Dear Frontier, PLEASE come up with a comprehensive Known Issues list

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date
I just think it would go a long way if Frontier would sit down, take stock of the current damage and share with us a comprehensive list of all the most severe known issues (say top 100) they're aware of and that they're working on a fix for.

Right now nobody knows whether something is by design, a bug, whether FDev are even aware of the problem, or whether we're wasting time getting annoyed about stuff that they already have a fix in the pipeline for.

Not only would this provide some reassurance that they "got this" and calm tempers a bit, but it would also save players the effort of having to raise multiple issues on the issue tracker, which I'm sure also means additional work for Frontier support staff. If threads get created for a known issue at least we could link to it rather than wasting time and effort second guessing and theory crafting.

Am I asking for too much here?
I would guess that there will be some bugs that would be game breaking to try and address? Maybe some would cause more problems for the majority whilst only pleasing a minority? Who knows... Does make you wonder when looking at some of the older problems.

The ranters don't read other people's posts, and fdev are really bad at keeping lists up to date. I'd like it for those of us who are sane, but the rest would just keep spamming their personal bug-bears and design requests.

and these threads are not spam? I have seen for years you ask the same things to fdev .... did something or any of these threads work so far from "sane" people? 🤣
You waste your time as much as those who complain,or do you not remember the last balance pass?

anyway, another useless thread.

Deleted member 182079

D
and these threads are not spam? I have seen for years you ask the same things to fdev .... did something or any of these threads work so far from "sane" people? 🤣
You waste your time as much as those who complain,or do you not remember the last balance pass?

anyway, another useless thread.
Well, thanks for bumping it regardless 🤭 even if it's with a useless post, but beggars can't be choosers.

If the CM isn't given any information to say.. I'm not surprised they haven't been able to say anything. this is a management issue more than anything else.
I believe this is true sadly and they are to be pitied, if they are given nothing to say and are clearly not the ones taking the decisions it puts them on an incredibly sticky wicket but their job is to be an interface between the player base and the company. I'm sure they are giving plenty of our feedback going into the company, the problem is that we are not being given much coming out of the company and i don't believe that is their fault at all!

I really like Arf, i think he would tell us if he could to be honest.

I would guess that there will be some bugs that would be game breaking to try and address? Maybe some would cause more problems for the majority whilst only pleasing a minority? Who knows... Does make you wonder when looking at some of the older problems.
If you want to help, I guess you could just play and if a problem arises, submit an issue ticket. Attach your log and describe in detail.
I guess that may be better than to provoke issues by force. Because it distorts the importance.

Deleted member 182079

D
If you want to help, I guess you could just play and if a problem arises, submit an issue ticket. Attach your log and describe in detail.
I guess that may be better than to provoke issues by force. Because it distorts the importance.
People did that during the Alpha, and look where we are. Issues are even affecting Horizons now so we're actually going backwards in terms of the state of Elite as a whole.

So I'm not sure whether 'stiff upper lip and soldier on with testing duties' is the right message for players now. Fool me once and all that. Frontier needs to own this.

But if you want to volunteer again, by all means it's your free time not mine - good luck and enjoy.

It's a really sad reality that bad press and shouting the loudest seem to get the most done. I don't know if that's the case but you can see it correlate and so it drives the player base to react like this on the forums, we all turn into vein-bulging, mouth gaping, blind crying fledgling birds, making the most noise next to our noisy sibling all crying for the attention of the morsel giver and competing with each other as if our little featherless lives depended on it.

Would be so much nicer if wer weren't in this nest. I believe better communication from Frontier would help.

People did that during the Alpha, and look where we are. Issues are even affecting Horizons now so we're actually going backwards in terms of the state of Elite as a whole.

So I'm not sure whether 'stiff upper lip and soldier on with testing duties' is the right message for players now. Fool me once and all that. Frontier needs to own this.

But if you want to volunteer again, by all means it's your free time not mine - good luck and enjoy.
Yes I will. Because I want the game to work.

Top Bottom