COMPLETED CG Deliver Rarities for Azimuth Event (Rares)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So will we have to wait until end of bounty CG to get weapons? I managed to deliver 2,5k of rum, got into top 25%, so I'm waiting for this AX weapons to start trying killing thargoids. Never did it before!
And don't forget to complete CG! Don't know is it already possible or not yet. And happy thargoid hunting!

This finished a bit too fast, i was in the top 50% last Sunday, but then real life and work came along.
Now i am at 75%, so still one gun, i hope it makes a difference.
Well, it was fun to do.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
This finished a bit too fast, i was in the top 50% last Sunday, but then real life and work came along.
Now i am at 75%, so still one gun, i hope it makes a difference.
Well, it was fun to do.
Predicting how well a CG goes can't be easy and while some don't reach completion, others like this one finish early! The closest one I remember doing was Bring back the Bourbon. A very fun smuggling CG! :LOL:

What a joke, A puny weapon gets a puny upgrade, Dumvelopment strikes again, waste of time and energy, for crying out loud give us some Defensive C6/7/8 Hull and Module Reinforcement, to balance our ships!

What a joke, A puny weapon gets a puny upgrade, Dumvelopment strikes again, waste of time and energy, for crying out loud give us some Defensive C6/7/8 Hull and Module Reinforcement, to balance our ships!
Whether the upgrade is puny I don't know, but with Glaives around the AX gimbal multicannon is a key feature of any balanced AX build.

Previous stats:
1689882540682.png

New pre-engineered stats:

1689882444017.png

Not hugely different?

It could be more about the breach damage, I.e. module damage which in the case of Interceptors would be the hearts.
Each of the standard vs the enhanced show a distinct increase. This may be the key to the effectiveness of the weapons on higher ranks of Interceptors. That requires testing.

It could be more about the breach damage, I.e. module damage which in the case of Interceptors would be the hearts.
Interceptors don't really work like that. Their hull has armor, and the hearts also have armor. This is why gauss cannons are still the king weapon for taking them out.
This module was supposed to make hearts a bit more feasible for AXMCs (i.e. gimballed users) but apparently not.

This module was supposed to make hearts a bit more feasible for AXMCs (i.e. gimballed users) but apparently not.
I feel like my main problem with hearts is hitting them when the interceptor is moving/far away and not low damage due to armor piercing.

Does throwing sturdy on Advanced MultiCannons and switching them to AX damage actually help?

I feel like my main problem with hearts is hitting them when the interceptor is moving/far away and not low damage due to armor piercing.
The falloff starts at 2 km, so you need to stay close. If you do, a pair of the large MCs, both the enhanced and the new ones, shred a Cyclops heart in seconds. Basilisk hearts still go quickly, but with those I have issues to stay in range. Back when they were a thing I also managed to take out Medusa hearts with said pair at planetary CZs where they have no swarms, but it took a lot of rounds. Hydra hearts - not so much, I think.

The biggest issue you have with the MCs is exerting. On a Cyclops - pssh. Basilisk - again, not so much. I have not yet managed to exert a single heart with my Krait layout - two large, two medium, one large TV beam. Maybe it works if I swap the classes of the laser and one medium, but I have not done that yet, and I like the cooling laser on top in the middle. Anyway, I have unloaded four full magazines into Basilisks close up on multiple occasions to no effect. I have not yet encountered a Basilisk with the new ones, but my gut tells me it is not much better.

For me, the best use case for the MCs is in tandem with something stronger. For my Krait that is a pair of large MCs together with a pair of Gauss Cannons. That's a very well balanced mix for Scouts, Cyclopses, probably Basilisks and maybe Glaives (although the Gauss Cannons will, worst case, melt).

Interceptors don't really work like that. Their hull has armor, and the hearts also have armor. This is why gauss cannons are still the king weapon for taking them out.
Do you have the armour values. I am always interested in the thought processes. If they are just armour then that doesn't make sense.

The hearts are an item, hidden until exerted, whether they are an engine or power supply or whatever. Like modules on a human craft have 'armour' or integrity 🤔, they are however distinct and that's why they are targettable.

This makes them in game parlance 'modules' and also why Thargoid weapons have breach values. Otherwise why add them if there was nothing to hit other than a straightforward hp debuff....

Hydra hearts - not so much, I think.
When I did planetary AXCZ the EAXMCs seemed to be the actual best option in open with many commanders with constantly switching aggro where it's hard to get reliable hits in consistently with fixed shorter range weapons, but the MCs will do consistent damage and eventually whittle down the heart faster than missing several times with shards due to random factors.

It relies on other commanders to exert and feels more like a low effort support/damage over time role than pure DPS, if there weren't enough players to enable this and it ended up with people just shooting beams at it waiting for something to happen I'd switch back to my shard conda and end it.

Do you have the armour values. I am always interested in the thought processes. If they are just armour then that doesn't make sense.

The hearts are an item, hidden until exerted, whether they are an engine or power supply or whatever. Like modules on a human craft have 'armour' or integrity 🤔, they are however distinct and that's why they are targettable.

This makes them in game parlance 'modules' and also why Thargoid weapons have breach values. Otherwise why add them if there was nothing to hit other than a straightforward hp debuff....
Breach damage still plays a part but is scaled by armor piercing divided by target armor rating (the same as hull damage). Chance of breach is irrelevant, if you hit the heart it will take damage (even if it's a miniscule amount due to low armor piercing) which is different from how human modules are treated.

Breach damage still plays a part but is scaled by armor piercing divided by target armor rating (the same as hull damage). Chance of breach is irrelevant, if you hit the heart it will take damage (even if it's a miniscule amount due to low armor piercing) which is different from how human modules are treated.
Breach damage is not irrelevant it is the only way that modules receive damage - its part of the damage modelling within Elite Dangerous. AS it is possible to destroy an interceptor without hitting or damaging a heart then they are 'modules' and the damage is from the 'breach damage' and the chance of breach become a major factor, see below.

From another commanders investigation of FDEV's collision model:

This was worked out a long time ago, and is a fundamental flow chart. Hence if the changes to the Azimuth weapons relates to breach damage and/or breach chance (unlikely, but cannons did have a 60-90% originally). The breach damage are increased on the 'normal' enhanced AX Multi Cannons compared with the original AX Multicannons'.

If these changes are significant and I haven't checked yet then this may give the damage required to exert/destroy hearts from Basilisk and above.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom