Development Update 3 - August

^^ This very much! ^^
And if I have two NPC crew, I want to be able to deploy BOTH of them simultaneously in SLFs.
In fact, if I have three NPC crew members, I want all THREE of them in their very own SLFs.
Yes, I want 3 SLFs buzzing around me everywhere causing all sorts of chaos, mayhem and destruction!
Now that's fun!
o7

There is no ship that can deploy 3 Slf at once.
And you cannot have more than one NPC flying a SLF at any given time - and for a good reason i'd say.
You can however have 2 friends joining you in multicrew and launch both slf or an npc and a multicrew player

Making the visual state (not design) dependent on the industry rather than the BGS state is yet another strange design decision that makes me wonder whether Frontier still resides in the Milky Way.

Space stations interior layouts are working the same way - they're dependent on economy type (high-tech, extraction, industrial, agriculture etc), why concourse should be different when it's essentially in the same station and you can look through the windows and see the inside of the said station.

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
If a player supports the opposition how far does he have to stay or land not to be attacked by the turrets?
Will the turrets attack also the pc/npc transpoters when they deploy reinforcements?

Thanks very much for reenabling AMD CAS...👍👍👍

There are still many paintjob in EDO that are totally wrong or ugly. Some are paid content. The issue tracker with its need for 10 confimations impede that most of these report's get confirmed. Many just expire before 9 other players confirm... so the effort to open and write a precise issue is just wasted time... as the problem is known i suggest the support opens a new issue after every patch where players can add the problematic paintjobs, to track how many still need corrections.

Last edited:
Space stations interior layouts are working the same way - they're dependent on economy type (high-tech, extraction, industrial, agriculture etc), why concourse should be different when it's essentially in the same station and you can look through the windows and see the inside of the said station.
Their equipment is dependent on economy type, yes, but things like keeping up maintanence and sanitation, law enforcement cracking down - that sort of thing; One would think those would be dependent on political stability and the strength of the economy, more than the economy type.

Their equipment is dependent on economy type, yes, but things like keeping up maintanence and sanitation, law enforcement cracking down - that sort of thing; One would think those would be dependent on political stability and the strength of the economy, more than the economy type.

Not convinced. There are dozens of BGS states, some of them lasting only 2 days, while the economy is fixed and there is a handful of them.

So if anything, the concourse should match the economy in the first place - and eventually have hints of certain state types (positives, negatives) in the form of maybe certain lights or a panel placed in a visible place with BGS details.
Still it's rather farfetched.

But who knows, maybe later on when they will run out of things to fix/improve? (as in... never?)

Deleted member 182079

D
Maybe I didn't word it clearly enough - what I mean is, why would they assume that there's more garbage and litter lying around in an agriculture/industrial station?

Visit a car manufacturing plant in 2021, you could probably eat off the floor in those judging by how tidy and clean they tend to look like. And agriculture, would you buy your steak from a farm that is littered with empty pizza boxes and tubes on the floor?

It makes zero sense. Unless they mean dirt/grime, but then they should've said that because that's quite something else.

Maybe I didn't word it clearly enough - what I mean is, why would they assume that there's more garbage and litter lying around in an agriculture/industrial station?

Visit a car manufacturing plant in 2021, you could probably eat off the floor in those judging by how tidy and clean they tend to look like. And agriculture, would you buy your steak from a farm that is littered with empty pizza boxes and tubes on the floor?

It makes zero sense. Unless they mean dirt/grime, but then they should've said that because that's quite something else.

that doesnt make any sense indeed - i somehow missunderstood it's about bgs states and not about the litter on the floor.
I can only assume they got mixed responses - some liked the floors clean and other them littered...
And that's one way to make everyone happy (or none at all)

Deleted member 182079

D
that doesnt make any sense indeed - i somehow missunderstood it's about bgs states and not about the litter on the floor.
I can only assume they got mixed responses - some liked the floors clean and other them littered...
And that's one way to make everyone happy (or none at all)
To me what would make sense is to see litter and broken stuff in anarchies (sort of), but certainly in times of civil unrest, economic bust, etc. i.e. where people stop caring about a tidy environment. You could have soldiers on patrol during war, booths in the concourse shuttered (i.e. disabled for use) during the more severe states, graffiti, the dodgy NPC mission givers disappear in the more positive states, NPCs begging for credits/food (with an INF/REP bonus?) during famine, red warning boards to "remain at home" during lockdown etc. etc. (edit I keep adding to these because this stuff writes itself... they already have the various scenarios made up as part of the BGS states).

