IIRC you get more total armor if you make your reactive armor heavy duty then make your smallest HRP thermal resist. This option is probably heavier too.I'm fully prepared for the grind, been stocking up on Tungsten and Core Dynamics Composites. If you're interested in my plan for the engineering , here it is...
1) Reactive bulkheads with G5 thermal resist and enough explosive bonus to get the resists as close to 16% for all as feasible, over will be cream, I expect this to take at least 50 rolls.
2) Reinforced power plant, I'll just do 20 rolls on this and take the best I get, think about improving it down the line if necessary
3) G5 DD - This is the bad boy. I'll go with 100 rolls and see what happens, but this is never 'done', I will be rerolling this forever, I know.
4) Charge Enhanced PD - 50 rolls take the best and improve it down the line, cos I need to focus on the armor...
5) 2 x 5D HRP and 2 x 4D HRP, 2 x 2D HRP, that's 6 parts, with probably an average 40 rolls each just to be acceptable, that's a lot of mats, so I'm going to need some luck. I am focusing on mats collecting at the moment for these and I figure I will go with 100 rolls total (got 50 already), mainly due to material storage issues. That will mean about 15 rolls each, which won't be enough to max all of them, but maybe I'll get lucky on a couple. Anyway, mats collection for these isn't too bad, I can do it all in Deciat, which is a 2nd home to me.
6) Then it's the weapons which are less critical, and besides, I still haven't decided what weapons to use yet. I don't think I'm good enough to go PAs and Rails exclusively straight away, I'll experiment (sic: get killed until I find something that works)