CZs and INF

I didn't mean picking a system, but for example how long it takes for one faction to move from pending expansion to actual expansion that can take either shortest 5 days or longest 7 days in which time you need pay attention that the spot you created will not be taken by other factions and no, players actions are not the only thing affecting the bgs otherwise it would've been even more dead than it is. And even thou I cannot track 100% of times if a player did anything in a currently active conflict but I can assure you that rng is a huge part of this game.

Ok Expansion pending is always 5 days no if ands or buts. The active time is what's different cause Odyssey messed it up. And of course you have to watch for other factions snagging the system you want. That's why you use Inara and plan around other expanding factions.

RNG is a huge part of the game but not of the BGS. There are many systems out there that never change because no one does anything in them. How do you think people test BGS mechanics? They research systems that have zero activity then go do their testing there.

Ok Expansion pending is always 5 days no if ands or buts. The active time is what's different cause Odyssey messed it up. And of course you have to watch for other factions snagging the system you want. That's why you use Inara and plan around other expanding factions.

RNG is a huge part of the game but not of the BGS. There are many systems out there that never change because no one does anything in them. How do you think people test BGS mechanics? They research systems that have zero activity then go do their testing there.
The expansion is ALWAYS between 5 and 7 days. But don't take my words for it. Read the forums and maybe join bgs discord. And please do not assume what I think off
Edit: pending also can take up to 7 days.

Edit: pending also can take up to 7 days.
Every single expansion my PMF had and all the other factions around us had had pending last 5 days. It's hard set there. The active state is around 6 days yes but Odyssey made it random cause before you could reliably shorten it. Since Odyssey all of our expansions have been 6 days no matter what we do.

All of my BGS knowledge is based off my PMF's personal experience and the BGS research gods on this forum. From those two sources what you say is just outright wrong.

My home system is undergoing expansion as we speak.
There's several potential "slots" we're we can go locally.
Does the state of those potential systems count?

My home system is undergoing expansion as we speak.
There's several potential "slots" we're we can go locally.
Does the state of those potential systems count?
Depends. The priority is as follow.
1. Does the system have less then 7 factions? If yes then you're going there. If more than one is less then 7 then the closest one to you is choosen.
2. If every system has 7 factions then it's the lowest influence % none native faction within a 20ly cube of your system. If they aren't in a conflict you will invade them and have to win to take their spot.
3. If all systems are full within the 20ly cube and the none natives are all tied up in conflicts your expansion will fail.

Damn.....kk well there's 2 "vacancys" nearby so hopefully all goes well.

Thx
Sorry, forgot to mention Permit Locked systems are lowest priority. Those will only be chosen if all other possible options have been exhausted and if FDev doesn't have a block on them. For example Sol can not been expanded into even tho it sits at 6 factions.

No RNG is involved in the BGS aside from the mission boards and certain States. Systems' BGS only changes if there's player input. If no one on Earth touches that system that day nothing will change in it. You ever see a War have a day where it's a draw? That's because absolutely no one touched either side of the conflict.

FDev did state, I think 2021 was horrible so trying to forget it lol, way back when Odyssey launched that Odyssey Settlements changed hands based on which side won the most days at that settlement. So if you were the only person to touch that settlement and win at it once during the entire war your faction will own it. Now if it is based on influence % then I'll get back to you. My PMF is currently having a coup war at 62% so if we win, so far we are, we should take every single settlement they have and we're only doing Space CZs to so...
Can confirm from a war that ended just a few days prior to Update 10 yesterday, at that point amount of ground conflicts won/lost at a specific settlement decided who took over/kept control. "Influence %" (which is locked to be equal during the conflict anyways, not sure what you guys are referring to here) played no role as far as we could see.

"It depends"

Officially, CZs are overwhelmingly the best way to win a war. If you can blitz them all, then doing High CZs is probably the best. If you struggle for quick times, doing low CZs is probably best.

Handing in combat bonds definitely helps, but there's not much point just doing that compared to winning the CZ outright.
huh. this whole time i thought it was the other way around. i thought Combat Bonds were more effective than winning or losing the CZ.

do we know how they are weighted compared to the number of Combat Bonds handed in?

say, if a Low CZ is worth 1 point, a Medium is worth 2 points and a High is worth 3 points, how does that measure up to a certain amount of Combat Bonds?

is a Low CZ (1 point) worth 2 million in Combat Bonds? or is there any way to even measure that?

Edit: or, let's say i lost the Low CZ. how much in Combat Bonds would i need to even that out or even supersede the loss?

or is there any way to even measure that?
of course there is! set up a project to test this:
1. find a no traffic system with a faction being present in a second system as well.
2. bring that faction into war in both systems parallely
3. fight a low CZ in that no traffic system against the faction
4. fight for the faction in the other systems, but hand in 1 mio in bonds, 2 mio bonds, 3 mio in bonds... in your no traffic system.
5. be wary that during the whole time of war there is no traffic polluting this test
6. retrigger conflicts to refine your model

sounds complicated? yes, that's why nobody tested that. as you never know how much you lost a day, it is also practically irrelevant.

in day-to-day gameplay we mainly work with baselines in conflicts if spread thin: win 1 LCZ. if that doesn't win the day, win 2 HCZ. if that doesn't win the day, win 2 LCZ, 2 MCZ, 2 HCZ. and if that doesn't win the day it is panic mode: as much as possible, with emphasis on MCZ.

Best to fill all the (war) buckets

• combat bonds (+-50mil each bgs server tick + this is something you can plan to do before the war is on)
  • Win CZ's zones in space
  • Win CZ's zones on surface (doing CZ high is a must to do, because of higher payout)
  • Complete extra objectives in space CZ med and CZ high
  • Do missions for killing a deserter.

Top Bottom