I do wish they had some artistic licence and vision left in them to not rely on the playerbase for ideas and suggestions so much. Other devs seem to be capable of churning out impressive and fun content all on their own, but Frontier seems to have lost their touch somehow.

What also grinds my gears is the lighting comments in the OP but I also noticed the same gist in previous posts/stream comments - as if they thought everything was fine and dandy to begin with and they only implemented some fixes (poorly, in the case of cockpit lighting at least) because of some community moaning and complaining.

I find it all quite deflating tbh because to me it suggests that unless a sufficient number of people make noise by raising tickets and pinging/chasing DM's here they will not lift a finger (I jest but only a little).

Last edited by a moderator:
To me what would make sense is to see litter and broken stuff in anarchies (sort of), but certainly in times of civil unrest, economic bust, etc. i.e. where people stop caring about a tidy environment. You could have soldiers on patrol during war, booths in the concourse shuttered (i.e. disabled for use) during the more severe states, graffiti, the dodgy NPC mission givers disappear in the more positive states, NPCs begging for credits/food (with an INF/REP bonus?) during famine, red warning boards to "remain at home" during lockdown etc. etc. (edit I keep adding to these because this stuff writes itself... they already have the various scenarios made up as part of the BGS states).

I do wish they had some artistic licence and vision left in them to not rely on the playerbase for ideas and suggestions so much. Other devs seem to be capable of churning out impressive and fun content all on their own, but Frontier seems to have lost their touch somehow.

What also grinds my gears is the lighting comments in the OP but I also noticed the same gist in previous posts/stream comments - as if they thought everything was fine and dandy to begin with and they only implemented some fixes (poorly, in the case of cockpit lighting at least) because of some community moaning and complaining.

I find it all quite deflating tbh because to me it suggests that unless a sufficient number of people make noise by raising tickets and pinging/chasing DM's here they will not lift a finger (I jest but only a little).

Maybe in the future.
Now they are pressured to fix EDO while not delaying the Consoles way too much. I still hope we get EDO on consoles this FY... that no late than May 2022

Like this? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...unity-in-game-for-decals.588208/#post-9466669

Like that!
What frustrates and quite frankly surprises me is.....why did (where FD can and have done some amazing art) did they not do stuff like this? Why did they not on day one, with that empty planning whiteboard think "hmm, this could bring a lot together". Sadly I'm going to have to "feedback" (i.e. complain) FD went for the most minimal expression possible- and from two years of work its a right letdown that only now is being fiddled with.

Deleted member 182079

D
What frustrates and quite frankly surprises me is.....why did (where FD can and have done some amazing art) did they not do stuff like this? Why did they not on day one, with that empty planning whiteboard think "hmm, this could bring a lot together". Sadly I'm going to have to "feedback" (i.e. complain) FD went for the most minimal expression possible- and from two years of work its a right letdown that only now is being fiddled with.
I often wonder if ED is the unwanted stepchild IP at FDev these days that nobody wants to work on. I don't see any spark, fire, excitement in any of the previous dev streams incl the ones pre-Alpha. Just bored faces going through the motions. It sure shows in the product at least.

I often wonder if ED is the unwanted stepchild IP at FDev these days that nobody wants to work on. I don't see any spark, fire, excitement in any of the previous dev streams incl the ones pre-Alpha. Just bored faces going through the motions. It sure shows in the product at least.
I feel that exact lack of joy too these days. My pet theory is that FD made a giant mistake going KS and became beholden to backers, and then bit off too much going GaaS (which is the only GaaS game FD does- everything else is self contained).

Top Bottom