Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Witcher already felt RPG on super steroids. There's reason why I never started Witcher 3 - it just feels so huge.

Now this game feels 100 times Witcher 3. This is just positively insane. CD Projekt are positively nuts.

CDP, please take on Massive Effect type of RPG, pretty please? :D
TW3 IS huge. I took 1.5 months to finish and I did cut short on some Skellige places and paced a bit quickly through the Gunter O'Dimm DLC. I never mastered powers and used the tricks that seem to work for me: dodge, sword and shield power. Occasionally another utility spell. I just couldn't handle swapping powers in melee, nor tossing grenades, nor using the crossbow. I started very late using any oils and barely did I use any potions. Were there scrolls? I likely didn't use them much either. Consumables are difficult, I hoard them for bad times. And if I'm having bad times they rarely make a difference. I used upgrades of weapons and armour but grew tired of constantly upgrading - a recurring theme in RPGs.
When I started the last DLC I was in for a surprise and barely didn't want to end it anymore. What a finish to an epic game. 10/10 - you gotta invest time but it's basically worth every minute.

I have good things to say about DoS2. I liked the combat, story was interesting. At 1.5 months (of which I had wasted 2 weeks starting all over trying out characters) I learned that I had barely finished half of the game and quit. It was just too long.

Cyberpunk is indeed an action RPG, if you like these kind of games it is maybe for you. Think Grand Theft Auto in other setting.

Quaero

Banned
(edit) I disagree strongly on the "GTA in other setting" comparison. It's a "Deus Ex in other setting". The focus is quite different. Transportation in CP2077 is just a means to an end, to get to the next mission, and you can even skip most of it.

Modders can do wonders with CP2077 graphics engine:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_toA8lErAHg
As a fan of both games I'd have to say you are pretty much both right. Suffice it to say it isif Rockstar made a deus ex open world title.

I say this specifically because I feel like gtas fp mode feels more like cyberpunk than deus ex mankind divided did impo

I don't want to leave Dogtown anymore, lol. I've played vanilla so often - I just don't want to play them yet again. So I kinda rush them. I used to pixel through them in stealth but I can't be bothered anymore. And that is OK, because now I play them differently. And I like the area, the new stories. Gives me real CP vibe. This is more what I imagined Night City would look like. At least the combat zone.

I don't want to leave Dogtown anymore, lol. I've played vanilla so often - I just don't want to play them yet again. So I kinda rush them. I used to pixel through them in stealth but I can't be bothered anymore. And that is OK, because now I play them differently. And I like the area, the new stories. Gives me real CP vibe. This is more what I imagined Night City would look like. At least the combat zone.
Yeah, it’s definitely closer to CDPR’s initial vision for the game, we now have pretty much all the new Dog Town gigs and main missions with multiple branching ways to complete them offering several different outcomes, there’s one brand new ending, but the Phantom Liberty DLC has its own 5 or so endings.
The endings are all well worth experiencing just as each of the base Cyberpunk endings originally were.

Back to the multiple outcomes for missions/gigs: for example; picking a particular choice with a character may lead to someone being murdered, or lead to you being able to fight someone you weren’t expecting. You also get follow up texts post missions/gigs that really pump up the immersion that this city is alive, and on some occasions an extra side mission may pop up from your choices.

Yeah, it’s definitely closer to CDPR’s initial vision for the game, we now have pretty much all the new Dog Town gigs and main missions with multiple branching ways to complete them offering several different outcomes, there’s one brand new ending, but the Phantom Liberty DLC has its own 5 or so endings.
The endings are all well worth experiencing just as each of the base Cyberpunk endings originally were.

Back to the multiple outcomes for missions/gigs: for example; picking a particular choice with a character may lead to someone being murdered, or lead to you being able to fight someone you weren’t expecting. You also get follow up texts post missions/gigs that really pump up the immersion that this city is alive, and on some occasions an extra side mission may pop up from your choices.
I heard PL finishes the game, too. Or at least a particular ending. I'd like to revisit Dogtown though - at my departure it looked very promising.

I think I had some of these variable outcomes with a boxer. I terminated a conversation at a quest finale early and then just terminated the miniboss. It might have turned out for worse for the boxer.

