Dinosaurs Dinosaur Wishlist Mega Thread

I've just learnt of a dinosaur called parksosaurus
latest

They are small bipedal herbivores that are roughly the size of thee troodon/dracorex in the game. I think it will be interesting if we had such a small herbivore in the game due to it being a cretaceous dinosaur and the potential puns in "Park"sosaurus. They would be perfect to have in our parks. 😉

I've just learnt of a dinosaur called parksosaurus

They are small bipedal herbivores that are roughly the size of thee troodon/dracorex in the game. I think it will be interesting if we had such a small herbivore in the game due to it being a cretaceous dinosaur and the potential puns in "Park"sosaurus. They would be perfect to have in our parks. 😉
I do like the idea of being able to do park themed parks, though there's only Dinosaur Park Fm. & Garden Park as sites at the moment.

Looking into it a little, I was able to find a few with some promise (mostly national parks):

Big Bend National Park - Texas, USA -
Has outcrops of the Javelina and Aguja formations, an Alamosaurus juvenile was discovered here, as was Agujaceratops.

Petrified Forest National Park - Arizona, USA -
Has quite a few sites for the Chinle formation, Coelophysis & Chindesaurus are present.

New Park Quarry - Gloucestershire, England, UK -
The main locality of the Chipping Norton limestone, it is the second site ever known for Megalosaurus.

Golden Gate Highlands National Park - Free state, South Africa -
Has an outcrop of the Elliot formation and is notable for a Massospondylus nesting site with well preserved embryos.

Nam Nao National Park - Phetchabun, Thailand -
Has a site for the Nam Phong formation, the formation Isanosaurus comes from, though only has an unnamed prosauropod reported in the park.

Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria, Australia -
Home of the Flat rocks locality, main site of the Wonthaggi formation. It's the source of dinos like Qantassaurus & Serendipaceratops.

Selwyn Park Sheep Station - Queensland, Australia -
A site for the Winton formation, Wintonotitan comes from here specifically.

Last edited:
Mantellisaurus
it would be awesome to have a smaller English Iguanodontid species for this Game, more English dinosaurs are needed and the species named after Gideon Mantel the man who found Iguanodon and named it as a species would definitely be awesome for Frontier to add to the game, found in the same location as Iguanodon in the Isle of Wight.

23.feet in length
1500.lbs
v2-c07c6db68639866e859dea78be4643a8_r.jpg

mantellisaurus-size.jpg

Neovenator
England or the U.K Needs its Apex Predator in Jurassic world Evolution and I am really Really Hoping this Theropod Allosauroid is added in the Game Soon because it would be interesting to have a species of theropod that could use its claws to kill its prey in the game with Unique Mechanics other than using it teeth like other carnivores.

25.feet in Length
2200-4400.lbs
neovenator_by_fredthedinosaurman_dbsd7ij-fullview.jpg

neovenator_by_cisiopurple_dcnlq3x-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
One thing that might be nice is a novel species or two to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the first novel on the 20th of November (we've just passed the 25th of the sequel novel on the 8th of September). Given it's after the Switch port and there's limited space to work with there, I don't expect it to happen, but it's a nice little fantasy.

A brief recap of the combined novel species remaining

Callovosaurus (replaces Microceratops in some edtions)
Only known from a femur, there's a lot of freedom, but not much of anything to work with apart from being a small ornithopod. The main benefit is another herbivore type for the Middle Jurassic.
Callovosaurus.png

Figure from Ruiz-Omeñaca, J.I., Dryosaurid Dinosaur (Ornithischia: Euornithopoda) from the Middle Jurassic of England.

Cearadactylus
C. atrox is certainly the species of Cearadactylus to use, having longer teeth at the front of the mouth, as well as a lower jaw with a more spoon-like end. It would make a reasonable aviary species for Early Cretaceous/South America themed areas.
Cearadactylus 1.png

Figures from Unwin, D.M., 2002. On the systematic relationships of Cearadactylus atrox, an enigmatic Early Cretaceous pterosaur from the Santana Formation of Brazil. Fossil Record, 5(1), pp.239-263.

Coelurus (Mention)
Freedom with skull shape, but otherwise a fairly typical small theropod. Currently that size doesn't exactly exist for the Late Jurassic, being a bit bigger than Compsognathus.
Coelurus.jpg

Hadrosaurus
A fair bit of freedom with the head, body and end of the tail. It was separated from the current North American Late Cretaceous by interior seaways, being from the east coast.
Hadrosaurus.png

Figure from Prieto-Márquez, A., Weishampel, D.B. and Horner, J.R., 2006. The dinosaur Hadrosaurus foulkii, from the Campanian of the East Coast of North America, with a reevaluation of the genus. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica, 51(1).

