Dinosaurs Dinosaur Wishlist Mega Thread

Omnivore Dinosaur Pack

Assuming there will at least one more diet based 3+ dino pack, what could it possibly be and have? Well, the only real diet based DLC that I could think of is an "Omnivore" focused pack, and chances are there would be one from a different continent each. If so, here’s some options of what I think could work out for this hypothetical and conceptual pack idea.

1. Anzu / Chirostenotes (North America) (Food: Ground Plant Feeder & Meat): Both were oviraptorosaur dinosaurs, and probably the most recognizable ones from America. They would eat from the ground herbivore feeders and eat meat from meat dispensers, goats, compies, and small herbivores. This would also mean they would have their own Paleobotany group, which I think would be "Oviraptorosauria".

2. Pelicanimimus (Europe) (Food: Ground Plant Feeder & Fish): An ornithomimosaur with more teeth than most others of its group. It would probably have the same Paleobotany as the ornithomimids because it's related to them, as well as feed from fish feeders for a more authentic touch, as it is speculated that this dinosaur may have fished like a crane.

3. Oviraptor / Gigantoraptor / Deinocheirus (Asia) (Food: Ground Planet Feeder / Tall Herbivore Feeder & Meat / FIsh): Asia has a lot of potential candidates I could find, but the three I listed here I think are more probable.

Oviraptor could have the hypothetical "Oviraptorosauria" Paleobotany I mentioned above, feeding on ground herbivore feeders, while also able to hunt and attack small herbivores and goats, as well as swallowing the Compsognathus. Fighting pachys and fighting or being hunted down by other small carnivores I'm not sure of.

Gigantoraptor would have the same Paleobotany as some of the others above, "Oviraptorosauria", feeding from the ground feeder and/or maybe even the tall herbivore feeder because it's so tall. For meat, it would be able to hunt and kill small herbivores, goats, and the small carnivores as well.

Deinocheirus would have the Paleobotany as the ornithomimids, feeding from the ground feeder and/or maybe the tall feeder since it's huge, as well as feeding from the fish feeder for an authentic touch like with the in-game spinosaurids.

Good idea about the Oviraptor. We wonder how Frontier would classify this dinosaur species and what kind of flora would it favor. If it could kill goats, be wary. If anybody remember Dino Crisis 2, Oviraptor was one of the enemy dinosaurs.

Would Gigantoraptor be too big?

Good idea about the Oviraptor. We wonder how Frontier would classify this dinosaur species and what kind of flora would it favor. If it could kill goats, be wary. If anybody remember Dino Crisis 2, Oviraptor was one of the enemy dinosaurs.

Would Gigantoraptor be too big?

uhm why should it be too big, its just around 5m in height

If only some of these Jurassic World figures could come into the game....

PrimalFTR.jpg

2019amarga.jpg

apitavhod__86613.1577386552.jpg

jwsarcosuchus.jpg

api5qo03c__31963.1576625511.jpg

- Jurassic World Evolution DLCs
-- Eras DLCs (5€)
--- Pre-Dinosaurs Creatures Pack
---- Dimetrodon
---- Scutosaurus
--- Triassic Dinosaur Pack
---- Coelurus
---- Postosuchus
---- Mussaurus
--- Jurassic Dinosaur Pack
---- Callovosaurus
---- Gasosaurus
---- Ornitholestes
-- Diet DLCs (5€)
--- Piscivore Dinosaur Pack
---- Irritator
---- Sarcosuchus
-- Various DLCs (10/15/20€)
--- Owen Grady's DLC
---- Monolophosaurus
---- Protoceratops
---- Tarbosaurus
--- Attractions Focused DLC
---- Concavenator
---- Amargasaurus
---- Crylophosaurus
---- Minmi
--- "Return to JW" DLC
---- Mononykus
---- Pachyrhinosaurus
---- Alioramus
--- Acquatic Creatures Pack
---- Mosasaurus
---- Plesiosaurus
--- Flying Creatures Pack
---- Dimorphodon
---- Quetzalcoatlus
---- Tapejara
---- Rhamphorynchus

