Cryptic Elite Instagram/Twitter posts?

As usual with teasers, there is not enough infomation for it to actually be of interest.
What can you fit in 45 bits ?
Not sure its even enough for a single set of Galactic Coords

I think some assumptions can be made.

Whatever the object is it is emitting a corona.
So it's either a sun or a planet blocking a sun.

Let's assume its a blue giant.
So that means they are intentionally blocking something in front of the blue giant.

So its probably some structure or vessel infront of a blue giant in deep space.
Let's hope its a new way to get fuel for Fleet Carriers in Deep Space.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
So there is this bit in the Twitter exchange
1603715653281.png

Which would seem to make it clear that the dots in the tweet are just the number of letters in the word. It would fit with something like
Halloween
Event
Soon

Instagram: (link)

The image I personally think is just the first part of the clues, and I'm not sure anything can be worked out from it yet.

I don't do social media so context required please.

Is it unusual for Frontier to post pretty space pictures to their twitter / instagram account ?

However the binary pic is literally cryptic.

The complete visible sections can be decoded - via ASCII / binary decoder to i,t,s,e.

Assuming there are missing letters and the word is english gives i_t_s_e .

Which gives us "distastes" - which seem oddly appropriate! And shows you can make just about anything out of it with little effort. :)

Despite my distaste, Am I correct that we are due to get Horizons tomorrow ?
If so, wonder these posts are in any way related to the promotion of that.

(edited to put in some missing underscores - edited again the underscores do not seem to stay!)

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Has Frontier done ARG type things like this before? Or would you not consider this ARG?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. They have used social media before to hint at things that are either in game or upcoming. Years ago their trailer videos used to contain things that related to in game stuff, but after people started reverse engineering the information in the videos to find things before Frontier were ready to tell them to us (i.e using the skybox to work out which planet something was on), that has stopped.

I think it's very likely it hints to the Halloween event that starts today.

I don't do social media so context required please.

Is it unusual for Frontier to post pretty space pictures to their twitter / instagram account ?

However the binary pic is literally cryptic.

The complete visible sections can be decoded - via ASCII / binary decoder to i,t,s,e.

Assuming there are missing letters and the word is english gives _i_t_s_e.

Which gives us "distastes" - which seem oddly appropriate! And shows you can make just about anything out of it with little effort. :)

Despite my distaste, Am I correct that we are due to get Horizons tomorrow ?
If so, wonder these posts are in any way related to the promotion of that.
If you're looking for context you won't find it because there wasn't any :D

Like I said earlier I think that the picture is just part one of the clue/puzzle and that it won't make much sense on it's own. I think it's more than likely related to the Halloween event rather than Horizons.

Is it the Futurama time code?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Is it the Futurama time code?
Once, I thought I saw a 2...

••••••••• = Pointless
••••• = Black
•••• = Ball
Seriously but, FD love teasing eh? Suppose everyone has more then enough spare time these days. Definitely need something to talk about that isn't about current world politics. Keep it up FD(y)

Top Bottom