• horizontal log walls
  • a bird for the americas
  • south american animals

What are things we dont:
  • the temperate carnivoran that didnt make it in twillight
  • filler ungulates with nothing unique about them
  • a pack with neither a monkey, reptile or a bird
  • a focus on europe or north america

So what if we take all of the good things with none of the bad things and make it a temperate scenery pack thats just a little bit more interesting?
So culprit one is a cute as a button small and furry carnivore that ticks every box of the redundant carnivoran besides one, being a carnivoran.
Im talking about the eastern quoll, the only quoll species kept outside of oceania with 9 european holdings and the quoll with the largest conservation effort behind them.
As i mentioned they would fill every check regarding the typical carnivoran rep but actually is a carnivorous maruspial, a group we only have one of in the game and would give australia a second climber and the first one that isnt lethargic enough that some people say it would have been better as an exhibit.
The eastern quoll would be perfect to add some new, climeable trees for temperate australia, giving the region not only a fun new twist for habitat design but also just some more of the basic trees it desperatly needs.
View attachment 396625

Staying in oceania, we got the tuatara, the exhibit animal with propaply the highest impact left for its region. As one of only a few non waterfowl animals from newzealand to be featured in admitedly only 3 zoos they are a staple of any zoo actually in new zealand and as one of the oldest living vertebrate fossils a sight to behold. It would finally add another lizard, give a second use for the temperate exhibit and would throw that little bit of love to a specific part of the world like we all want for our favorite places. Theyd add much more then most likly any other classic exhibit animal and are a true icon of new zealand, so im confident theres no better pick.
Regarding fitting plants new zealand just got a big spike with the oceania pack, but even so 1 or 2 more can never hurt to throw any person interested in building a zoo in newzealand a bone.
View attachment 396637
Next up we got the ungulate of the pack, the southern pudu our first mini ungulate that isnt the collared peccary. As the second smallest deer in the world, being only 35-45 cm tall they are endemic to the valvidian temperate forest, the second largest temperate rainforest in the world and a place we currently have literally nothing from. Also just like oceania its part of the antarctic flora, which includes all plants that are believed to have developed from relatives on the old supercontinent gondwana. A selection of bamboo, ferns and one or two trees would help to diversify south american plants in game greatly and in combination with the pudu we have a great small package to represent this criminally unknown region.
View attachment 396628

To swap hemispheres we go to the temperate forests of asia and did i say forest? I meant everything because theres a certain primate thats known to have the second largest range of any primate, only second to us humans. Does this map help you guess who it is?
View attachment 396633
If your answer was rhesus macaque your gold right. Fun fact! Did you know that rhesus macaques would qualify for every single biome tag in the game besides aquatic and even the not existing but in the real world rather prevalent city biome? And that their range is for a third temperate or colder?
But for the macaque itself, we all know the memes of them being just japanese macaque model upgrades, but in reality they are much more. For one they got a tail but they are also far less bulky, only weighing about 2 thirds of the just a bit taller japanese macaques. Their fur is much shorter and less shaggy, covering many different colors from silvery gray to coppery reddish brown, making them clearly differentiable.
For the plants they could bring, temperate asia is another region of the world thats not that greatly represented in planet zoo, but the thing most exciting would defenetly be some new bamboo. Bamboo is such a great tool for low budget theming but the two kinds we got in the base game while great are still just 2 different kinds, so a third or even a forth one would diversify our asian theming by alot.
View attachment 396635

For the last animal we got a few options, with the most obvious choice being a north american or european animal, something that most likly depends if you live on one of those continents. North americans swear on the American Black Bear, Europeans seem mostly content but as one myself getting atleast one last animal does sound very exciting, but what if we are a little crazy? What about we just do both?
As you might have noticed we dont have a bird yet and there is one that lives in 80%+ of the temperate areaa of the world, that features beautiful iridescent green and blue feathers, a bright yellow beak, orange feet, a deep brown on a creamy gray base and many black and white highlights and the female also doesnt look to shabby with a beautiful light brown coverd in many black spots and stripes. What is this colorfull beautiful yet omnipresent bird?
.. its a mallard but before you buh me, this truly is a beautiful bird, something no one notices just because of how darn common they are, but how is a bird with a bright green head and lots of colorfull features, patterns and markings not one of the pretty birds? This aint no ugly duckling but a baechlour with a literally irridescent shine.
And do they live in what feels like every puddle on the planet? Yes but that is a good thing as it also means they represent every puddle on the planet, including most likly your neighborhood, place of work and the ponds in your local zoo. The mallard duck is the ultimate ambient animal and a pack focused on providing a little bit more to build a stronger backbone for our plants, our ambience really does fit them very well.We could even include a white colormorph to represent the most common colormorph of the domestic duck aswell as some piebalds to represent mixed hatchlings, this animal is just so incredibly flexible and adaptable to allmost any context needed while sharing habitat with literally every other animal in the pack besides apparantly the pudu. Truly a jack of all trades
View attachment 396638
View attachment 396640
Hate to bring it to you but tuataras aint lizards

America's Animal Pack:
Description: Set sail to the new land and explore the new world of America's with Planet Zoo: America's Animal Pack! Bring yourself in vast landscapes and undeniable beauty as you welcome an array species to your zoos, including seven habitat species and one exhibit primate/sloth.