Hypsilophodon
No real freedoms I can see, being one of the better known dinosaurs as far as I can tell. It's archetype doesn't currently exist in the Early Cretaceous or Europe.

Microceratus
The type material is all there is for this animal, which I haven't been able to track down, so I'm unsure as to what freedoms there actually are. Following the 2015 website design makes tracking it down redundant of course (though some changes would be needed for a tree climber one like the novel). Graciliceratops would also be Microceratops as far as the novel is concerned and has much clearer freedoms, particularly with the snout and tail.

Mussaurus
Had older individuals revealed last year, with a biped stance as adults. There's not much freedom, but there's currently no biped Sauropodomorphs at all. (People are clearly attached to Plateosaurus though).

Ornitholestes
A fairly complete and typical small theropod, it is the identity used for a corpse early on in the sequel novel, though being quite a brief identification, I wouldn't say that's guaranteed to be what it was. It's safe to say people would be expecting a Walking with Dinosaurs style one.
Ornitholestes_by_shartman.jpg

Othnielia/Nanosaurus
Fairly complete, with a fair bit of freedom with the skull. In the novels they pretty prominently hop between the trees and over fences.
Nanosaurus-agilis-Marsh-1877-A-Mounted-skeleton-at-the-Peabody-Museum-of-Natural.png

Figure from Carpenter, Kenneth & Galton, Peter. (2018). A photo documentation of bipedal ornithischian dinosaurs from the Upper Jurassic Morrison Formation, USA. Geology of the Intermountain West. 5. 167-207. 10.31711/giw.v5.pp167-207.

Procompsognathus
There is a lot of freedom with the skull, in the novels they are coprophagic, cleaning up after other dinosaurs. Being a similar size to the in game Compsognathus and also from Europe (though in the Triassic), it'd be difficult to distinguish it from a distance no matter what you did.

Last edited:
What I do know is that, any new onscreen dinosaur species, that the game doesn't have yet, planned for Jurassic World: Dominion, which will release on June of 2021, is an almost guarantee for those dinosaurs to automatically be planned and included in some kind of free major update to coincide with the film as Fallen Kingdom and Battle at Big Rock before it, hence is why I've not posted here for a long time, with the combination of not knowing what was next for the game as a whole in the silent 9 month long timespan until their confirmed goal which is similar to what Planet Coaster is going through by many traits, as I didn't want to post something that may have been already planned for right around the corner, if you know what I mean.

This list is just in case neither will be in the next movie, just so there are more options to choose from or get inspired from for something else.

1. Hypsilohodon (Europe): A small herbivorous ornithopod dinosaur from what is now the UK. It's also a novel lore implemented dinosaur species. So, if planned to be added, there's no reason to say it may not be planned for an implementation to the game's JP era roster. For Paleobotany, if it were to utilize an already existing category, which I'm sure it would, the one I would choose is the "Iguanodontia", as a close enough choice.

2. Eotyrannus (Europe): A small tyrannosaur that lived in the same environment as the Iguanodon. Small carnivores are few in this game, so I think some more, like this as an example, would be nice.

3. Callovosaurus (Europe): A small jurassic iguanodont in the same family as Dryosaurus.
It's also a dinosaur featured in some versions of the original novel, but only in roster screens which it replaces the Microceratus (Microceratops in the novel). Now, I think it may be a bit contrived as I do think the Dryosaurus was added to the JP era setting as a replacement for either this or the Othnelia due to the latter being re-recognized as a synonym of very similar dinosaur to Dyosaurus in most recent years. But if it were to be added, I guess it wouldn't hurt to be included in the JP era setting.

4. Siats meekorum (North America): A large neovenatorid theropod dinosaur from the cretaceous, and the first of its kind to be scientifically documented from the Americas!
If you just want to say the geneus' name, it's just Siats. However, it just feels odd to be called just that for this particular game. Elsewhere it would work, but for some reason it just doesn't feel right for this game. So, inspired by the Primal Attack toyline that has this thing, why not add the full species name, Siats meekorum, as what was done with the in-game Tyrannosaurus with Tyrannosaurus rex, even though both names for that species would've worked either way, admittedly? For the Siats itself, the full speciesn ame would work perfectly if planned for implementation just so the name itself feels "right" in that sense.

5. Hadrosaurus (North America): A medium hadrosaur dinosaur and the first ever hadrosaur of that kind to be described in science! This is also a dinosaur that appears in the original novel, so if it were to be added into the game, it can very well be added to the JP era roster!

