Likewise I made a Forest pack like this:

1. Wood duck
  2. Black howler monkey
  3. Roseate spoonbill
  4. Black and white colobus
  5. Slender snouted crocodile
  6. Muntjac
  7. Golden pheasant
Which is also gone, I know a lot of speculation posts get made in this thread but surely someone remembers I posted this and the coastal thread I made above? I feel crazy rn 😂

I could see a coastal pack happening with some more support.
I kinda doubt it would be an animal pack tho, mainly because otter, walrus and other seals aside it basicly would be all birds, and as cool as that would be i just dont see it.
So i definetly expect it as a scenery pack, we had the aquatic and oceania packs with a similar theme yeah, but you can probably make it different enough to stand out.
Like weahtered horizantal wood with nautical pieces like anchors and shipping containers, maybe a bit of pirate stuff. Not saying its super likely, but i could see it happening

I've said it many times before and I'm sure I'll say it many times in the future - I'm desperate for more eucalypts. For temperate Australia your tree options essentially boil down to nothing but stringybark trees and the occasional silky oak, and any additional temperate eucalypt would be revolutionary for me at this point.

(river red gum, blue gum, swamp gum and manna gum are the ones shown above, just a few of many many options)

In regards to other local plants, grass trees would also go a long way in making Australian builds feel more authentic - they're just such an iconic part of the bushland landscape.
Mum reckons it's a ratty looking plant, but Weeping Bottlebrushes seem common. Golden Wattle is the floral emblem of Australia, might be worthwhile.
Melaleuca-viminalis-1-1.jpg
normal_Acacia_pycnantha_tree_Calder_Highway_Sunbury_Tree_CC_small.jpg

Coast Banksias (B. integrifolia) seem the most common Banksia, though there's quite a few species, even groundcover Banksias (B. blechnifolia & B. petiolaris). The common Woolly bush from Western Australia is decently distinct (its newer leaves are very soft, they're a bit like tails).
banksia-integrifolia-coast-banksia.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_eb40_1024x1024@2x.jpg
BAN14.jpg
6329623701_87ea696228_c.jpg
ADESER20.jpg

In terms of herbs, Kangaroo paws are one I hear of frequently. Billy buttons (Pycnosorus) seem simple to make. Sturt's Desert Pea is a pretty distinct desert flower.
anigozanthos_kangaroo-paw_bush-ballad-1.jpg
Anigozanthos_BushDance_garden.jpg
image_9aa6a325-f24b-4e69-94ec-67e423cf0007_1800x1800.jpg
ae2837_1b8d3e0a0a8b4605bca5636cad5a4379~mv2.jpg

I don't really see too many other options with an animal pack coming up that seem logical other than Collections pack (as last DLC), (Latin)-America DLC or Safari pack. Other options don't seem logical at all.

Forest Animal Pack:
Golden Snub Nosed Monkey {Headliner}
Golden Pheasant
American Wood Duck
American Black Bear
North American Porcupine
North American Wild Turkey
Reeve's Muntjac/Short Beaked Echidna
Sugar Gliders/European Squirrel [WTE]

Not to veer too much into politics but

View attachment 395622
Brother, as a Chinese, I can frankly tell you "Just relax". Let's assume that this news is not a spoof joke, let me talk about something related to it. Since I was in elementary school, there have been constant "China collapse theory" and politicians from other countries pointing fingers at us. They often ignore the real demands of ordinary people in their own countries, but pay close attention to what is happening in China. But as you can see, the lives of us Chinese have been getting better and better. Decades ago, owning a private car in China was a symbol of status, but now how to overcome the daily "traffic congestion problem" has become a worry for many Chinese families. The same is true for many other aspects. So, man, relax, if the next DLC is good enough and attractive enough for Chinese players, it is not a big deal to double the price. Currently, a PZ DLC on the Steam platform costs a little more than $7 in China, and a McDonald's hamburger, fries and coke meal costs about $5 in China. In China's big cities, if you want to treat your friends or the girl you like to a decent dinner, the per capita cost can easily exceed 30 US dollars. Although 30 US dollars is not a "big money", what I want to express is that a PZ DLC is really not a huge expense for a Chinese, even if it is twice as expensive. If it is good enough and attractive enough for Chinese players, then this is not a problem. In the current game market in China, a game based on the story of "Journey to the West" called "Black Myth: Wukong" started pre-sale on the STEAM platform on June 17, with two versions of 268 RMB (about 38 US dollars) and 328 RMB (about 46 US dollars). In just 3 days, its pre-sale amount exceeded 100 million RMB (I bought the 328 RMB version). So, the price is not the problem, the problem is how a British company can pay attention, understand and use a calm business mind to win the love of Chinese players. (PS: Especially since it is clearly Sichuan Takin in the game, but they stubbornly call it Takin. Many people have pointed this out, many of whom are not Chinese, but we still haven't seen any changes. To be honest, I still don't understand why)
微信图片_20240708230535(1).jpg

Likewise I made a Forest pack like this:

1. Wood duck
  2. Black howler monkey
  3. Roseate spoonbill
  4. Black and white colobus
  5. Slender snouted crocodile
  6. Muntjac
  7. Golden pheasant
Which is also gone, I know a lot of speculation posts get made in this thread but surely someone remembers I posted this and the coastal thread I made above? I feel crazy rn 😂
You’re not crazy, I defo remember some of these packs plus I think it was you who posted an Amazon pack that I tried looking for a couple weeks ago and is just gone

Brother, as a Chinese, I can frankly tell you "Just relax". Let's assume that this news is not a spoof joke, let me talk about something related to it. Since I was in elementary school, there have been constant "China collapse theory" and politicians from other countries pointing fingers at us. They often ignore the real demands of ordinary people in their own countries, but pay close attention to what is happening in China. But as you can see, the lives of us Chinese have been getting better and better. Decades ago, owning a private car in China was a symbol of status, but now how to overcome the daily "traffic congestion problem" has become a worry for many Chinese families. The same is true for many other aspects. So, man, relax, if the next DLC is good enough and attractive enough for Chinese players, it is not a big deal to double the price. Currently, a PZ DLC on the Steam platform costs a little more than $7 in China, and a McDonald's hamburger, fries and coke meal costs about $5 in China. In China's big cities, if you want to treat your friends or the girl you like to a decent dinner, the per capita cost can easily exceed 30 US dollars. Although 30 US dollars is not a "big money", what I want to express is that a PZ DLC is really not a huge expense for a Chinese, even if it is twice as expensive. If it is good enough and attractive enough for Chinese players, then this is not a problem. In the current game market in China, a game based on the story of "Journey to the West" called "Black Myth: Wukong" started pre-sale on the STEAM platform on June 17, with two versions of 268 RMB (about 38 US dollars) and 328 RMB (about 46 US dollars). In just 3 days, its pre-sale amount exceeded 100 million RMB (I bought the 328 RMB version). So, the price is not the problem, the problem is how a British company can pay attention, understand and use a calm business mind to win the love of Chinese players. (PS: Especially since it is clearly Sichuan Takin in the game, but they stubbornly call it Takin. Many people have pointed this out, many of whom are not Chinese, but we still haven't seen any changes. To be honest, I still don't understand why)View attachment 396831
There is a Chinese player base, maybe in Planet zoo 2 or if Planet zoo continues we can see a Chinese themed pack with Zoo stars like GSNM, Golden Pheasant and Chinese Alligators.

You’re not crazy, I defo remember some of these packs plus I think it was you who posted an Amazon pack that I tried looking for a couple weeks ago and is just gone
Weird, maybe it’s a server issue? Maybe I did something and the mods removed them? Maybe I predicted a pack and they removed it (lol not likely but funny to think about).

Can everyone else check and see if they have their posts between May 20th and the month of June? Mine seem to be gone, either that or I need to manually look through all 200 pages.

ok I double checked, I’m guessing it was a glitch. The June stuff was there, I just couldn’t search for it.

I’m gonna assume that @Captain Callum is right and they are removing some old wishlists, if anyone else can confirm that would be nice.

Last edited:
Have they done that before? To be honest the stuff I posted was over a month ago I’m surprised they got deleted.

Also that doesn’t explain why every post I made got deleted.
Not entirely sure if that's happened before, usually it's when an argument spirals out of control or excessive offtopic posts when a mod removes many posts. It's a possibility though that June had a ridiculous amount of wishlists and a mod thought to trim down the posts, possibly by chance many of yours. Or some issue on the forum side of things where your posts just magically disappeared, I wouldn't be too concerned as many of these speculation thread posts aren't too important. If it was like my zoo thread posts, I would be contacting a mod the moment I knew about it.

Not entirely sure if that's happened before, usually it's when an argument spirals out of control or excessive offtopic posts when a mod removes many posts. It's a possibility though that June had a ridiculous amount of wishlists and a mod thought to trim down the posts, possibly by chance many of yours. Or some issue on the forum side of things where your posts just magically disappeared, I wouldn't be too concerned as many of these speculation thread posts aren't too important. If it was like my zoo thread posts, I would be contacting a mod the moment I knew about it.
Yeah I’m not too concerned I just thought it was weird, it’s never happened to me before. I mean this whole thread is for speculation, but yeah I can see how the same wishlists over and over can be an issue.

I’m just “upset” because I actually liked those two wishlists I made, it’s not the end of the earth though. I’ve mostly been speculating off the idea of a “zoo keeper” pack because I truly believe anything is fair game right now. I just think it’s good to keep an open mind, Frontier could do ANYTHING with this upcoming pack.

(granted it’s still also equally likely to be a zoo keeper pack)

watch the next pack not be a latin america pack but be an second africa pack like oceania and australia though a safari pack wouldn't even be that bad.

watch the next pack not be a latin america pack but be an second africa pack like oceania and australia though a safari pack wouldn't even be that bad.
Nothing will be that bad IMO everything has its uses, though I think I can safely say South America needs it more.

Yes I wouldn’t be horribly excited for another Africa pack, but I guarantee I will find a use for it.
North America doesn’t need another pack, but I can find a use for it.
Oceania, Europe, and Asia could be the theme for the upcoming pack and I can find a use for it.

The only thing I want from Frontier is to against the grain a bit, if you aren’t gonna have a lot of birds make the pack more new and exciting! If you are gonna have a bunch of birds then please GO AHEAD. Even if the final pack isn’t what “I want” I’ll be happy if it’s a bit more out of the Frontier usual as of late. (Ungulate fatigue cough cough)

Nothing will be that bad IMO everything has its uses, though I think I can safely say South America needs it more.

Yes I wouldn’t be horribly excited for another Africa pack, but I guarantee I will find a use for it.
North America doesn’t need another pack, but I can find a use for it.
Oceania, Europe, and Asia could be the theme for the upcoming pack and I can find a use for it.

The only thing I want from Frontier is to against the grain a bit, if you aren’t gonna have a lot of birds make the pack more new and exciting! If you are gonna have a bunch of birds then please GO AHEAD. Even if the final pack isn’t what “I want” I’ll be happy if it’s a bit more out of the Frontier usual as of late. (Ungulate fatigue cough cough)
Imo, Safari, Latin America would be good packs, Another Asia pack to get Chinese animals would be very good for the Chinese community and can bring good animals for Asian themed zoos, We could get a somewhat pacific west scenery pack. Europe IMO could have some more animals but feels completed. Oceania only needs a rockhopper penguin, tree kangaroo and echidna and I think that's done.

Safari Animal Pack:
Secretary Bird {Headliner}
Hamadryas Baboon/Olive Baboon
Honey Badger
Black Buck
Grey Crowned Crane
Kirk Dik Dik
Patagonian Mara
60 Safari ride/sign pieces
Colorable Safari Themed for Safari Tour rides

ok I double checked, I’m guessing it was a glitch. The June stuff was there, I just couldn’t search for it.

I’m gonna assume that @Captain Callum is right and they are removing some old wishlists, if anyone else can confirm that would be nice.

FWIW, I ran a quick search for posts by you that included "sea otter" and came up with this post from you on May 7th in the context of what sort of coastal pack you might want to see: "1-2 mammals, another pinniped and then maybe the sea otter. I would love to have it be made of reptiles, birds, and fish mostly."

Maybe you were just thinking it was more detailed than it was?
I’m just “upset” because I actually liked those two wishlists I made, it’s not the end of the earth though. I’ve mostly been speculating off the idea of a “zoo keeper” pack because I truly believe anything is fair game right now. I just think it’s good to keep an open mind, Frontier could do ANYTHING with this upcoming pack.

(granted it’s still also equally likely to be a zoo keeper pack)
I mean, they could have always done anything. Haha. For me, it's mostly about what feels likely based on demand from the fanbase (because that's what will drive sales). And that's where I jump to the zookeeper pack.

They may also have something wild under their hats that changes everything... But I kinda doubt that.

I also find it interesting that JWE2 ended on a "general" pack and with PlanCo it ended with a very specific (though undeniably popular) theme (Ghostbusters) but the pack before that one was the Classic Rides Collection that added a lot of highly-requested, more general stuff. So it almost fits the same pattern/idea just with the more general one coming as second to last. :ROFLMAO:

Hard swings in any direction will undeniably help the game. Especially if it's tied (somehow) into a new feature. But that's the other joy of the zookeeper pack! It would keep the roster focused on demand rather than fitting it all into a single niche.

FWIW, I ran a quick search for posts by you that included "sea otter" and came up with this post from you on May 7th in the context of what sort of coastal pack you might want to see: "1-2 mammals, another pinniped and then maybe the sea otter. I would love to have it be made of reptiles, birds, and fish mostly."

Maybe you were just thinking it was more detailed than it was?

I mean, they could have always done anything. Haha. For me, it's mostly about what feels likely based on demand from the fanbase (because that's what will drive sales). And that's where I jump to the zookeeper pack.

They may also have something wild under their hats that changes everything... But I kinda doubt that.

I also find it interesting that JWE2 ended on a "general" pack and with PlanCo it ended with a very specific (though undeniably popular) theme (Ghostbusters) but the pack before that one was the Classic Rides Collection that added a lot of highly-requested, more general stuff. So it almost fits the same pattern/idea just with the more general one coming as second to last. :ROFLMAO:

Hard swings in any direction will undeniably help the game. Especially if it's tied (somehow) into a new feature. But that's the other joy of the zookeeper pack! It would keep the roster focused on demand rather than fitting it all into a single niche.
Ok so I manually went back and checked, I found them! They were around pages 170-190.

I think the search function was bugged, so unfortunately the tale of my great conspiracy is over.

But yeah, even if the final pack is low on birds, I want it to be exciting. If it’s another ungulate heavy pack it will just be a dull way to end the game imo.

Maybe there is another big JWE2 pack coming that no one is expecting. And maybe that would be the case for Planet Zoo as well? Something like zookeeper's collection animal pack heavy on LATAM and Oceania and then BOOM Disney's Animal Kingdom Scnery Pack/Expansion to fullfill Africa/Asia 6 month later when no-one was expecting more content.

Back
Top Bottom