Hardware & Technical DIY X52 Pro + Chair mod

Hi,

great information here. i built my own with shelf brackets, hose clamps & foam pipe insulation :). As far as RSI, after getting them properly set up, i can go indefinitely.

....not that i've challenged that number, but it works without pain for as long as i want to play.

i hope they work as brilliantly for you, too.

-Slick

So I saw this thread, was excited. Had a look around for the mounts, nobody has. Found a website that imports.. got excited... yeah.. Normal asking price for a single mount? 16 GBP. This import website? 60 GBP.
Think I'll pass for now until I find another way to build my joystick/throttle mount. Sigh.

Last edited:
So I saw this thread, was excited. Had a look around for the mounts, nobody has. Found a website that imports.. got excited... yeah.. Normal asking price for a single mount? 16 GBP. This import website? 60 GBP.
Think I'll pass for now until I find another way to build my joystick/throttle mount. Sigh.

Which mounts, the ones in the OP? CPC Farnell have them in stock (link in OP). You wrote GBP so I'm assuming you are in the UK.

Which mounts, the ones in the OP? CPC Farnell have them in stock (link in OP). You wrote GBP so I'm assuming you are in the UK.
I'm in South Africa, I wrote GBP to highlight the ridiculous price differences. A product that should cost me 16 GBP, will cost me 60 GBP because it's not sold here. :(
I'll find an alternative eventually, just frustrating that the exact thing I want... we don't have. xD

Last edited:
I'm in South Africa, I wrote GBP to highlight the ridiculous price differences. A product that should cost me 16 GBP, will cost me 60 GBP because it's not sold here. :(
I'll find an alternative eventually, just frustrating that the exact thing I want... we don't have. xD

The same in Spain.

Cost in Ebay 50€ or more,its ridiculous...I have the Thrustmaster Wartog - it cost 330€ - and the mount for this hotas 100€ :( - or more if you look for something specific...

Anyone who is having issues purchasing this kit let me know - via PM or email me directly:

rmartin
@
premierfarnell.com

and I will try and help if I can.

Things like exchange rates are out of my hands but if we can get you the products you want at an acceptable price we will.

Having the same issue as pretty much everyone who doesn't have a dedicated "battle chair" I've spent weeks tinkering something when I stumbled upon those VESA mounts.

They've just arrived yesterday and here's my "build".
Don't worry I adjusted the angle of the throttle and got rid of most of the dust xD

3Ji8ZCa.jpg

Since I had to mount the VESA things sideways I had to drill a couple of holes into the baseplate because they only got them at 90° angles:

AYPwk9E.jpg

And instead of velcro I used some plywood boards I had laying around:

dyFbYSf.jpg

Here are the screws I used to attach the bases to the boards (as far as I remember they're M5x65mm with countersunk heads with matching nuts):

b7bsqbe.jpg

Attachment detail:

GywLd5t.jpg

Another view:

usvFsYA.jpg

Top Bottom