6. Gasosaurus (Asia): A small carnivore from Jurassic China which coexisted with plenty of the game's Chinese Jurassic dinosaurs. Small carnivores are few in this game, so I think more, like this as an example, would be nice.

7. Megalosaurus (Europe): A large carnivore famously know to be the first ever non-avian dinosaur to be described to science!

9. Peloroplites (North America): An ankylosaur dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous.
Shoulder-spiked ankylosaurs are rare in this game, so why not spice things up with another? May I also say it's a dinosaur whose remains were seen on Isla Nublar in JW:FK? A corpse of it was made and used for shooting, but it didn't make it in the final cut, but a skeleton of it, or at least what is assumed to be a skeleton of it, was in the final cut where it gets melted in a lava flow. It's unknown if in the final version of the film and the overall expanding lore, such a thing ever existed on the island in an in-universe perspective, but it was in a behind the scenes perspective.

If the list before won't be considered because it's not a part of the Canon or lore then this list should be considered due to its connection to the Lore.

Concavenator- a Taxidermy animal in the Lockwood Manor of Fallen Kingdom.

joe-lesaffre-concept-creature-concavenator.jpg

Teratophoneus- a carcass outside of the tracking Center in Fallen Kingdom as well as a skeleton in the Lockwood Manor.
a-teratophoneus-dinosaur-defends-sergey-krasovskiy.jpg

Mussaurus- from the Jurassic Park novel
EBs4aTFXoAAGj1Y.jpg

Kosmoceratops- seen as a skeleton in Fallen Kingdom
da31roq-4ba7a746-02f5-4d41-8551-20dbf1570c42.jpg

Agujaceratops- seen as a skull in turn killed the indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom at the Lockwood Manor.
Agujaceratops2_ae35.jpg

Hadrosaurus- was going to be used in the original Jurassic Park and also was used in the Jurassic Park novels.
hadrosaurus_sp__by_christopher252_dbq1suh-250t (1).jpg

Microceratus- was going to be Jurassic World but was cut out
microceratus.jpg

Peloroplites: Seen as a skeleton on NUBLAR in fallen Kingdom
jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_peloroplites_by_nikorex_ddvu8c1-fullview (1).jpg

Alamosaurus- shown as a skeleton in the very first Jurassic Park movie but smashed to Pieces by the T-Rex and Raptor fight.
marker-1540604457ln260.jpg

some of you might say why not say where is Segisaurus well let's just say that it has no skull material the fossil and then not to mention it's too similar To compsognathus. If Frontier wants to use the lore dinosaurs instead or any future updates I would consider this small list of JP Dinosaurs.

Last edited:
As stated above in my most previous post, any new on-screen dinosaur species for the upcoming Jurassic World: Dominion film that the game doesn't have yet is an almost guarantee they will be automatically be worked on for inclusion, likely via a free update to coincide with the film's release as always before with the previous films. And since there's a lot of time before release of bringing this game's experience to a brand new group of players on another platform, which is this game's team's focus right now, similar as to what's happening with Planet Coaster, there's plenty of time to see what else they can take a look at for thought in the meantime.

So, this is another list for those in case they won't be in Dominion, as well as not being worked or planned on right now that could be used for something down the line:

1. Protoceratops (Asia): A small sheep sized ceratopsian with a large frill from what is now Mongolia.

2. Udanoceratops (Asia): A mid-sized ceratopsian from Mongolia. Unlike most large sized ceratopsians, this dinosaur lacks any kind of facial protutions like horns or bosses, and a small back-frill for a ceratopsian of its size, but it does have a big ol' lower jaw.

3. Koreaceratops (Asia): A rather unusual small ceratopsian with a tall neural spines on its tail, almost like a tail-fluke.

4. Leptoceratops (North America): A small ceratopsian from the end of the Cretaceous Period. You could say that this idea choice is an inspiration from the original PS Lost World game from 1997, because it's one of my favorite games in the franchise.

5. Gargoyleosaurus (North America): A small ankylosaur and of the earliest types from the Jurassic Period. There aren't many known anky type dinos from that period as much as in the Cretaceous, so why not spice some period differences with them here?

6. Shantungosaurus (Asia): An enormous sized hadrosaur from China, like bigger than the others in-game, and a contemporary of the Sinoceratops.

7. Coelophysis (North America): A small theropod from the Triassic, and a classically known dinosaur for that matter. It was once thought to preserve irrefutable evidence cannibalism until many years ago, but that alone doesn't rule out the potential probability that it did.

8. Torvosaurus (North America / Asia): A gigantic Late Jurassic carnivore that coexisted with some of the more classically known dinosaurs like Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus.

9. Neovenator (Europe): A large carnivore from England, living along side the few dinosaurs this game already has, and since the UK is where some of these dinosaurs, including this, have been found, it's pretty much close to home as that's where Frontier are stationed.

10. Dryptosaurus (North America): A tyrannosaur type carnivore and one of the first few dinosaurs to be described, and with one of the famous painting depictions in paleoart from the late 1890s.

11. Ichthyovenator (Asia): A spinosaur type dinosaur with a rather unusual shaped small sail that dips down. If any spinosaur carnivore is to be added, I believe this is a good choice as it is different looking from the others both in and out of the game.

12. Tarbosaurus (Asia): A tyrannosaur that is similar to the Rex in America, although it may be synonymous with the latter as an Asian species of Tyrannosaurus itself.

13. Yangchuanosaurus (Asia): A large Jurassic carnivores from what is now China, and is a contemporary of this game's many Chinese Jurassic dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Like all of you, I have a list of aggressively requested/asked for dinosaurs. Here they are;
Sauropods:
- Alamosaurus (must be bigger than Dreadoughtus (If dreadnoughtus gets upscaled before Alamosaurus comes out.)
- Argentinosaurus (Must be 18-20 meters longer and 6-7 meters taller that Apatosaurus)
- Paralititan (Must be 10 meters longer and 4 meters taller that Apatosaurus)
- Patagotitan (must biger than Diplodocus)
- Supersaurus (must be bigger than Diplodocus, must have longer legs than Diplodocus)
- Barosaurus (must be bigger than Diplodocus)
- Seismosaurus (with the name meaning "earth shaking lizard", Seismosaurus must be 75-80 meters long and 30 meters tall)
- Brontosaurus (must be a little bigger than Apatosaurus)
- Sauroposeidon (Must be taller than Mamenchisaurus (unless dreadnoughtus gets upscaled before Sauroposeidon comes out.)
- Puertasaurus (must be bigger than Mamenchisaurus)
- Yunmenglong (must be as big as Apatosaurus)
- Xinjiangtitan (must be as big as Apatosaurus)

Hadrosaurs:
- Lambeosaurus
(Must be as big and as long as Indominus rex, must be able to fight back against carnivores (small, medium, and large))
- Shantungosaurus (Must be bigger than Indominus rex, must be able to fight back against carnivores (small, medium, and large))
- Gryposaurus (must be as big as Corythosaurus)
- Brachylophosaurus (must be as big as Parasaurolophus)
- Saurolophus (must be as big as Iguanodon)
- Hadrosaurus (must be as big as Corythosaurus)
- Aquilarhinus (must be as big as Corythosaurus)

Ceratopsids:
- Einiosaurus (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Centrosaurus (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Albertaceratops (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Kosmoceratops (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Diabloceratops (must be bigger than Pachycephalosaurus)
- Agujaceratops (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Avaceratops (must be as big as Diabloceratops)
- Achelousaurus (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Monoclonius (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Rubeosaurus (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Wendiceratops (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)
- Protoceratops (must be a little bigger than Velociraptor)
- Pachyrhinosaurus (must be as big as Styracosaurus or Nasutoceratops)

Stegosaurids:
- Tuojiangosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Miragaia (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Yingshanosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Alcovasaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Wuerhosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Hesperosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Lexovisaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Dravidosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Hesperosaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)
- Lexovisaurus (must be as big as Kentrosaurus)

Ankylosaurids/Nodosaurids:
- Hylaeosaurus (must be as big as Polacanthus)
- Edmontonia (must be as big as Polacanthus)
- Aletopelta (must be as big as Polacanthus)
- Talarurus (must be as big as Polacanthus)
- Hylaeosaurus (must be as big as Polacanthus)
- Panoplosaurus (must be as big as Polacanthus)

Ornithomimids:
- Ornithomimus (must be as big as archaeornithomimus)
- Pelecanimimus (must be as big as archaeornithomimus)
- Anserimimus (must be as big as archaeornithomimus)

Extra Herbivores:
- Therizinosaurus (should have proto-quills, must as big as Iguanodon, must fight all carnivores (small, medium, and large))
- Altirhinus (must be as big as Iguanodon)
- Tenontosaurus (must be as big as Muttaburrasaurus)
- Camptosaurus (must be as big as Muttaburrasaurus)
- Parksosaurus (must be smaller than Dryosaurus)
- Hypsilophodon (must be as big as Homalocephale)
- Othnielia (must be as big as Homalocephale)
- Leaellynasaura (must be as big as Homalocephale)
- Microceratus (must be as big as Compy)

Tyrannosaurids:
- Gorgosaurus (must be as big as Baryonyx)
- Daspletosaurus (must be as big as Albertosaurus)
- Tarbosaurus (must be as big as Albertosaurus)
- Alioramus (must be as big as Baryonyx)
- Nanotyrannus (should have proto-quills, must be as big as Baryonyx)
- Nanuqsaurus (should have proto-quills, must be as big as Baryonyx)

Dromeosauruids:
- Utahraptor (must be as big as Herrerasaurus)
- Dakotaraptor (must be smaller than Herrerasaurus)
- Austroraptor (must be smaller than Herrerasaurus)
- Dromaeosaurus (must be as big as Deinonychus)

Spinosaurids:
- Irritator (must be as big as Baryonyx)
- Ichthyovenator (must be as big as Suchomimus)
- Siamosaurus (must be as big as Suchomimus)

Extra Carnivores:
- Yutyrannus (should have proto-quills, must be as big as Albertosaurus)
- Torvosaurus (must be as big as Albertosaurus)
- Saurophaganax (must be bigger than Allosaurus, but smaller than T-Rex)
- Yangchuanosaurus (must be as big as Allosaurus
- Cryolophosaurus (must be as big as Carnotaurus)
- Mapusaurus (must be as big as Giganotosaurus)
- Ornitholestes (must be as big as Dilophosaurus)

These are all the Dinosaurs I want in Jurassic World Evolution. As you can see this list is quite big. Enjoy! :)

Once again, this third option list follows the very same reasons as the last two I recently posted above, and this will be the last one I'll post for the time being until then, just so I know what may come up for Dominion itself as well as what's up long after November 03 when the Switch port will bring in a whole new variety of players to get to experience the full game as it currently is.

1. Eoraptor (South America): A small theropod dinosaur from what is now Argentina. Due to its teeth structure, it may have been omnivorous. If omnivory won't be a thing, it's probably better off as a "Small Carnivore".

2. Alioramus (Asia): A small tyrannosaur carnivore with a row of little bony crests on its snout.

3. Einiosaurus (North America): A medium sized ceratopsian with a single distinguishable nasal horn that hooks forward and down.

4. Centrosaurus (North America): A classically known ceratopsian of Canada with various nasal horn positions. The forward facing one is what I think would work. A famous bonebead of the Dinosaur Park Formation contains plenty of Centro bones, presumably caused by a mass drowning.

5. Stegoceras (North America): A rather small pachycephalosaur herbivore with a very smooth dome head.

6. Prenocephale (Asia): A dome headed pachycephalosaur from Cretaceous Mongolia. Its close relative, Homalocephale, may have been synonymous with the former.

7. Wuerhosaurus (Asia): A stegosaur type dinosaur with rather wide and small sized back plates. It was one of the last known stegosaurs to have existed up til the Early Cretaceous.

8. Europasaurus (Europe): A dwarf sized sauropod as an example of insular dwarfism. The game has large sized sauropods, with the Nigersaurus being the smallest, so how about more smaller ones?

I'd definitely love to see these:
Sauropods: Amargasaurus, Saltasaurus
Small/medium theropods: Oviraptor, Masiakasaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Concavenator, Utahraptor, Gigantoraptor, Becklespinax, Monolophosaurus
Small/medium herbivores: Pachyrhinosaurus, Kosmoceratops, Pegomastax, Yinlong

Baby Dinosaur entities for "Petting Zoo", list:
If any kind of "breeding" won't be a thing, that doesn't mean there's a zero chance of any baby dinosaurs to be implemented somehow. The in-game dinosaur entities are worked through professional AAA fields, so there's a lot of challenges for them to include babies, growing systems, and so fourth for all dinosaurs, especially since lots of them are included in priced DLCs, including skin variants. Which was why I suggested before that, should "something" (whatever that "something" should be) like that be implemented, be limited to a certain low number of selected species. But, if no such "breeding" will be a thing, whether or not they would be using baby dino models or what not, there's another alternative I've been thinking of.

Previously, way back when, I suggested that if a "petting zoo of sorts" be a thing, it would be a good idea to implement more small dinosaur species along with it. However, because this game aims to be primarily faithful to its source material, they might not be able to do that with "more small dino species", and instead might be able to do it with baby dinos of existing adult dinos! The petting zoo in Jurassic World, the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo, contains only young dinosaurs of already existing on-screen species as adults. Perhaps they could do something similar here.

