Dinosaurs Dinosaur Wishlist Mega Thread

Plesiosaurus

Xiphactinus

Knowing what the roster for the Return to Jurassic Park DLC will be, thanks to BestInSlot’s early gameplay video, I can now freely say what more dinosaurs I would like to suggest for more potential 3+ Dino Pack DLCs if planned and decided!
(Now, the way I’m going to showcase the 3+ Dino Pack suggestions below is in a similar fashion as to how the other were made regarding the species locations. Each one in the past in the three previous dino packs is from a different continent rather than having more than one in one, in their announcement trailer videos. There is an exception to one of them, however, but by doing that exception, two species would be placed in the same continent but will be from different areas from that one continent.)

Jurassic Dinosaur Pack

1. Segisaurus (North America): A small little theropod only known from incomplete remains.
(This is a dinosaur confirmed to be present in the film series. Not only does it appear in the in-universe DPG species list, it also appears in the JP brochures for the first film. Even cooler, because both Proceratosaurus and Herrerasaurus from the Carnivore Dinosaur Pack can be accessible to you in the Return to Jurassic Park DLC campaign if you have that dino pack, both of which were also present in the JP brochures, the inclusion of the Segisaurus from a DLC can help complete the original park’s film series roster!)

2. (Below, I have two options on what can be a second dinosaur to be in the pack)
A: Lesothosaurus (Africa): A tiny ornithischian dinosaur.
(This is another species confirmed to be in the film series, accordingly to the official DPC species list. But, of course, “maybe” this would probably mean a new kind of Paleobotany category for it, if that detail is planned and decided.)

B: Scelidosaurus (Europe): A unique kind of “armored” herbivore that is thought be both quadrupedal and bipedal.
(Again, this might mean some kind of new Paleobotany category for it, “maybe”.)

3. (Of course, no Jurassic period themed pack feels complete without some kind of sauropod 🦕. Here, I have three choices that could work for thecthird and final dino of this suggested conceptual pack.)

A: Europasaurus (Europe): A dwarf sized sauropod, smaller than the Nigersaurus in-game.
(If this is decided, then the Scelidosaurus above would be out of the picture for this conceptual DLC.)

B: Shunosaurus (Asia): A mid-sized sauropod with a spiked clubbed tail.
(I can see this dinosaur as like the sauropod equivalent to the Iguanodon, in which it can fight back “small” large carnivores, while being completely vulnerable to be instantly killed by “big” large carnivores and the Indoraptor.)

C: Barosaurus (Africa): A gigantic sauropod that is thought to have a horizontal stance like Diplodocus.
(Now, Barosaurus is no longer believed to have been discovered in Africa, and only in North America. However, if you look at some of the dinosaurs in the game like Parasaurolophus and Ceratosaurus for example, their fossils in-game can be found in other formations on other continents, the former being placed in a formation where no officially described para fossils are known to be at in a real-world perspective. The Barosaurus could very well do the same where their fossils can be found both in Africa, like they once were thought to be in the past, and in North America. On a side note, this would mean the Lesothosaurus above would be disregarded for the conceptual DLC. Also, to make it feel more unique from the other “long-sauropods” in-game, maybe they could be portrayed as being more colorful and more brightly detailed than the other “long-sauropods”, something almost like this restoration of it that I found on the internet below.)

Triassic Dinosaur Pack

1. Coelophysis (North America): Small carnivores that were once thought to have irrefutable evidence of the species exhibiting cannibalism.

2. Plateosaurus (Europe): A prosauropod with a bipedal stance.
(Being a prosauropod itself, it could either have the same Paleobotany group as the sauropods, or maybe it could have a Paleobotany group of its own for prosauropods.)

3. (For this last one, I’m going to show off three possible inclusions for this conceptual DLC, one of which is the exception I mentioned above.)

A: Staurikosaurus (South America): A smaller relative of the Herrerasaurus.

B: Saturnalia (Africa): A really tiny primitive sauropodomorph.

(Its Paleobotany debate would be the same as the Plateosaurus above.)

