Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I don't understand this stuff at all... If the day zero patch is already done, then why still have it as a new, separate download?... Why not bundle the entire thing together?
The game went into production a few weeks ago ready for distribution of the hard copies required for consoles, limited collectors editions etc....hence the current raft of reviews stating that the release they reviewed was minus the latest day zero patch... which in itself is a result from the 3 week additional crunch period by CDPR after they announced the last game delay from November 19th...they'll still be working and bug fixing on that day zero patch right up until the game goes live...every hour spent on getting rid of bugs means one less to be trashed for by the gaming media ;)

Last edited:
I mean... That's why they delayed it, no?
Yes and now you're seeing the FIXED version of it. That's how big software projects roll, it's a way of life. That's why I consider taking a paid leave on a game premiere to be a waste. Take recent Star Wars Squadrons for example, and it is soooo much less ambitious in scope than even Witcher 1 ;-) Unless you're making money on reviewing games, don't bother playing on premiere, unless you have particularly malicious spoiler friends :D

Yes and now you're seeing the FIXED version of it. That's how big software projects roll, it's a way of life. That's why I consider taking a paid leave on a game premiere to be a waste. Take recent Star Wars Squadrons for example, and it is soooo much less ambitious in scope than even Witcher 1 ;-) Unless you're making money on reviewing games, don't bother playing on premiere, unless you have particularly malicious spoiler friends :D
Well, I'm still gonna play it. :LOL:
But I don't expect a completely smooth experience and won't complain about it. I will be playing it more than once anyway so this first playthrough can be for science and giggles. :)

There's also the confirmed 49Gb day zero patch...so you'll be struggling mate :(
Thankfully, I had 120GB of available space on my SSD after uninstalling Squadrons... but I think it’s definitely time to install that new one. When, exactly, did a TB of drive space start to become small? :rolleyes:

I don't understand this stuff at all... If the day zero patch is already done, then why still have it as a new, separate download?... Why not bundle the entire thing together?

It would make sense on the face of it, and the question of whether it's worthwhile to wait for a week or so for them to do that is valid, but unless it's going to take you that long to download 100GB I wouldn't wait. But the thing is the game went 'gold' a couple of months ago, so the version that is being distributed to all (including Mr Lucky Steelbook owner) will be the same as that months old versions that is on the DVDs. And that makes the patch the same for all versions too.

I'm hoping that's just the size of the patch but the final size isn't an additional 50Gb!

90%+ of the patch I imagine will be replacing things, so not an additional 50GB or whatever it is. You'll need to make sure you have enough temp storage free to install it though, because that's a biggie. 😕

Seems like aye, it's been confirmed... so I'll just start it going on midnight on Wednesday and leave it for the morning.

As for reviews, personally I'm not looking at any of them. Or the 16 hour playthroughs that have been released. I know almost nothing of the plot. I want to experience this for myself, not through others. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Nice. Though I fear my puny GTX 960 4GB wouldn't stand a chance.

Am I correct in thinking it will have an Xbox release?
minium specs is
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 70 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD recommended
recommended specs
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 70 GB available space

With more detail, and in YELLOW.

16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

From what I'm reading so far, most of the 'reviewers' seem unnaturally obsessed with how their particular or preferred sexual gender or orientation is represented. Wouldn't it be refreshing to read a review from a gamer who just plays games without fretting over or implying real world issues whilst trying to find a deeper hidden political agenda buried inside a computer game... :rolleyes:

There aren't words to describe this "fashion" of idiocy in gaming (and wider world) these days. To me a spoon is a spoon if it's a spoon, not a sponge or a thermonuclear device. It's a spoon. They all have their functions and they do poorly when made to function differently.

Anyway. I get the impression also that these "reviews" are from that older code they got hold of several months ago now.

My faith is still strong.

:D

Puts my views on mainstream media 'reviewers' of CP 2077 in a nice perspective...with less swearwords than I used when reading them.. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom