing, or both, but it's knocked it on the head for me and Terra, as useless as her services are to me, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom