Dear Frontier, PLEASE come up with a comprehensive Known Issues list

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date
I didn't ask for all of them, that'd be silly - but the top 100 or so. I'd even be happy with the top 50. It's better than nothing at all which is what we have right now.
If it's not all of them it's not comprehensive, so intentionally or not you did ask for all of them. /pedant

Deleted member 182079

D
Oh, didn't you? Sorry, I misunderstood.
Would the issue tracker not surfice for this? You can filter by most upvoted for example.
Maybe I didn't word it well enough - I did say 'comprehensive' but by that I meant a list that covers all the heavy hitters and a number of lesser issues, but certainly more than what we've gotten over the past weeks and months (as in, a handful of bullet points at best).

I already stated my view on the issue tracker - and many players probably don't even know it exists - I don't think it's a big challenge for a developer who I'm sure keep internal issue lists to share at least the top section of that in a forum post, they even have a news section for this stuff, why not use it? We can then link to it if needs be.

Anyways I'm already running out of steam here trying to 'sell' this seemingly out-worldly idea, we're likely not going to get it anyways so.... I should probably be doing something more productive with my afternoon.

Deleted member 182079

D
If it's not all of them it's not comprehensive, so intentionally or not you did ask for all of them. /pedant
Yes, I clarified this in my post above. While I'm fairly adept at the English language (as a second one), sometimes little mistakes like these still slip through 🤷‍♂️

I just think it would go a long way if Frontier would sit down, take stock of the current damage and share with us a comprehensive list of all the known issues they're aware of and that they're working on a fix for.

Right now nobody knows whether something is by design, a bug, whether FDev are even aware of the problem, or whether we're wasting time getting annoyed about stuff that they already have a fix in the pipeline for.

Not only would this provide some reassurance that they "got this" and calm tempers a bit, but it would also save players the effort of having to raise multiple issues on the issue tracker, which I'm sure also means additional work for Frontier support staff. If threads get created for a known issue at least we could link to it rather than wasting time and effort second guessing and theory crafting.

Am I asking for too much here?
I agree, I found the “flashlight doesn’t work/ add a chest piece to fix it bug” last night and was luckily able to find that fix. A comprehensive list would be nice.

They simply don't have the manpower or are unwilling to invest any of their 17m profit from last year into maintaining something that we love because it's not in their financial interest.. This is where i think they are wrong! I believe if they hired some really decent people and paid them enough to stay, possibly doubled their workforce just for coding and bug squashing for a year they might see a positive return on that investment. But what do I know.. I don't run a company of that size. I'm just a guy who likes flying spaceships, preferably ones that work.

Deleted member 182079

D
It makes my quiet mad that all the bugs I have reported have been branded as expired and not fixed. Why should I even report bugs? Its really a bad attiude to your players.
I'm probably going to get some stick for saying this now, but I didn't raise a single issue on the tracker as part of this last Alpha.

And looking at the state of the live release I'm glad I didn't waste my personal time on it where it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference in the end.

A lesson learned from past Betas, sadly. The only thing I feel I can do is sit and wait it out until things hopefully improve. After all, it's Frontier's game and they have a responsibility to keep it in working order - their customers helping along should be merely a free bonus but they shouldn't overly rely on it. Which they seemingly do though. Oh well.

Someone on Reddit already compiled a pretty decent list, albeit from a distinctly negative perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/njko60 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/njko60/players_in_uproar_over_elite_dangerous_odysseys/

Highlights include:

• Dropping FPS by more than 50% for a release that was advertised as not increasing hardware requirements for customers. Even people with 2080s are finding themselves below 60 fps in the report thread.
  • A still-unsolved bug where you get in a space taxi, it just flies around in circles, and nothing you or any other players do will ever make them actually land or let you escape, trapping you forever. Nothing short of wiping your entire identity and starting from scratch can let you play again (for now).
  • A rework of the terrain engine that downgrades the surfaces of Horizons planets to lower detail, almost no sharp edges, and a general 'popcorn-hill' layout that covers a lot of planets in a very samey and bland way
  • A bug where if you accept any mission reward for any engineering material, your entire stock of that material is destroyed except for your reward (so if you exploited for about 2-5h, or ground out the 'natural' way for 20h, 50 high grade data mats, then got rewarded 2, you now have 2)
  • An overall downgrade in usability and available information for the UI related to outfitting and browsing stored ship components
  • The standard E:D swarm of crashes, bugs, and mechanics that seem half-finished and/or lied about in marketing.
  • And of course, don't forget 0 VR support for any Odyssey exclusive content, despite the base game and all its previous expansions having native VR support.
Most of these were reported to Frontier in the closed beta before launch, but they declined to fix them. Odyssey is currently sitting at 31% (mostly negative) on Steam. In a few months, Frontier has said they plan to merge most of these changes with the base game (Horizons), meaning even people who didn't pay for the DLC will be subject to any bugs (or unwanted changes) that remain unfixed by that point.

You won't be able to avoid the update even if you play single-player, because E:D is always online.

You'd think Fdev would have compiled something similar and started prioritizing them by severity - so they can have a roadmap of approximately when players can expect those problems to be resolved. OTOH... shrug.

I just think it would go a long way if Frontier would sit down, take stock of the current damage and share with us a comprehensive list of all the most severe known issues (say top 100) they're aware of and that they're working on a fix for.

Right now nobody knows whether something is by design, a bug, whether FDev are even aware of the problem, or whether we're wasting time getting annoyed about stuff that they already have a fix in the pipeline for.

Not only would this provide some reassurance that they "got this" and calm tempers a bit, but it would also save players the effort of having to raise multiple issues on the issue tracker, which I'm sure also means additional work for Frontier support staff. If threads get created for a known issue at least we could link to it rather than wasting time and effort second guessing and theory crafting.

Am I asking for too much here?
Why don't you take a look at the known issues list at the issues submission site?

Deleted member 182079

D
Someone on Reddit already compiled a pretty decent list, albeit from a distinctly negative perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/njko60 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/njko60/players_in_uproar_over_elite_dangerous_odysseys/

You'd think Fdev would have compiled something similar and started prioritizing them by severity - so they can have a roadmap of approximately when players can expect those problems to be resolved. OTOH... shrug.
That's kind of my point here - I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth than someone who's external to the company. People can compile all sorts of lists, if those don't align with Frontier's list then what's the point in putting all that effort in (unless Frontier read those posts, and I honestly doubt it - they'll focus on the issue tracker and perhaps some high profile problems raised on the forums).

They probably have, but you’re having a laugh if you think FDev will ever communicate that to the fan base.

Yeah it would be nice to see that big orange post with the list Frontier are committed to fixing next, the lack of communication hurts them and us, if they told us what they are currently trying to fix it would help the player base be more patient i think and reduce a lot of the anger and frustration. Some of it at least.

Deleted member 182079

D
Why don't you take a look at the known issues list at the issues submission site?
Those are player submitted reports, I want to hear from Frontier what they have on their radar and what they're actively working on.

They should be a bit more proactive here than they are usually because their product is currently on fire, and not in a good way.

Those are player submitted reports, I want to hear from Frontier what they have on their radar and what they're actively working on.

They should be a bit more proactive here than they are usually because their product is currently on fire, and not in a good way.
If the issue is marked confirmed it's at least an acknowledgement that they see what you see. I agree that it's not a response at this point.

Don't expect anything than damage reduction at the moment.

Top Bottom