And now, for the exception in regards to locations (especially for a potential trailer video) I’ve hinted above, if such colossal but extremely good reasonable liberties go into this direction...

C: Dimetrodon (North America): Although a non-dinosaur itself and the fact it never lived along side dinosaurs or even at any time during the Triassic period, it’s still a popular view as a contemporary.
(This thing was featured as a diorama creature in the Fallen Kingdom movie, and while it was intended to be a fake restoration of a statue, it was later expanded to be a taxidermist specimen. It may not be a Triassic animal, but it did live one period away from it and it’s possibly the only non-dinosaur and Permian animal that could fill this third gap to make the dinosaur species from this conceptual pack more diverse and unique as there aren’t too many known Triassic dinosaurs that could make the pack feel more exiting.)

Last edited:
Jurassic Dinosaur Pack
1. Segisaurus (North America)
(Below, I have two options on what can be a second dinosaur to be in the pack)
A: Lesothosaurus (Africa)

B: Scelidosaurus (Europe)
3. (Of course, no Jurassic period themed pack feels complete without some kind of sauropod 🦕. Here, I have three choices that could work for thecthird and final dino of this suggested conceptual pack.)
A: Europasaurus (Europe)
B: Shunosaurus (Asia)
C: Barosaurus (Africa)

Triassic Dinosaur Pack
1. Coelophysis (North America)
2. Plateosaurus (Europe)
3. (For this last one, I’m going to show off three possible inclusions for this conceptual DLC, one of which is the exception I mentioned above.)

A: Staurikosaurus (South America)
B: Saturnalia (Africa)

And now, for the exception in regards to locations (especially for a potential trailer video) I’ve hinted above, if such colossal but extremely good reasonable liberties go into this direction...
C: Dimetrodon (North America)

As you might imagine, someone with a mildly scientific background like myself kind of has to object to the Dimetrodon as a Triassic Pack candidate, for the obvious temporal reason, but also for the reason that Triassic non-dinosaurs probably should be considered before that point (there's quite a bit to choose from). I know Dimetrodon is canon, I just don't feel this particular situation is the right one for it.

Last edited:
As you might imagine, someone with a mildly scientific background like myself kind of has to object to the Dimetrodon as a Triassic Pack candidate, for the obvious temporal reason, but also for the reason that Triassic non-dinosaurs probably should be considered before that point (there's quite a bit to choose from). I know Dimetrodon is canon, I just don't feel this particular situation is the right one for it.
(This is no discussion thread, but I'm gonna put this hear anyway.)

I understand your objection, but in my defense, Dimetrodon is the only non-dinosaur that is often classified as a "dinosaur" by the general public culture like with pterosaurs or marine reptiles. The other non-dinosaur Triassic reptiles like the Postosuchus or Dicynodonts for example aren't really that publicly viewed to be called as "dinosaurs". The Dimetrodon fits that group in my opinion because of its publicly erroneous classification as a "dinosaur" to the general public. The others I see as being more appropriate for something else, especially these are only meant to be "Dino" Dinosaur Packs.

I'd like to see more raptor species in the future, since we currently only have Velociraptor and Deinonychus. I'd specifically really love to have a pack of big mean Utahraptor in my parks some day!

Cloned animals appeared in both the novels and films (Live appearances, diorama, hologram, skeleton, and/or mention only)

Alamosaurus
Brontosaurus
Concavenator
Agujaceratops
Kosmoceratops
Teratophoneus
Mononykus
Dimorphodon
Microceratus
Mussaurus
Ornithiolestes