Now, as I previously speculated before, I doubt this "petting zoo", or whatever it shall be called with the film's inspiration, would be something you can place, because of how this game is made as a whole. Instead, I see it as a pre-built structure entity that you can't remove either, just like an arrival point or an operations center, but where you can still hatch baby dinos. To make things easier, how about keeping their animation rigs the same as the adults, just with entities at a much smaller scale? And instead of dying of old age, they can just move back inside some kind of shelter or what not (the same place where they will come out after hatching them), despawn, and can be either soled for profit or placed somewhere in your park. No habitat required until respawned (placed) as adults, and maybe no diseases or being able to be tranqued?

These baby dinos would be their own dino entities of already existing in-game species, instead of new species. And like before, it would be very limited to what kinds you can choose from, meaning, there won't be a choice of every dinosaur in-game to have such form for the structure. As such, I've chosen at least 15 dinos that could work, all of which are from the base game. I don't how many it would take to make it one or more too many to work on, but I did my best, number wise, with some reasonings.

1. Gallimimus: Baby versions of this dinosaur exist in the petting zoo in Jurassic World, on-screen.

2. Apatosaurus: Another species whose baby versions exist both in the attraction and on-screen in the film. Especially where one was being hand fed and another being hugged.

3. Triceratops: Little trikes exist on-screen where children can ride them, although I think that detail alone would be too much to ask as it sounds impossible. But it they do exist on-screen as well as the petting zoo itself, and if the legacy skins are to be used, this can be a chance to use the designs the baby trike from The Lost World film (the same model design as the planned but cut baby trike for the first JP film). Although, I'm unsure if that would be possible since that means more models to work on.

4. Parasaurolophus: Another dinosaur seen at the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo in the background, albeit miniature sized models of the adults. Since paras are a classically known dino, why not give it a baby model too? With the legacy skins, it would add more skin choices, but when does it become too many models and meshes to ask for for this idea? That's the question.

5. Stegosaurus: Yet another dino seen in the background of the petting zoo on-screen. Baby stegos aren't made for the JW films, and I'm not sure if any would appear in Dominion. But if any are to be made, there's your break right there. A baby stego was made for The Lost World: Jurassic Park, so if legacy skins are to be used for the concept, this would be a good opportunity to bring the 1997 baby stego incarnation in-game!

6. Ankylosaurus: A well known dinosaur that would be a good choice for such concept, especially since one, by the name of "Bumpy", is the main dino character of Camp Cretaceous. If some kind of "Bumpy look alike" skin option is to come like, theoretically, in a DLC/update for a supposed second season of the show sometime after the Switch port's release, that would be a good opportunity to make a baby "Bumpy look alike" for the concept.

7. Corythosaurus: Another classically known hadrosaur that I think would feel rather unfair if left out in a basic sense. By the way, young corys were seen during the herd stampede scene in Jurassic Park III.

8. Brachiosaurus: A very famous dinosaur in the franchise that would be cool if given a baby version. However, because brachis have a total of 18 skins in-game, meaning there might be more models to deal with, I'm not sure if the dino as a whole would be a thing, or if the legacy skins as a whole won't be a thing for the entire concept as there would be so much work to do there, along with the others I'm listing.

9. Nasutoceratops: Cute baby nasutos have existed in the film series since Battle at Big Rock, and a prop of one is being used for the filming of Dominion, meaning they are at least planned for the next movie.

10. Maiasaura: A non-crested hadrosaur that would add not only some variety, but also to bring in the dinosaur known to be a "good mother" by Jack Horner, who consulted in the JP films and JWE itself, to life as little babies in-game, even if both them and the adults won't be together.

11. Struthiomimus: It is the very first and one of the easiest dinosaurs you can get and purchase, so why not do something similar here?

These next four dinosaurs are carnivores, especially since baby carnivores exist in the film series as well. So, this "petting zoo" won't really be something for guests to walk along beside any dinosaur, as that sounds too much to ask for, but they can walk in and out of the path areas protected by fencing. Now, I imagine the petting zoo having more than one enclosure, so you can have them separated, but if you mix them (if that can be possible) I wonder how that would work, animation and AI wise? I don't know about the last part.

12. Velociraptor: Baby raptors have existed since the very first Jurassic Park, and baby versions of the Raptor Squad exist in Fallen Kingdom. So, they could do it to the base game skins and, possibly, the JP and Raptor Squad skins, as long as the whole thing doesn't become too much to work on along with the rest of the dinos that get JP legacy skins.