Animals:
  • American Black Bear [Headliner]
  • Geoffrey's Spider Monkey/Black Howler Monkey
  • Sea Otter
  • Pacific Walrus
  • Patagonian Mara
- Greater Rhea/Roseate Spoonbill
  • White-Nosed Coatimundi
  • Golden Lion Tamarin/Linnaeus Two-Toed Sloth [WTE]

Reason why I choose:
I choose the American Black Bear, as its a wanted bear. Yes I know it can be replaced by Spectacled Bear but it seems more likely. For the Geoffrey's Spider Monkey/Black Howler Monkey, both are fine if it brings a second primate to South America. The Sea otter has been brought up in a lot of Coastal packs so its a good Idea to bring them here. Pacific walrus may not be loved by most of the community, but it will bring a very good addition with unique animations compared to other pinnipeds. Patagonian mara will finally bring another rodent with antelope like behaviors and Greater rhea/Roseate spoonbill finally bringing a bird to the Americas.
White Nosed Coati because duh why not and Golden Lion Tamarin because we get our first exhibit primate and our 3rd primate from Americas.

Enrichment:
Glacier
[A small floatable object that Walruses, King penguins, and grey seals can interact with.]
Sea Urchin [A food enrichment that allows Sea otters to play with their iconic urchin]

Scenario:
You with Bernie Sanders open up a Stellar zoo in Brazil.

Free Update 1.18:
Modular Nocturnal Houses
  • Blocks sunglight
  • Can create medium/small exhibit for your nocturnal friends
New Americas Foliage
Bugs/Lag Fixes

I could see a future East Asia/Central Asia pack, literally because its a theme already. Southeast Asia doesn't justify for China, Japan and other countries. Its also an amazing way to add Mandarin ducks, pheasants, GSNM, Peres david, and Chinese Alligator.

it would be cool if they combined a biome and region pack like arid and did a “snowscapes pack” which focuses on the snowy mountains in Asia, specifically China. We could get the GSNM as the headliner, Pallas cat, Markhor, Golden Pheasant and the Mangshan pit viper in the exhibit with a Nepal or Tibetan style architecture set.
1720312009834.jpeg

1720312045034.jpeg

1720312082761.jpeg

1720312136311.jpeg

1720311920368.jpeg

img_0006.png

A fun twist on both an Asian pack and a tundra / mountains pack, like a three way mix. It could be a hit.

it would be cool if they combined a biome and region pack like arid and did a “snowscapes pack” which focuses on the snowy mountains in Asia, specifically China. We could get the GSNM as the headliner, Pallas cat, Markhor, Golden Pheasant and the Mangshan pit viper in the exhibit with a Nepal or Tibetan style architecture set.
View attachment 396670
View attachment 396671
View attachment 396672
View attachment 396673
View attachment 396669
img_0006.png

A fun twist on both an Asian pack and a tundra / mountains pack, like a three way mix. It could be a hit.
this will give frontier so much yuan

View attachment 396670
View attachment 396671
View attachment 396672
View attachment 396673
View attachment 396669
img_0006.png

amazing idea, if this was an animal pack if they continue the animal pack till death scenario I would see the roster being:

Golden Snub Nosed Monkey [Star of Chinese Zoo's]
Markhor [Iconic Ungulate of the Mountains]
Golden Pheasant [China's poster child bird also being prevalent]
Palla's Cat [See it in every Asia/mountains animal pack, 100% beloved]
Yak/Himalayan Tahr [Yes, I know that these are ungulates, but they are quite cool ones. See them sometimes in Asia/Himalayan sections.]
Himalayan Marmot [Could bring a unique rodent that imo, would be a nice addition to this game and himalayan sections]
Yellow-Throated Marten [Seen these guys in quite a lot of East Asia speculations. They also would be fitting for a small animal habitat for them.]
Himalayan Monal [Brings another pheasant to the game with its quite lovely appearance and would possibly be an amazing bird habitat with the Golden Pheasants.]
Japanese Giant Salamander/Koi Fish Pond [JGS=E] [KFP=WTE] [The reason I choose both and either one would be chosen is both are iconic, especially koi fish and Japanese giant salamander being a legend.]

If we get more ungulates they don't necessarily have to have a different build style because that's kinda a weird argument and is being applied really selectively, they need to also be a useful addition to the region such as the blackbuck
not every animal needs to be unique in terms of looks they just need to serve a unique purpose and cause a change in the ways we build a springbok, thomsons gazelle and dama gazelle will all inevitably have very similar habitat because they share many of the same habitat defining traits such as size, enrichment, movement, and environment the blackbuck changes the environment is it going to revolutionise how we build no it isnt but it is going to be more a change then adding say the arabian oryx or something like that so its a step in the right direction but on its own wouldnt make the pack feel exciting.
I think the best additions to the game are the ones that let you do something totally new such as butterflies because if a new animal barely changes how a habitat needs to be designed besides for foliage it isnt going to hold much of an impact no matter how important the animal is to whatever region it represents or zoos as a whole. We do need both though if all we ever got was "butterflies" we would still be missing so many zoo staples which just dont innovate on habitat design but would make the game feel empty we need the "blackbucks" to make the game feel authentic but we also need the novelty of new ways to build that non ungulates or different styles of ungulates can bring.
Why sea turtle tho? They are fully aquatic aswell, females laying eggs is literally the only time the leave the water
Because unlike the manatee they can move on land enough to get themselves into the water from the landlocked habitat gates mantee would need a gate redesign which I honestly dont think would be that hard. In terms of theming though I think manatee suits a zoo more than a sea turtle though both are extremely unlikely.
Woah let's not get ahead of ourselves

Most likely we could get
  • Tree that only serves as a bush
  • Brick wall #6
  • Slightly bigger buddleia bush
  • Thatch roof #5
  • Broken enrichment that was fixed last update
in all seriousness when was the last time we got a new enrichment from what I remember it was the pumpkin ball in twilight

Arboreal pack imo was never really likely.
Mountain pack i could still totally see if support continues for another year (inhales copium), although due to the addition of takin and wolverine last year its much more suitable to be a scenery pack now.
Markhor, bear, baboon, monal for example paired with a himalayan or tibetan theme and a new rock set for example would be cool
Mountains pack is still entirely possible since only the takin was really taken from the lineup since wolverine was the obligatory shove it in because it was number one on the wishlist pick and never fit the them well. Arboreal was always just copium to get the tree roo, coati and more monkeys.
I think we can count on an update and DLC announcement sometime this month, and probably a release as well. The Frontier Unlocked livestream confirmed that we're getting another animal pack, so this summer DLC is most likely that. Personally, I think we'll get the update announcement on July 15, the DLC announcement on July 16, and the release on July 30.
This is almost impossible since all the markers that point towards a dlc release in the steamdb have yet to happen which it is generally 3 weeks from that point the dlc releases. It will be at the earliest be early august with if it is a summer release the reveal happening on unlocked stream this month the same as barnyard.

Traveller's tree isn't a true palm (closer to a bird of paradise or bananas), but yeah, that and the Bismarck palm are the more common Madagascan plants I know.
travelerspal.jpg
Bismarckia-Nobilis.jpg

I've seen Golden cane palms & Triangle palms. Don't think I've seen Majestic palms or Sugarcane palms, but they sound common.
20120316120838_01100.jpg
51EnVt1MESL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
9545ae_ccfb0eab9bf14782b013a6e1747dbf99~mv2.jpg
Palms-.jpg

Decarya & Alluaudia are some interesting Madagascan plants, though here in Adelaide they're in the palm house in the botanic gardens, so not I'm not sure if they're harder to keep.
il_570xN.5086721502_4fwi.jpg
24bb0f3d4a55ade1d7f6a0518be5ba15.jpg
65cc777d15cdcf40ae1f52947e71fad7.jpg
1000_F_104905080_cJsb3UDV45mmgxsVMjnZDdXSWKDmWtUz.jpg
Alluaudia looks cool. I agree with the palms and temperate Australia.
There are a few plants I want personally.
1720347583725.png

One is a pretty icon of some of the European Countryside, one is an important crop of Tropics, Dogwoods are among the most beautiful flowers, I think its weird we don't have a typical fruit tree and fresh strawberries are a treat of summer.
I hope for new enrichment as well.

View attachment 396670
View attachment 396671
View attachment 396672
View attachment 396673
View attachment 396669
img_0006.png

Oh i'm loving your new found love for the Golden boy. There is no turning back after this.

Back
Top Bottom