Day 64 of a broken background sim

I've seen that but I would appreciate FD confirming that the 3.3 BGS is broke and not working as intended. The BGS community may think it's broke but we don't know what the intention was with the 3.3 BGS update, that the BGS community didn't ask for. The BGS community made a game out of something FD never realised could be a game.

Last edited:
The galling thing is, some of us remember how broken it was in the first place. When they finally fixed it, it was wonderful. It was working perfectly. Then they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.

I was cautiously optimistic about the changes and generally I've enjoyed them... When they are working.

I wish at the very least they'd fix the weird conflict bug, where effort for your faction goes to the other side. Things not working at all sucks, but is manageable. Going the other way is just sickening and demotivating. Putting in a big effort one day, to see the next day that you're in defeat makes me not want to play the game the next day. I've never had that before in Elite.

giphy.gif

I wish at the very least they'd fix the weird conflict bug, where effort for your faction goes to the other side. Things not working at all sucks, but is manageable. Going the other way is just sickening and demotivating. Putting in a big effort one day, to see the next day that you're in defeat makes me not want to play the game the next day. I've never had that before in Elite.
Agreed.

To put in a lot of effort and find that you've just defeated your own faction is beyond disappointing.

The fact that FD rushed to "fix" a feature that players liked (double mining fragments) yet leave bugs that are genuinely game-breaking. Well...

Agreed.

To put in a lot of effort and find that you've just defeated your own faction is beyond disappointing.

The fact that FD rushed to "fix" a feature that players liked (double mining fragments) yet leave bugs that are genuinely game-breaking. Well...

I would guess that fixing the mining bug was a trivial matter compared to the BGS , i dont envy the poor guy who has to pour through that can of coding worms.

This hasn’t been the only topic they’ve been completely silent on so wish you all the best.

In all seriousness if you want effect you’re better off trying your luck making it past the reddit positive only censor or twitter.

We just need to reach 60 pages, this summons the commnunity managers to tell us they are happy about our dedication to the game.

I think they'll also be excited about the upcoming fixes to the BGS :) Well, hopefully upcoming fixes...

(and now is about the time the OP finds the problem with time sensitive thread titles :) )

Top Bottom