- Jurassic World Evolution DLCs
-- Eras DLCs (5€)
--- Pre-Dinosaurs Creatures Pack
---- Dimetrodon
---- Scutosaurus
--- Triassic Dinosaur Pack
---- Coelurus
---- Postosuchus
---- Mussaurus
--- Jurassic Dinosaur Pack
---- Callovosaurus
---- Gasosaurus
---- Ornitholestes
-- Diet DLCs (5€)
--- Piscivore Dinosaur Pack
---- Irritator
---- Sarcosuchus
-- Various DLCs (10/15/20€)
--- Owen Grady's DLC
---- Monolophosaurus
---- Protoceratops
---- Tarbosaurus
--- Attractions Focused DLC
---- Concavenator
---- Amargasaurus
---- Crylophosaurus
---- Minmi
--- "Return to JW" DLC
---- Mononykus
---- Pachyrhinosaurus
---- Alioramus
--- Acquatic Creatures Pack
---- Mosasaurus
---- Plesiosaurus
--- Flying Creatures Pack
---- Dimorphodon
---- Quetzalcoatlus
---- Tapejara
---- Rhamphorynchus

Are you sure that the next expansion DLC will be on Owen Grady?

Since we only have one dinosaur representing the Triassic Period, I say there should be a Triassic Dinosaur Pack. After all since there was a Cretaceous Pack, the only logical ones missing would be Triassic and Jurassic Packs. Being there are so many Jurassic dinosaurs represented, I do hope there is a Triassic Pack. Some ideas as to what a Triassic pack might comprise of,

Coelophysis
1579747551785.png

c6af150a8d46386b948fb5ad64b9f53e.jpg

Plateosaurus
1579747477034.png

Liliensternus
1579747519731.png

Lophostropheus
1579747819090.png

Camelotia
1579747982244.png

Even though it's not a dinosaur, Postosuchus
1579748356397.png

7e97d6e1c1cf4b6893b75e9d9fdc6accxl.jpg

From Jurassic Park toy lore, Dimetrodon
1579748479050.png

1579748514594.png

Since we only have one dinosaur representing the Triassic Period, I say there should be a Triassic Dinosaur Pack. After all since there was a Cretaceous Pack, the only logical ones missing would be Triassic and Jurassic Packs. Being there are so many Jurassic dinosaurs represented, I do hope there is a Triassic Pack. Some ideas as to what a Triassic pack might comprise of,

Coelophysis
View attachment 159852
View attachment 159858

Plateosaurus
View attachment 159850
Liliensternus
View attachment 159851
Lophostropheus
View attachment 159853
Camelotia
View attachment 159854
Even though it's not a dinosaur, Postosuchus
View attachment 159855
View attachment 159859
From Jurassic Park toy lore, Dimetrodon
View attachment 159856
View attachment 159857

I like to see how Coelophysis play out in JWE. What are the chances that the Plateosaurus would have the same dietary preferences as the sauropods?

Ice Age mammal candidate options

Now, I very strongly doubt any Cenozoic animals would ever be implemented in Jurassic World Evolution, mainly because even though they are “prehistoric creatures”, they aren’t really “Jurassic Park” in that general sense. Sure, Ludia Inc.’s three JP game’s have done this, but different companies have a different approached goal and style for their respective games. In Frontier Developments case for Jurassic World Evolution, they strive to provide the best Jurassic World authentic experience to the rest of the main part of the series: the films. When I think “Jurassic Park Authencity”, I think dinosaurs and other primarily associated and misidentified creatures (Dimetrodon, pterosaurs, sea reptiles, etc.).

But what if they do end up deciding for any sort of Cenozoic beasts for JWE? I think there should be at least
five species maximum as an ideal decision. Type wise, I think they all should be mammals, and mammals from the most recent past prehistoric time zone (The Ice Ages and one or two million years beyond). The mammals I think should be the more “prehistoric” looking kind, meaning nothing like lions, deer, bears, horses, or stuff like that, because their appearance and designs would be too cheep-looking, because there are already existing animals today with such primary designs. In theory, based on my own personal observations, to make their introduction special to the game, they would have to be well-themed to the targeted environments. So, the species would have to represent a more ancient, bizarre and very unique look and feel to make them feel like they would belong in there for the most basic general audience. And there are at least six “ice age animals" I can think of that could potentially accomplish this concept if such are to be decided for the game, even if a couple of them aren't technically from an ice age. (And while I do have six listed, I think there should be at least three minimum or five maximum

All the listed mammal candidate options below are species that can be or fairly possibly be resurrected through the modern but still growing knowledge of the de-extinction of mammals, as well as the game’s style of finding and extracting extinct animal DNA. I have also listed and described how the Cosmetic Gene system could work for them for each species, as every extinct animal in-game has a set of cosmetic customization options, and the idea that having alternate colors and patterns on a mammalian species can be difficult to implement correctly. I even listed what they can or can’t fight back. If paleobotany is to be planned and decided for all of the herbivores, to make the paleobotany feel not so “cluttered”, maybe making them share one single type called "Mammalia"? Whether or not they can be implemented via 3+ packs or through big DLCs is something else though.

(Alt) beside a cosmetic gene = Alternate Pattern

1. Woolly Mammoth (Europe, Asia and North America)
Type: Medium or Armored Herbivore
Alternate pattern: No
Cosmetic Genes: Alpine, Arid, Jungle, Steppe, Tundra
Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores and Small Carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Vulnerable to: (big) Large Carnivores and the Indoraptor
Description: No Ice Age animal implementations would feel complete without the most famous of all the beasts of that time: the Woolly Mammoth. While not the largest, it is the number one most famous of all the known mammoths in the world. For something this “hairy”, maybe make them look less “hairy” this n the right way, since all the maps you build on are tropical island paradise type environments.

2. Smilodon (North America and South America)
Type: Small Carnivore
Alternate pattern: Yes (A: Plain smooth pattern, B: Spotted pattern)
Cosmetic Genes: Alpine, Coastal (Alt), Jungle (Alt), Steppe (Alt), Tundra
Defensive to: Small Carnivores (Compsognathus is instant prey)
Vulnerable to: All Large Carnivores
Description: No Ice Age animal implementations would be complete without the most famous carnivore from that time: the Smilodon. A feline predator (saber-tooth cat) famously known for its huge elongated saber teeth. This idea was partially loosely inspired on the fact I’ve seen saber-tooth sculpture merchandise being sold at Universal Studios at the JW ride store the last time I went there last year for my birthday.

3. Woolly Rhinoceros (Europe and Asia)
Type: Armored Herbivore
Alternate Pattern: Yes (A: Skin color being dull brown and fur being smooth in color texture, B: Skin color being darker and fur being rougher in color texture)
Cosmetic Genes: Alpine, Coastal, Savannah (Alt), Steppe (Alt), Wetland (Alt)
Defensive to: All Large Carnivores
Vulnerable to: None
Description: It may just be a big hairy rhino, but it's an Ice Age mammal that still fits into the line of being both famous and unique because of its shaggy coating, something no rhino today has. Now because of this, just like the mammoth, I would recommend it being less shaggy that it probably would be due to the environments you build in-game.

4. Megatherium (South America)
Type: Medium or Giant Herbivore
Cosmetic Genes: Arid, Coastal, Jungle, Steppe, Wetland
Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores and Small Carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Description: A giant ground sloth, and probably one of the more famous of all the existing described species of such animals. A ground sloth would be a good touch to add some variety away from the other mammal herbivores.

5. Doedicurus (South America)
Alternate Pattern: Yes (Difference in the linings and color intensity on armor for both patterns)
Cosmetic Genes: Alpine, Rainforest (Alt), Taiga (Alt), Tundra (Alt), Woodland
Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores and small carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Vulnerable to: (big) Large Carnivores and the Indoraptor.
Description: A distant relative of the armadillo family, it is and odd mammal of my specific time zone (a glyptodont), and the largest of its type that is probably best known for its spiked clubbed tail trait. Nothing else like it among all other described glyptodont species.

6. Gigantopithecus (Asia)
Type: Medium Herbivore
Alternate Pattern: Yes (A: Plain texturing, B: Soft splotchy texturing)
Cosmetic Genes: Arid (Alt), Coastal, Jungle, Savannah (Alt), Tundra (Alt)
Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores (except Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus because of their bulks and sizes) Small Carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Vulnerable to: (big) Large Carnivores, the Indoraptor, and both Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus.
Description: While certainly nothing more than just a giant sized ape, it is one that I think can be an exception because of this: It can be a reference to King Kong (albeit at a smaller scale), a giant ape who's often associated with dinosaurs since the first Kong movie. And in modern times, one of those Kongs, particularly the 2005 King Kong from re-imagining of the original 1932 film, as not only does he and the film associate themselves with dinosaurs (albeit fictional species) but they are also current Universal Pictures owned property, the same owners of the Jurassic IP. Plus, because this game has an emphasis on film quotes, especially achievements, I can imagine a new achievement being associated with Gigantopithecus titled: "What do they got in there, King Kong?"

Last edited:

Now, I very strongly doubt any Cenozoic animals would ever be implemented in Jurassic World Evolution, mainly because even though they are “prehistoric creatures”, they aren’t really “Jurassic Park” in that general sense. Sure, Ludia Inc.’s three JP game’s have done this, but different companies have a different approaches goal and style for their respective games. In Frontier Developments case for Jurassic World Evolution, they strive to provide the best Jurassic World authentic experience to the rest of the main part of the series: the films. When I think “Jurassic Park Authencity”, I think dinosaurs and other primarily associated and misidentified creatures (Dimetrodon, pterosaurs, sea reptiles, etc.).

But what if they do end up deciding for any sort of Cenozoic beasts for JWE? I think there should be at least
five species maximum as an ideal decision. Type wise, I think they all should be mammals, and mammals from the most recent past prehistoric time zone (The Ice Ages and one or two million years beyond). The mammals I think should be the more “prehistoric” looking kind, meaning nothing like lions, deer, bears, horses, or stuff like that, because their appearance and designs would be too cheep-looking, because there are already existing animals today with such primary designs. In theory, based on my own personal observations, to make their introduction special to the game, they would have to be well-themed to the targeted environments. So, the species would have to represent a more ancient, bizarre and very unique look and feel to make them feel like they would belong in there for the most basic general audience. And there are at least six “ice age animals" I can think of that could potentially accomplish this concept if such are to be decided for the game, even if a couple of them aren't technically from an ice age. (And while I do have six listed, I think there should be at least three minimum or five maximum

All the listed mammal candidate options below are species that can be or fairly possibly be resurrected through the modern but still growing knowledge of the de-extinction of mammals, as well as the game’s style of finding and extracting extinct animal DNA. I have also listed and described how the Cosmetic Gene system could work for them for each species, as every extinct animal in-game has a set of cosmetic customization options, and the idea that having alternate colors and patterns on a mammalian species can be difficult to implement correctly. I even listed what they can or can’t fight back. If paleobotany is to be planned and decided for all of the herbivores, to make the paleobotany feel not so “cluttered”, maybe making them share one single type called "Mammalia"? Whether or not they can be implemented via 3+ packs or through big DLCs is something else though.

Description: No Ice Age animal implementations would feel complete without the most famous of all the beasts of that time: the Woolly Mammoth. While not the largest, it is the number one most famous of all the known mammoths in the world. For something this “hairy”, maybe make them look less “hairy” this n the right way, since all the maps you build on are tropical island paradise type environments.

Description: No Ice Age animal implementations would be complete without the most famous carnivore from that time: the Smilodon. A feline predator (saber-tooth cat) famously known for its huge elongated saber teeth. This idea was partially loosely inspired on the fact I’ve seen saber-tooth sculpture merchandise being sold at Universal Studios at the JW ride store the last time I went there last year for my birthday.

Alternate Pattern: Yes (A: Skin color being dull brown and fur being smooth in color texture, B: Skin color being darker and fur being rougher in color texture)
Description: It may just be a big hairy rhino, but it's an Ice Age mammal that still fits into the line of being both famous and unique because of its shaggy coating, something no rhino today has. Now because of this, just like the mammoth, I would recommend it being less shaggy that it probably would be due to the environments you build in-game.

Description: A giant ground sloth, and probably one of the more famous of all the existing described species of such animals. A ground sloth would be a good touch to add some variety away from the other mammal herbivores.

Alternate Pattern: Yes (Difference in the linings and color intensity on armor for both patterns)
Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores and small carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Description: A distant relative of the armadillo family, it is and odd mammal of my specific time zone (a glyptodont), and the largest of its type that is probably best known for its spiked clubbed tail trait. Nothing else like it among all other described glyptodont species.

Defensive to: (small) Large Carnivores (except Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus because of their bulks and sizes) Small Carnivores (except Compsognathus)
Vulnerable to: (big) Large Carnivores, the Indoraptor, and both Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus.
Description: While certainly nothing more than just a giant sized ape, it is one that I think can be an exception because of this: It can be a reference to King Kong (albeit at a smaller scale), a giant ape who's often associated with dinosaurs since the first Kong movie. And in modern times, one of those Kongs, particularly the 2005 King Kong from re-imagining of the original 1932 film, as not only does he and the film associate themselves with dinosaurs (albeit fictional species) but they are also current Universal Pictures owned property, the same owners of the Jurassic IP. Plus, because this game has an emphasis on film quotes, especially achievements, I can imagine a new achievement being associated with Gigantopithecus titled: "What do they got in there, King Kong?"
Maybe the alternative pettern for the Mammoth could be the "Columbian Mammoth"

SEMI CANON DINOSAURS LEFT OUT OF THE GAME:
Hadrosaurus

View attachment 159864
Alamosaurus
View attachment 159882
Tenontosaurus
View attachment 159885
Mussaurus
View attachment 159883
Segisaurus
View attachment 159887
Kosmoceratops
View attachment 159881
protoceratops
View attachment 159886
concavenator
View attachment 159862
Agujaceratops
View attachment 159863
Mononykus
View attachment 159890
Segisaurus is the final dinosaur that was planned to be exhibited in the original (film-canon) Jurassic Park that we don't have access to in-game. As such, it should be a top-priority species for Frontier to add if you ask me.

Now, I very strongly doubt any Cenozoic animals would ever be implemented in Jurassic World Evolution, mainly because even though they are “prehistoric creatures”, they aren’t really “Jurassic Park” in that general sense. Sure, Ludia Inc.’s three JP game’s have done this, but different companies have a different approached goal and style for their respective games. In Frontier Developments case for Jurassic World Evolution, they strive to provide the best Jurassic World authentic experience to the rest of the main part of the series: the films. When I think “Jurassic Park Authencity”, I think dinosaurs and other primarily associated and misidentified creatures (Dimetrodon, pterosaurs, sea reptiles, etc.).

Hey! Why should Mammoth be weaker than Rhino? Sorry, it’s just that elephants are my favorite, and it seems unfair to me that they would fight fewer carnivores. Hell, they’ve been observed murdering rhinos.
On a lighter note, I can just imagine a YouTuber using gameplay footage to music of Christopher Walken and Louis Prima.

I'm not sure how easy this would be or even if it's been suggested but what about creating our own hybrids using the current dino's?
This could be either a mission extension to Dr Wu or just a bit of fun, I know the animation would be tricky but it could be interesting.