13. Tyrannosaurus rex: A baby rex was a central focus in The Lost World film, and it has one of my favorite sounds in the series. Combine that along with the dinosaur being a very famous dinosaur, why not?

14. Spinosaurus: This is another famous large carnivore in the franchise, so why leave it out over just one? It doesn't sound or feel fair enough without further clarification. Plus, this can add some good variety.

15. Indominus rex: Although this dinosaur hybrid's baby model was never properly seen as a whole, it still appeared on-screen. Imagine what it would be like to see a full baby indo model? This can be a good opportunity, as well as adding some good variety if carnivores are to be added to the roster.

And this is it to the concept dino roster option list, should baby dinos are to be added as well as a "petting zoo" (if you can even call it that).

Last edited:
Baby Dinosaur entities for "Petting Zoo", list:
If any kind of "breeding" won't be a thing, that doesn't mean there's a zero chance of any baby dinosaurs to be implemented somehow. The in-game dinosaur entities are worked through professional AAA fields, so there's a lot of challenges for them to include babies, growing systems, and so fourth for all dinosaurs, especially since lots of them are included in priced DLCs, including skin variants. Which was why I suggested before that, should "something" (whatever that "something" should be) like that be implemented, be limited to a certain low number of selected species. But, if no such "breeding" will be a thing, whether or not they would be using baby dino models or what not, there's another alternative I've been thinking of.

Previously, way back when, I suggested that if a "petting zoo of sorts" be a thing, it would be a good idea to implement more small dinosaur species along with it. However, because this game aims to be primarily faithful to its source material, they might not be able to do that with "more small dino species", and instead might be able to do it with baby dinos of existing adult dinos! The petting zoo in Jurassic World, the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo, contains only young dinosaurs of already existing on-screen species as adults. Perhaps they could do something similar here.

Now, as I previously speculated before, I doubt this "petting zoo", or whatever it shall be called with the film's inspiration, would be something you can place, because of how this game is made as a whole. Instead, I see it as a pre-built structure entity that you can't remove either, just like an arrival point or an operations center, but where you can still hatch baby dinos. To make things easier, how about keeping their animation rigs the same as the adults, just with entities at a much smaller scale? And instead of dying of old age, they can just move back inside some kind of shelter or what not (the same place where they will come out after hatching them), despawn, and can be either soled for profit or placed somewhere in your park. No habitat required until respawned (placed) as adults, and maybe no diseases or being able to be tranqued?

These baby dinos would be their own dino entities of already existing in-game species, instead of new species. And like before, it would be very limited to what kinds you can choose from, meaning, there won't be a choice of every dinosaur in-game to have such form for the structure. As such, I've chosen at least 15 dinos that could work, all of which are from the base game. I don't how many it would take to make it one or more too many to work on, but I did my best, number wise, with some reasonings.

1. Gallimimus: Baby versions of this dinosaur exist in the petting zoo in Jurassic World, on-screen.

2. Apatosaurus: Another species whose baby versions exist both in the attraction and on-screen in the film. Especially where one was being hand fed and another being hugged.

3. Triceratops: Little trikes exist on-screen where children can ride them, although I think that detail alone would be too much to ask as it sounds impossible. But it they do exist on-screen as well as the petting zoo itself, and if the legacy skins are to be used, this can be a chance to use the designs the baby trike from The Lost World film (the same model design as the planned but cut baby trike for the first JP film). Although, I'm unsure if that would be possible since that means more models to work on.

4. Parasaurolophus: Another dinosaur seen at the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo in the background, albeit miniature sized models of the adults. Since paras are a classically known dino, why not give it a baby model too? With the legacy skins, it would add more skin choices, but when does it become too many models and meshes to ask for for this idea? That's the question.

5. Stegosaurus: Yet another dino seen in the background of the petting zoo on-screen. Baby stegos aren't made for the JW films, and I'm not sure if any would appear in Dominion. But if any are to be made, there's your break right there. A baby stego was made for The Lost World: Jurassic Park, so if legacy skins are to be used for the concept, this would be a good opportunity to bring the 1997 baby stego incarnation in-game!

6. Ankylosaurus: A well known dinosaur that would be a good choice for such concept, especially since one, by the name of "Bumpy", is the main dino character of Camp Cretaceous. If some kind of "Bumpy look alike" skin option is to come like, theoretically, in a DLC/update for a supposed second season of the show sometime after the Switch port's release, that would be a good opportunity to make a baby "Bumpy look alike" for the concept.

7. Corythosaurus: Another classically known hadrosaur that I think would feel rather unfair if left out in a basic sense. By the way, young corys were seen during the herd stampede scene in Jurassic Park III.

