PvP Current PVP meta...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing more people using the dropship for pvp. I bought one and threw engineered parts from my other ships on it. It's ok, I guess. The shields do come back super fast though. Especially using resistance aug instead of heavy duty boosters. It doesn't seems to turn as fast as a fas.

What makes this ship good for pvp? I have to be missing something.

I'm seeing more people using the dropship for pvp. I bought one and threw engineered parts from my other ships on it. It's ok, I guess. The shields do come back super fast though. Especially using resistance aug instead of heavy duty boosters. It doesn't seems to turn as fast as a fas.

What makes this ship good for pvp? I have to be missing something.

I think me and Rinzler made this one popular but its worth pointing out that the dropship for me at least suits my flight style. I prefer to be the space tank or the bullet sponge for a team while being able to dish out some damage, for me also I use my dropship to disable instead of outright kill. I have some videos uploading I will link here soon and you will be able to see.

[video=youtube;ff6zDfqZaJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6zDfqZaJg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;KZwQOa7GGyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwQOa7GGyQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I think me and Rinzler made this one popular but its worth pointing out that the dropship for me at least suits my flight style. I prefer to be the space tank or the bullet sponge for a team while being able to dish out some damage, for me also I use my dropship to disable instead of outright kill. I have some videos uploading I will link here soon and you will be able to see.
Ya, I've watched both of you using the dropship. That's what got me curious about it. I gotta be honest, I hated that thing the couple times I tried it out and couldn't figure out why you guys were using it.

But I did a lot of fiddling with it today. I engineered the hrp's and got just 4041 for integrity. Then I pulled engineered parts off my other ships. With engineered parts it's really starting to grow on me. I've been going back and forth between this and my fas today with the same loadout. I think I actually prefer the dropship. I would have glossed over this ship if you guys didn't post videos using it.

Here's my loadout if anyone has a critique. I do mostly pve but I play with a pvp loadout just so I can become more proficient with it.

3c gimbaled multi g5 oc with corrosive
4x 2c plasmas all g5 efficient 1 dispersal, 1
dazzle, 2 target breaker
4x g5 resistance aug boosters (sometimes a
kws is in there)
Lightweight hull g5 heavy duty armor
6a powerplant g1 oc
6a thrusters g5 dd
5a fsd g5 increased range
5d life support
6a distro g5 charge enhanced
4a sensors
6c bi-weave g5 thermal
All the rest are d rated hrp's with g5 heavy duty reinforcement and a 4d module reinforcement.

Falter

Banned
Ya, I've watched both of you using the dropship. That's what got me curious about it. I gotta be honest, I hated that thing the couple times I tried it out and couldn't figure out why you guys were using it.

But I did a lot of fiddling with it today. I engineered the hrp's and got just 4041 for integrity. Then I pulled engineered parts off my other ships. With engineered parts it's really starting to grow on me. I've been going back and forth between this and my fas today with the same loadout. I think I actually prefer the dropship. I would have glossed over this ship if you guys didn't post videos using it.

Here's my loadout if anyone has a critique. I do mostly pve but I play with a pvp loadout just so I can become more proficient with it.

3c gimbaled multi g5 oc with corrosive
4x 2c plasmas all g5 efficient 1 dispersal, 1
dazzle, 2 target breaker
4x g5 resistance aug boosters (sometimes a
kws is in there)
Lightweight hull g5 heavy duty armor
6a powerplant g1 oc
6a thrusters g5 dd
5a fsd g5 increased range
5d life support
6a distro g5 charge enhanced
4a sensors
6c bi-weave g5 thermal
All the rest are d rated hrp's with g5 heavy duty reinforcement and a 4d module reinforcement.

4K hull usually means you want a single class 5D MRP for module protection, lower than 4k and you'd want a single 4D.
I see you have a dazzle secondary, but I'd advise a dispersal or oversized in place of that as you run 4 boosters and an OC plant which lends your ship to not dissipating your heat fast enough to make good use of the dazzle as a reduction to enemies sensor detection.

(The MC's sustain will also mean that even if you're cold, firing that will light you up.)
Normally I'd recommend against a long range FSD in PVP, a shielded or fast boot depending on how confident you are in making an escape is the preferential mod there.

I'd also recommend a switch from LWs to RSC with lightweight modding as your bulkhead.
You'll re-balance that weight and get some speed despite carrying a armored bulkhead.

If you plan to keep your LS unmodded, I'd recommend carrying an A rate or modding an A rate, for shielded to help act as a buffer for spen shots. (turn your sides into railgun shots to protect your cores from reverski railgun spammers.)

I'd also advise a long range modification for your sensors to more universally allow you to have full situational awareness in combat, and to No U anyone attempting to run silent or cold against your setup.
If you do make the transition over to bulkheads, make sure to fit a class 2 HRP with Thermal 5 and DP as the secondary to buff the Negative Thermal out of the bulkhead.

Recently noticed that scramble spectrum triggered PP malfunction shuts down thrusters even if they are only module at "1" priority and use only 30% of available power, is this something new with recent patch or it was always like this?

Recently noticed that scramble spectrum triggered PP malfunction shuts down thrusters even if they are only module at "1" priority and use only 30% of available power, is this something new with recent patch or it was always like this?

Can't say I've observed this myself. I distinctly recall combats where the ship I was flying suffered PP malfunctions from scramble, or at least in conjunction with the scramble effect, without going below 40% output.

Assuming you aren't mistaken in your observation, there were either two simultaneous malfunctions, or the effect is bugged and a more serious malfunction is being triggered.

Probably worth testing while watching the module pane and seeing exactly what output falls to.

Falter

Banned

Sort your power priorities.
Also:

No seeker missile arguments allowed here, except for asking me how to not lose your guns by deflecting missiles around your ship :LOL::

Last edited:

The most extreme instance of degraded power output used to drop it to 20%. That was with a malfunction of the PP after it has taken massive damage.

idk if things have changed... and I think it probably worth looking closely at in your instance.
Here are details I'm referencing (from Dec. 2018):

o7

Did you have any guardian modules in that build? Last I checked, these are set to always on (priority 0), so they effectively reduce your effective power output and I doubt that this is represented accurately in the power bars 🤷

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Nice necro folks.

Now where is it?

Oh yeah here it is...

gByFS7e.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom