Did The Mining Nerf Already Hit?

Having read about the (alleged) forthcoming nerf to deep core mining profits and the dawning realisation it's going to take months of normal trading to clear the @600 million credits from Tycoon to Elite for Trade, decided to refit my T10 and head out to the pristines.

With the cargo capacity of the T10 I wanted to stay out over several sessions to fill the hold but figured could do without the hassle of dealing with the AI pirate that inevitably spawns when you relog at Bubble locations. So headed out into the Black about 200 LY from the Bubble, somewhere in the Col 285 sector. All set up and started scanning and lo and behold, up pops the comms box and "Anything interesting in your hold?" Okay the first interdiction is always harmless as you have an empty ship, but subsequent ones won't be. I do have some defensive capability on the ship but can't help but think, hang on this is probably a system that hasn't seen a "live" player in days or weeks so why out of the blue would a pirate suddenly pop up?

How far from the Bubble do I need to go before this no longer an issue and I can just quietly get on with some rock bursting?

In addition, I detail scanned three sets of rings two of which were shown as pristine from the FSS and none returned any hotspots, not even for the cheap stuff.

So maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks like a bit of nerfing or increasing the difficulty/convenience of DC mining may already have taken place behind the scenes.

Deleted member 182079

D
A) there is no 'nerf', the change will impact prices in markets based on supply/demand (as it should've been from the get go, and which afaik is already in place for all the non-premium commodities)
B) The issue with facing pirates far out is not new, I've had this happen during an explorer PAX mission (which I then failed as I got scanned, explorer didn't like it and ejected) - that was maybe 1000ly outside the bubble.
C) hot spots don't happen automatically just because of pristine resources. It's dependent on a case by case for each planet/ring.

I tested my new mining Krait last night, in a system 2 jumps away from ShinDez (no, not Delkar!) with only 'common' resource levels, I came across various hotspots including a LTD one. In it, I found in quick succession 2 void opal, 1 Brommelite and 2 LTD rocks. Whenever I actively hunt rocks with a specific commodity (say, VOpals in a VOpal hotspot), the game seems to be able to read my mind and give me the 'computer says no' treatment...

Last edited by a moderator:
How far from the Bubble do I need to go before this no longer an issue and I can just quietly get on with some rock bursting?
When it comes to NPC spawning in the Void, I'm not sure about the range, but I would say something about 500LY (maybe 300?) - but important part is that it's not from the Bubble, but from nearest human outpost, which makes them spawn pretty far from the Bubble, as there are numerous stations built around it in almost all directions.

A) there is no 'nerf', the change will impact prices in markets based on supply/demand (as it should've been from the get go, and which afaik is already in place for all the non-premium commodities)
B) The issue with facing pirates far out is not new, I've had this happen during an explorer PAX mission (which I then failed as I got scanned, explorer didn't like it and ejected) - that was maybe 1000ly outside the bubble.
C) hot spots don't happen automatically just because of pristine resources. It's dependent on a case by case for each planet/ring.

I tested my new mining Krait last night, in a system 2 jumps away from ShinDez (no, not Delkar!) with only 'common' resource levels, I came across various hotspots including a LTD one. In it, I found in quick succession 2 void opal, 1 Brommelite and 2 LTD rocks. Whenever I actively hunt rocks with a specific commodity (say, VOpals in a VOpal hotspot), the game seems to be able to read my mind and give me the 'computer says no' treatment...
So basically, a nerf? 😉😉😉😉

I guess there will be a fair share of front running so it will look like that for the highest price seekers.
and as soon as that runs out those high-priced seekers are going to find the next high price and then after that and then after that until they're worth as much as bio-waste everywhere.

because any Nerf is always an over Nerf at first because that's all Devs know how to do opinion

Only to find there is no demand left ANYWHERE because its already been reached, EVERYWHERE

Wow it's almost like an economy. Whatever will the evil masterminds at FDev do next?

This is the game in 2020 - toys leaving prams because people might not be able to earn 200m+ an hour.

Someone should make a thread on the suggestions forum for an interface update. Introduce two new buttons labelled 'credits' and 'mats'. Pressing the first one gives you 100m credits, pressing the second one tops all your materials off at full capacity. In fact no, someone would complain about having to press the button - better just give everybody a billion credits and a full mset of mats every time they log in.

and as soon as that runs out those high-priced seekers are going to find the next high price and then after that and then after that until they're worth as much as bio-waste everywhere.

because any Nerf is always an over Nerf at first because that's all Devs know how to do opinion

Balaning gameplay is like a pendulum. It tends to always strike out in the opposite direction. With hopefully ever smaller strokes.

Wow it's almost like an economy. Whatever will the evil masterminds at FDev do next?

This is the game in 2020 - toys leaving prams because people might not be able to earn 200m+ an hour.

Someone should make a thread on the suggestions forum for an interface update. Introduce two new buttons labelled 'credits' and 'mats'. Pressing the first one gives you 100m credits, pressing the second one tops all your materials off at full capacity. In fact no, someone would complain about having to press the button - better just give everybody a billion credits and a full mset of mats every time they log in.
No need to attack these arent feelings of being upset. Just predictions.

Top Bottom