Comrade Hammer in CP2077 has evolved again. It deals explosive damage now. I don't understand the "tech" aspect of that (tech was always cover penetration to me) but it's a big explosion. So big, I don't dare use it anymore, cos I'm so close with my enemies. Numerous reworks of the iconics and mods - a lot to explore. I fought the mini bosses in their exo suits and a huge boss in Phantom Liberty. In all these instances my smart guns outperformed any conventional gear. Git gud? Probably, but I had trouble finding weakspots in the first place. With Smart Link you can pick your fav weakspot.
And I'm lazy, too.

Before 2.0 the skill tree had dedicated buffs for weapon categories. This is no longer the case it seems. Now we get relic weakspots. Stacks that get conditionally removed and resolve with boni. It all is more "conditional" - do this and you can have that. Get this and blades and you can zip around the battlefield. I prefer this to the "fixed" skill tree with fixed boni. Now you have to mix up your gameplay. Or find a tree that complements your preference best. It is a skill sytems that suggests trying out different things, at least to me.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
All this talk from you guys made me FINALLY redo my modbuild for CP and start playing again. Thanks! :D

I'm working on updating my mod guides for it, save the links if you're interested. Here's the whole collection - https://next.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/collections/zskawt

It is however fully modular, so you can mix and match as you please :)

Note it's not usable at the moment, as it's from before patch 2.0 and the DLC. But I have the modbuild ready, just need to find the time to update the description of the each module...

I finished the main story of Phantom Liberty, there is a bit of epilogue left. It was kinda tragic and the acting of Reed really stood out. Silverhand - also well done. Made the story feel alive, but the strongest moments were at the end. There was an aftermath mission for Hands which involved some some dynamics, felt like taking initiative and doing something proactively. Just a gig but a strong one. Oh - it's not fully finished. It might turn out even more interesting yet.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
My mistake, I read the stats wrong, I'm 105.39 hours in.

How do I upload the ping hack to the camera in The Gift mission?

1711739186740.png

Took me literally 15 seconds.

:p

Finally got around to reinstalling Phantom Liberty...wanted to mop up some stuff in 1.63 before I switched over to the new version of the game. The overhaul fixed a major bug in my flaky 360 hour old save game, so the game no longer crashes when approaching certain areas of the map. Gameplay changes took a bit of getting used to, but they are mostly positive. Also happens that my character's hand-to-hand plus tech weapon build lined up pretty well with the new system.

Started the Phantom Liberty quest line, but I've spent most of my time getting paid to steal cars, that by the time my V delivers them, are so beat up they should probably just go straight to the scrap yard. Most of these missions are pure comedy...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_vIvWeFO0

My mistake, I read the stats wrong, I'm 105.39 hours in.

How do I upload the ping hack to the camera in The Gift mission?
Have you ever used a quickhack before?
And, seeing that you're >100 hours in - have you replaced your cyberdeck with something else (sandevistan or berserk)? Never tried it myself, but from memory, according to their description these didn't support quickhacks. So if you're sporting one of them, you'd better visit a 'doc and replace them with a cyberdeck if you want to use quickhacks.

If you have a deck, then
you need to assign the quickhack to a slot of the deck (different types and ranks of deck will support different numbers and ranks of quickhacks), then target your target and select the quickhack you want to use. The virtual training shard you are offered while sitting in the car before that intro mission where you retrieve the not-quite-dead client together with Jackie has an introduction also for quickhacks.

I don't know if you can redo that virtual training mission (did you complete the theft mission?), but might be worth a try to check if you have the training shard still somewhere in your inventory.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Have you ever used a quickhack before?
And, seeing that you're >100 hours in - have you replaced your cyberdeck with something else (sandevistan or berserk)? Never tried it myself, but from memory, according to their description these didn't support quickhacks. So if you're sporting one of them, you'd better visit a 'doc and replace them with a cyberdeck if you want to use quickhacks.

If you have a deck, then
you need to assign the quickhack to a slot of the deck (different types and ranks of deck will support different numbers and ranks of quickhacks), then target your target and select the quickhack you want to use. The virtual training shard you are offered while sitting in the car before that intro mission where you retrieve the not-quite-dead client together with Jackie has an introduction also for quickhacks.

I don't know if you can redo that virtual training mission (did you complete the theft mission?), but might be worth a try to check if you have the training shard still somewhere in your inventory.
Yes both Sandy and Besersk mean you can't use any quickhacks. I made a pistol wielding Sandy user which was great fun to play running around in slow motion and shooting 9 or 10 people in the head before they even know what's going on. But not being able to do anything with pings or distracts, really did my head in.

Top Bottom