I'm not sure how easy this would be or even if it's been suggested but what about creating our own hybrids using the current dino's?
This could be either a mission extension to Dr Wu or just a bit of fun, I know the animation would be tricky but it could be interesting.
well Frontier still needs to create a model and animations for all those hybrids, for all possible combinations. so i think you know now why they cant do that

Piscivorous Dinosaur Pack
Not that I really confidentiality think it would be entirely likely (something which I actually thought of when I was making my Omnivore Dino Pack concept before), as there is already a full-on carnivore pack for the game, but the dinosaur species that came to mind most recently were just too good to just ignore for me to post here conceptually.

The piscicorous pack would be like the carnivore pack (all three dinosaurs would be meat-eaters), but with a slight twist. All these three dinosaurs would be piscivrous, meaning they will all eat fish. As currently in-game, all four current piscivorous dinosaurs are carnivores, meaning they will eat regular meat, humans, and fish. And fish eating carnivores would be what this 3+ dino pack idea of mine would focus on. Like my previous 3+ pack concepts, each species would be from a different continent.

Austroraptor (South America): A large raptor from Argentina, thought to have preyed on fish. I could imagine it jumping onto the side of the fish feeder like the Spinoraptor, and I think it's a raptor species that could be portrayed to be like some of the other theropods in the established film lore. Almost all reconstructions of this thing I have found on the internet portray it as a feathered dinosaur because of evidence from related species, but for a JP authentic game like this, maybe it could have those bristles like the male 2001 raptors or indeed the Metria, Sucho, and Bary from the viral in-universe JW website. Just an idea to go for the opportunity to portray some bird-related characteristics from modern dinosaur paleontology, in JP style, for the game.

Masiakasaurus (Africa): A small carnivore that lived in the same time and place as Majungasaurus, Madagascar. There are pretty vaguely known speculations of it preying on fish in the past, because of its teeth and jaw structure. However, it's because of those speculations alone that I think would make it a good candidate if such a DLC pack I'm describing here were to exist. Due to its small size, I would definitely recommend it climbing onto the feeder's side. Also, because of its size, I probably would like to see some more comical animations for it when it snatched a tiny fish from the feeder to make it more active looking.

Ichthyovenator (Asia): A spinosaurid type dinosaur unlike any other to science. Its preserved spinal column suggests that this dinosaur had a "double sailed back", where the spine gets cut off by a dip in the hip region. This would be a perfect candidate to include more spinosaurids in-game in a way to make it feel more unique from the others. Now, there is silhouette of such a dinosaur from Jurassic Outpost content creator, Chris Pugh, in a picture he posted when he visited the San Diego Comic Con event last Summer, to get an up close preview of the upcoming Primal Attack toy line from Mattel where they said that some of the species within it will be associated with the upcoming Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous animated TV show. This isn't confirmation that the dinosaur would be one of those new on-screen species, and nor was it even confirmed to release (yet). However, if it won't be a Camp Cretaceous dinosaur, which most of me wants to believe so, then this dinosaur would be perfect for this kind of 3+ DLC pack, if planned and decided.

Last edited:
I wonder if you guys want the following pterosaur species:

1) Quetzalcoatlus: Late Cretaceous, Javelina Formation (Texas, USA). The largest known pterosaur. Had small roles in the third and seventh The Land Before Time films.

2) Cearadactylus: Early Cretaceous, Romualdo Formation (Brazil). A pterosaur known to have teeth used to hold fish. It appeared in the original Jurassic Park novel. An enemy pterosaur in Jurassic: The Hunted. A Cearadactylus named Sierra was one of the two main antagonists of the seventh The Land Before Time film.

3) Rhamphorhynchus: Late Jurassic, Tendaguru Formation (Tanzania), Solnhofen Formation (Germany). A pterosaur known to have a tail. A Rhamphorhynchus named Rinkus was one of the two main antagonists of the seventh The Land Before Time film.

4) Dimorphodon: Early Jurassic, Lias Group (England). Smaller pterosaur with a tail. Dimorphodon appeared briefly in the first, third, and fourth The Land Before Time films. It had a significant role in the first Jurassic World film.

If these pterosaurs were added, will these different species fight amongst each other? Or will they get along with the Pteranodon like in the first Jurassic World film?

Top Bottom