Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I really believe in CD Projekt Red and that they will make a great game again. When I played the Witcher 3, I was shocked by the graphics, the plot, and especially the world . In General, I can't wait for the spring when this game will be released. In the meantime, I'm going to play Apex Legends.
Just three months left. :)

The only thing I'm afraid of a little is something somebody (I think it was Vasea) mentioned elsewhere - many people are hyped for the game because they liked The Witcher and because they are fans of CD Project, but not necessarily fans of cyberpunk. Those people may actually find out that CP2077 isn't a game for them, no matter how good it is. And there are many more fantasy fans than there are cyberpunk ones. So this game might face some tough challenges when it's out.

But yeah. I can't wait.

Particularly as CP2020, the pen and paper RPG this is adapted from, is old and therefore a very old take on the cyberpunk thing. It's 100% cliché-land which felt ok at the time, but may feel 200% cringeworthy today. I mean, Johnny Silverhand, the character (or at least its dematerialised conscience) played by Keanu Reeves was already a cringefest of a NPC at the time. I'm curious to see how they manage to find their feet between source material nostalgia and more modern world building/storytelling.

Particularly as CP2020, the pen and paper RPG this is adapted from, is old and therefore a very old take on the cyberpunk thing. It's 100% cliché-land which felt ok at the time, but may feel 200% cringeworthy today. I mean, Johnny Silverhand, the character (or at least its dematerialised conscience) played by Keanu Reeves was already a cringefest of a NPC at the time. I'm curious to see how they manage to find their feet between source material nostalgia and more modern world building/storytelling.
That is actually a good point. We just ignored that cringe stuff and went for ultra violence on the combat zone.

To be honest I'm not a fan of the whole "body modifications" / "hacking" theme. If it weren't a CDPR game I would probably give it a skip. I would prefer a more "Blade Runner" type of setting. But it is what it is.

I'm not expecting top notch FPS action gameplay, nor Assetto Corsa quality driving, but I am expecting a fantastic game world, with great characters characters and stories, grey morals, and especially choices that matter, the usual good stuff by CDPR.

The gameplay, as long as it good enough not to become annoying, is fine by me.

I`m in the same camp as Askavir, the game reminds me of Deus Ex, the game that is very good but due to the theme it never really sucked me in that much.

Last edited:
I`m in the same camp as Askavir, the game reminds me of Deus Ex, the game that is very good but due to the theme I never really sucked me in that much.

The aspect of Deus Ex that impressed me was the ability to choose how to approach each situation. This was rare at the time, at least as best I remember, and I really enjoyed being able to achieve an objective with minimal or even zero gun-play, as opposed to 'on rails' pew-pew.

(I may be wearing rose tinted spectacles, as Deus Ex seems like a lifetime ago....)

Whilst I'm keen to see how CP2077 turns out, I'm not going to be devastated if it's not for me. The remake of System Shock is however a whole different barrel of monkeys.... .....and it'd better blow me away or I shall sulk for a good week.

Besides reading the book by Philip K. D.i.c.k, (can't believe the forum nanny made me edit that) 'Do androids dream of electric sheep' many moons ago...and watching the original Bladerunner movie and the recent re-do of it...I never got the whole Cyberpunk thing at all...

I'm still excited over CDPR's rendition and take on the world of the Cyberpunk genre...

It's more early William Gibson that you'd want to read to get the idea. CP2020 spawned from the Sprawl trilogy: Neuromancer, Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive. The short novels of Burning Chrome too.

Has there been any recent word on it concerning gameplay? I haven't heard almost anything new since two E3's ago.
No, they are keeping it really quiet. Since the last E3 presentation (which admittedly was pretty cool) they released one gameplay video and two songs from the soundtrack. So not counting the occasional tweet here and there, they are completely radio silent.

I kind of expected they are going to ramp up the hype train around Christmas but so far nothing.

It's still three months, though, and keeping the hype peaked for three months is hard, so I guess it'll be another month or two before we're starting to see things.

No, they are keeping it really quiet. Since the last E3 presentation (which admittedly was pretty cool) they released one gameplay video and two songs from the soundtrack. So not counting the occasional tweet here and there, they are completely radio silent.

I kind of expected they are going to ramp up the hype train around Christmas but so far nothing.

It's still three months, though, and keeping the hype peaked for three months is hard, so I guess it'll be another month or two before we're starting to see things.
Or in a week or two there may be word of a delay.

Top Bottom