Segisaurus
Coelurus
Callovosaurus
Cearadactylus

Last edited:
Film Canon:
  • Coelurus
  • Deinosuchus
  • Dimorphodon
  • Elaphrosaurus
  • Geosternbergia
  • Hadrosaurus
  • Hoplitosaurus
  • Lesothosaurus
  • Microceratus
  • Mosasaurus
  • Nipponosaurus
  • Pachycephalosaur hybrid (Seen on computer screen in Jurassic World.)
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Peloroplites
  • Plesiosaurus
  • Pycnonemosaurus
  • Quilmesaurus
  • Rugops
  • Segisaurus
  • Teratophoneus
  • Therizinosaur hybrid (Seen on computer screen in Jurassic World.)
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Tylosaurus
  • Viavenator
Novel Canon:
  • Cearadactylus
  • Hypsilophodon
  • Meganeura
  • Mussaurus
  • Nanosaurus (formerly known as Othnielia)
  • Ornitholestes
  • Procompsognathus
Cut JPOG Dinosaurs:
  • Alioramus
  • Ornithomimus
  • Panoplosaurus
  • Tenontosaurus
  • Thescelosaurus
  • Wuerhosaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus
Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous Animals (If the Primal Attack line is indeed supposed to be representative of animals that will appear in the Netflix series):
  • Callovosaurus
  • Cryolophosaurus
  • Gasosaurus
  • Postosuchus
  • Sarcosuchus
  • Siats
  • Tarbosaurus
Other Animals:
  • Alamosaurus
  • Amphicoelias
  • Arrhinoceratops
  • Betasuchus
  • Centrosaurus
  • Coelophysis
  • Dromaeosaurus
  • Dryptosaurus
  • Edmontonia
  • Genyodectes
  • Indosaurus
  • Indosuchus
  • Megalosaurus
  • Ornithocheirus
  • Poekilopleuron
  • Protoceratops
  • Sarcosaurus
  • Stegoceras
  • Streptospondylus
  • Suchosaurus

Last edited:
hey here is a list of cretaceous carnivores

altispinax a theropod dinosaur from early cretaceous in wadhurst clay formation in Sussex in england in 1923

aniksosaurus a theropod dinosaur from late cretaceous in chubut province in Argentina in 1995

aoniraptor a megaraptorian theropod from late cretaceous in huincul formation in Argentina in 2016

appalachiosaurus from late cretaceous in south Carolina in USA in 2005

Updated Dinosaur List

1. Concavenator
2. Cryolophosaurus
3. Monlophosaurus
4. Segisaurus
5. Mononykus
6. Amargasaurus
7. Therizinosaurus
8. Microceratus
9. Protoceratops
10. Psittacosaurus
11. Shunosaurus
12. Plateosaurus
13. Coelophysis
14. Ornitholestes
15. Mussaurus
16. Wuerhosaurus
17. Oviraptor
18. Gigantoraptor
19. Guanlong
20. Torvosaurus

1. Dimorphodon
2. Geosternbergia
3. Tapejara
4. Ornithocheirus
5. Pteinosaurus
6. Hatzegopteryx

1. Elasmosaurus
2. Icthyosaurus
3. Opthalmosaurus
4. Deinosuchus

1. Dimetrodon

Last edited:
since the pteranodon and the aviary have been added, I suggest these pterosaurs, with their respective eating habits, if they will have a feeder or a feeding animation
PTEROSAURS MEGA-PACK

DIMORPHODON
(insectivore-piscivore)
matt-corcoran-jurassicworld-dimorphodon-01.jpg

RHAMPHORHYNCHUS(piscivore-insectivore)
Rhamphorhynchus.jpg

TAPEJARA(frugivore-piscivore)
b0a78d13c836bb76da4a786338bd3ec2.jpg

GEOSTERNERGIA(piscivore)
two-geosternbergia-pterosaurs-fighting-sergey-krasovskiy.jpg

TUPANDACTYLUS(piscivore)
tupandactylus-imperator-a-pterosaur-sergey-krasovskiy.jpg

CEARADACTYLUS(piscivore)
627149_poster_l.jpg

QUETZALCOATLUS(piscivore-carnivore)
quetz3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in love with this game and whenever i have a bad day i start it up and go watch some absolutely adorable Nodosauruses, Brachiosaurs or Herrerasaurs, cheers me up every time! ❤

Anyway, I've looked at some of the request here and I realize I'll look like I'm a kid writing a wish list for santa in comparison to other very detailed and beautiful lists with illustrations and stuff, but please read it, thanks!

