Did The Mining Nerf Already Hit?

Interesting discussion - thanks.

Moral of story seems to be get my mining done sooner rather than later, if I want to get maximum benefit from the deep core stuff. After the nerf hits, might as well just chip off water and other low rent stuff with the laser.

Just doing some looking around first... looks definitively like stations in the CL/Inv/PA combination which don't usually import Void Opals (my check system) have next to no demand (1 unit of demand is considered high), meaning their sale price is =~ 300k. That was an extraction economy, which isn't an importer of Voipals.

Updating more as I find it.

EDIT: So, just checked out a Tourism site, where Voipals are an import, zero demand (and looks like lots player activity) and it's =~ 600k
1579008199945.png

So, think it's fair to say the bottom-rung is 600k... which is still nothing to sniff at compared to any other activity in the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Just doing some looking around first... looks definitively like stations in the CL/Inv/PA combination which don't usually import Void Opals (my check system) have next to no demand (1 unit of demand is considered high), meaning their sale price is =~ 300k. That was an extraction economy, which isn't an importer of Voipals.

Updating more as I find it.

EDIT: So, just checked out a Tourism site, where Voipals are an import, zero demand (and looks like lots player activity) and it's =~ 600k
View attachment 158732
Still getting my head around these zero demand prices... I realise it's a game but... If nobody wants to buy your Warez shouldn't price be also zero?

Lol.... so... just went to a Refinery which is in Boom/CL/PA, so not peak conditions. Refineries import Voipals and, well....
1579008691987.png

Have FD actually just applied this change to only the Inv/CL/PA markets??

Edit: anyways, work day so need to hit the sack, but so far thats:
  • 300k for non-import economy, even when there's "high" demand
  • 600k for an import economy in Inv/PA/CL and 0 demand
  • 1.4m for an import economy in Boom/PA/CL and 0 demand
That last one feels like a bug...

Well, just did a Painite run and made just over half of what I made yesterday.
On the one hand, I'm glad that I started the game just in time to make a ton of money under the goldrush conditions.
On the other hand, I could bite myself in the bum that I didn't grind to Elite Trader in the last couple of days and be done with it. Now the rest of the way is gonna take at least twice as long. I don't really need the money as such anymore, I just want the rank for access to Jameson.
But I'll manage. ^^

Well, just did a Painite run and made just over half of what I made yesterday.
Hyades Sector DB-X d1-112 still has systems buying painite for over 700K just <80Ly so can't be many people doing the mining at this time of day...
This is when the nerf will happen Only at popular play times... if when you play is not popular play time prices of listed sale locations won't drop quick..

Edit whats likely to happen is more people will just be forced to ethier carry a fuel scoop or visit a station near a mining location to collect fuel scoop on the way back this is were the extra time per run will be forcing more jumps to a longer distance system..

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
I wonder if markets require a few ticks, and player action, to see a difference. Even though seeing commodities at zero demand and max achievable prices isn't very encouraging.

Currently sitting at Obsidian Orbital, and many of the premium commodities have zero (or close to zero) demand and hover around the 300-400k mark per ton. Still makes as much sense to me as before the supposed changes.

Interesting thought, the price fluctuations being dependent on time of day / server activity. So I suppose for Europe the morning hours will be best. American players probably have a harder time finding a good spot.

Hyades Sector DB-X d1-112 still has systems buying painite for over 700K just <80Ly so can't be many people doing the mining at this time of day...
This is when the nerf will happen Only at popular play times... if when you play is not popular play time prices of listed sale locations won't drop quick..

Edit whats likely to happen is more people will just be forced to ethier carry a fuel scoop or visit a station near a mining location to collect fuel scoop on the way back this is were the extra time per run will be forcing more jumps to a longer distance system..

That just sounds to me like the Krait Phantom and Anaconda will be king of this new era, given their jump range.

Other things I wish to mention:
  • There's been reports of pirates at Beagle Point. Pretty certain you can't escape them. Someone should try Oevasy SG-Y d0 just to watch an FDL somehow get there (82.68 LY jump required).
  • The economy changes won't kick in straight away. When the miners all rush to one location, then the prices will drop.

Top Bottom