8. Brachiosaurus: A very famous dinosaur in the franchise that would be cool if given a baby version. However, because brachis have a total of 18 skins in-game, meaning there might be more models to deal with, I'm not sure if the dino as a whole would be a thing, or if the legacy skins as a whole won't be a thing for the entire concept as there would be so much work to do there, along with the others I'm listing.

9. Nasutoceratops: Cute baby nasutos have existed in the film series since Battle at Big Rock, and a prop of one is being used for the filming of Dominion, meaning they are at least planned for the next movie.

10. Maiasaura: A non-crested hadrosaur that would add not only some variety, but also to bring in the dinosaur known to be a "good mother" by Jack Horner, who consulted in the JP films and JWE itself, to life as little babies in-game, even if both them and the adults won't be together.

11. Struthiomimus: It is the very first and one of the easiest dinosaurs you can get and purchase, so why not do something similar here?

These next four dinosaurs are carnivores, especially since baby carnivores exist in the film series as well. So, this "petting zoo" won't really be something for guests to walk along beside any dinosaur, as that sounds too much to ask for, but they can walk in and out of the path areas protected by fencing. Now, I imagine teh petting zoo having more than one enclosure, so you can have them separated, but if you mix them (if that can be possible) I wonder how that would work, animation and AI wise? I don't know about the last part.

12. Velociraptor: Baby raptors have existed since the very first Jurassic Park, and baby versions of the Raptor Squad exist in Fallen Kingdom. So, they could do it to the base game skins and, possibly, the JP and Raptor Squad skins, as long as the whole thing doesn't become too much to work on along with the rest of the dinos that get JP legacy skins.

13. Tyrannosaurus rex: A baby rex was a central focus in The Lost World film, and it has one of my favorite sounds in the series. Combine that along with the dinosaur being a very famous dinosaur, why not?

14. Spinosaurus: This is another famous large carnivore in the franchise, so why leave it out over just one? It doesn't sound or feel fair enough without further clarification. Plus, this can add some good variety.

15. Indominus rex: Although this dinosaur hybrid's baby model was never properly seen as a whole, it still appeared on-screen. Imagine what it would be like to see a full baby indo model? This can be a good opportunity, as well as adding some good variety if carnivores are to be added to the roster.

And this is it to the concept dino roster option list, should baby dinos are to be added as well as a "petting zoo" (if you can even call it that).
I loved your idea! Dinosaur breeding would be awesome!
You should add in your list
Edmontosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Albertosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Ouranosaurus, Iguanodon, Chasmosaurus, Allosaurus and Diplodocus! Just ideas! :)

My Dinosaur Wishlist

Carnivores

1-Megalosaurus
2-Coelophysis
3-Torvosaurus
4-Mapusaurus
5-Lythronax
6-Daspletosaurus
7-Pycnonemosaurus
8-Saurornitholestes
9-Dromaeosaurus
10-Irritator

Herbivores

1-Lambeosaurus
2-Alamosaurus
3-Eotriceratops
4-Gryposaurus
5-Barosaurus
6-Leptoceratops
7-Lusotitan
8-Uberabatitan
9-Saurolophus
10-Parksosaurus

3+ Feathered Dinosaur Pack idea
I don't know what kind of new on-screen dinosaur species will be in Jurassic World: Dominion, so this is in case neither of these won't. In regards to "feathered dinosaurs" for this idea, I personally think it's best if it's dinosaurs that are truly known to have had feathers, or at least similar integument. What I realize in the film series is that, any dinosaur species in the series depicted with integument of any kind elsewhere is generally "hypothetical" as they currently don't show any evidence of any. But, this doesn't mean they truly did have "feathers" nor did they truly didn't. Velociraptor in the film series is a unique exception (even to a degree in JPIII) for both presumed chosen authenticity in many sequel films and presumed later in-universe related stuff. But, if any new screen time dino genus is to be added in the film series at this point in time, let alone in JWE, I personally think species with actual current integument discoveries would be good choices.

(This idea is based on how the current 3+ packs are made.)

1. Ornithomimus (North America): The first ornithomimid dinosaur to be described to science that lived until the end of the Cretaceous.

2. Kulindadromeus (Asia - Russia): A small dinosaur that is known to have feather-like integument with big scaly areas on its body.

3. Yutyrannus (Asia - China): A large carnivorous theropod and by far the largest non-avian dinosaur to preserve such direct evidence of feathers.
(You can say this choice was mostly inspired by the fact that a concept artist who worked on Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, Shaun Keenan, made a young Yuty for the show at one point.)

Top Bottom