CQC Improvement Speculation

CQC is on the same train than PP, MC or other half broken mechanics towards nowhere. And unfortunately, it seems VR is going to join them soon...
Many people enjoy CQC. The purpose is to reach Elite and have fun in a fair match unlike PVP which often isn't, in-game. I've played Elite for +5 years and there's still nothing as fun as CQC when you get good at it. It takes a bit of practice but that's the same as everything else in Elite.

I like a lot of the suggestions in this thread and have made many myself over the years too. I hope Frontier listen to community and give it some proper updates by using in-game assets etc. The new training mission assists would be good for a new race mode of CQC.

If Frontier take action on our suggestions, they could even offer it again on Steam which would bring in more money for them. Personally, I strongly felt that the first version on steam was released far too early. There wasn't enough content and still isn't, but that can be fixed :)

I invited some friends over to play some elite dangerous and kept running into problems trying to get the game to run (think it was server issues at the time) and we ended up playing cqc and it was probably the most fun ive had in the game. A few other random players even joined in and we had 6-7 players most of the afternoon and i have been wishing for that to happen again.

CQC needs leagues and ladders which are part of the main game with galnet news on the top matches and season finals. Maybe even the possibility to bet on the top matches.
I am sure more players would play CQC if they could show that they have the biggest helmet in the game.

Currently you play only to make ships go boom and for a small entry in your statistics.

CQC needs leagues and ladders which are part of the main game with galnet news on the top matches and season finals. Maybe even the possibility to bet on the top matches.
I am sure more players would play CQC if they could show that they have the biggest helmet in the game.

Currently you play only to make ships go boom and for a small entry in your statistics.

Yeah, I completely agree. I've raised that suggestion in the past (albeit without your betting suggestion which is even better!)

Top Bottom