• Therizinosaurus ( feathersssss!!! And please make it The Isle/The Stomping Land-like xD it really looks like a naked chicken if you don't give it those long tail-feathers/protofeathers/thingymajingies)

• Yutyrannosaurus(featherrrrsssss!!!!!!)

• Oviraptor/Beibeilong/Anzu (variants of the Oviraptor-family)

• Sinotyrannus/Concavenator (awesome-looking medium carnivores)

• Amargasaurus/Agustinia(sauropods with spines/sails)

• Charonosaurus (basically a parasauruslophus but with a chance to give it a more scientifically accurate sound)

• Shantungosaurus/Magnapaulia (huuuuuge hadrosaurs).

I know plenty of these are already requested and plenty of them are probably not even cannon, but I'd love for the park to be more colorful and full of interesting patterns, shapes and sounds.

Thanks for reading, and hope you have a superb day! :)

I'm in love with this game and whenever i have a bad day i start it up and go watch some absolutely adorable Nodosauruses, Brachiosaurs or Herrerasaurs, cheers me up every time! ❤

Anyway, I've looked at some of the request here and I realize I'll look like I'm a kid writing a wish list for santa in comparison to other very detailed and beautiful lists with illustrations and stuff, but please read it, thanks!

• Therizinosaurus ( feathersssss!!! And please make it The Isle/The Stomping Land-like xD it really looks like a naked chicken if you don't give it those long tail-feathers/protofeathers/thingymajingies)

• Yutyrannosaurus(featherrrrsssss!!!!!!)

• Oviraptor/Beibeilong/Anzu (variants of the Oviraptor-family)

• Sinotyrannus/Concavenator (awesome-looking medium carnivores)

• Amargasaurus/Agustinia(sauropods with spines/sails)

• Charonosaurus (basically a parasauruslophus but with a chance to give it a more scientifically accurate sound)

• Shantungosaurus/Magnapaulia (huuuuuge hadrosaurs).

I know plenty of these are already requested and plenty of them are probably not even cannon, but I'd love for the park to be more colorful and full of interesting patterns, shapes and sounds.

Thanks for reading, and hope you have a superb day! :)
Universal won't let frontier give dinos feathers.

Wishlist:

Ranger Automation: Figured the most balanced approach would be researchable modules that increase automation range, X distance per module, scalable with level of the module. Rangers would repair fences, buildings, refill food for anything in the radius whenever it pops up.

Click zoom navigation: If I click on a red flashy at the top of the screen, it should zoom my screen to that spot.

Full Dinosaur life cycle: Instead of just death after X amount of time, I would like a more complicated system: Dinosaurs are created as male or female (player choice). If your enclosure has both then they will mate and create dinosaur eggs with random amounts and sexes. Dinosaurs can then be born, age, and die within their enclosures.

Better Dinosaur appetites: Herbies can eat park plants rather than requiring food bins (food bins just help with visibility and park attractiveness, maybe Dinosaur happiness as well). Carnies eat much much slower than current rate, in order to better simulate the interactions with herbies and carnies. With the full life cycle and this appetite improvement, a player could theoretically create a stable ecosystem in their cages where the herbies are eaten at about the rate that they produce.

Incubation Center Automation: Even if the above two aren't added, it would be nice to be able to select the target population within your enclosure at your incubation centers and it will automatically fill the enclosure when Dinos die, using your current selection of modifications to that dinosaur. Also the centers will automatically clear off and restart Dinos that don't make it. Have the automation be a toggle so player can decide if they want it on or not.

More realistic Dinosaur escapes: Escaped Herbies should generally just wander around and eat plants unless specifically threatened or scared. In theory, a pack of Herbies could just live on one side of the island without any enclosure, and since they pretty much don't like humans, would just avoid going towards the buildings and crowds. Gyro balls could be tossed through the area if you want park people to be able to get closer to these Dinos.

Top Bottom