@ChicagoZohan Ive seen best in slot play the alpha to PK awhile back and it does look good. You mentioned resizing objects and stuff which are great features as well. I got a feeling now since PZ has been out for a couple months competitors will look at what PZ has to offer and what they could offer to compete. Not necessarily referring to PK but any serious zoo style sim that would come out would more than likely add the things PZ doesn’t have or couldn’t offer. As for PC 2 I think it would obviously be much improved but if things like the ability to create functional water parks and other shortcomings the first games couldn’t offer it would still be disappointing in that regard. I enjoy both games but like PZ for example people want underwater swimming animations and animals and zt2 which is much older offers both of these you have to start questioning the cobra engine at that point.
You are certainly not wrong but do bear in mind a few things. First, the engine was modified between planco and planzo and it can be modified further for a sequel or even revamped.

And remember that when Zoo Tycoon 2 came out there were only two depths of water and underwater terrain couldn't be modified. It was Marine Mania that added those features.

On the other hand marine mania was an expansion pack and so far the Planet series has only had smaller DLCs. Is it possible that Planet Zoo will see some true expansion packs like an aviary or aquatic animals? Maybe....

@ChicagoZohan Ive seen best in slot play the alpha to PK awhile back and it does look good. You mentioned resizing objects and stuff which are great features as well. I got a feeling now since PZ has been out for a couple months competitors will look at what PZ has to offer and what they could offer to compete. Not necessarily referring to PK but any serious zoo style sim that would come out would more than likely add the things PZ doesn’t have or couldn’t offer. As for PC 2 I think it would obviously be much improved but if things like the ability to create functional water parks and other shortcomings the first games couldn’t offer it would still be disappointing in that regard. I enjoy both games but like PZ for example people want underwater swimming animations and animals and zt2 which is much older offers both of these you have to start questioning the cobra engine at that point.

I think its a smart move. The resizing will be a great feature for the builders. Same goes with the different life stages or amount of skin/coat variation.
I even think if a competitor would make a zoo game with less building pieces but more focus on being a zookeeper/visiting that would have their own fanbase.
it's great with have multiple options compared to 20 years ago :D

I think it's interesting to watch Frontier's other games as well. What engine/how do they use the Cobra Engine? They got the license to make F1 management games and a RTS Warhammer game as well.

Here's a dumb thought experiment: What would dinosaurs look like if they were put in PZ?

Since there's already an incentive to separate themselves from JW:E, I could easily see them going for accurate depictions ala. Prehistoric Kingdom with lips on the theropods, feathers on the raptors, the correct arrangement of toes and stuff, etc.

Here's a dumb thought experiment: What would dinosaurs look like if they were put in PZ?

We could get a lot of different opinions about the look. The feathers on the T-rex is the one discussion I always like to watch enfold.
I enjoy watching an expert talk about stuff like he was present when dinos were roaming on Earth. And to see another expert do the same but claiming the opposite. :D

With a lot of unclear visions, I think the popular opinion should determine the rule.
A while ago someone commented on wolfs/bears in 1 habitat. If only 5 zoos in the entire world do this, and several thousands don't do this - the opinion of several thousands should be the in-game feature.

Why are we discussing the potential look of animals that belong in other games?
There are loads of dino-games outside. No need for dinos here. All animals in PZ should be realistic animals. No unicorns, no dragons, no dinosaurs, no tribbles.

Why are we discussing the potential look of animals that belong in other games?
There are loads of dino-games outside. No need for dinos here. All animals in PZ should be realistic animals. No unicorns, no dragons, no dinosaurs, no tribbles.
We agree on that one.. I'm all for realism and a lot of people have voiced their opinion against fantasy/dinos (as far realism is possible)
I don't mind his question, it's an interesting one.

No thanks from me. I was not a fan of the dinosaurs in ZT1 or 2. Never played with them. There are other games one can play to get a dino fix. I'd rather the devs spent their valuable time creating new extant animals. We don't even have penguins yet, for goodness sake!

Last edited:
Top Bottom