DLC18 discussion and predictions

Also important to remember that for 3 out of the 4 there literally are no ungulates to chose for the pack lol :D
Could have squeezed something silly like the water buffalo or a semi-aquatic antelope into Aquatic if they were really desperate lol. Funnily enough though I've always been quite partial to the idea of Reeves' muntjac being an alternate species for the Twilight Pack, they'd have fit the temperate crepuscular vibes of that pack very well imo (not to mention their little vampire fangs).

If they shoehorn another Palearctic ungulate into an islands pack with the potential for so many unique species unlike any other, I’m gonna shrivel up like a slug in salt. ;-;

Japanese serow might be the sole exception but even then there are so, so many better picks.

Last edited:
Could have squeezed something silly like the water buffalo or a semi-aquatic antelope into Aquatic if they were really desperate lol. Funnily enough though I've always been quite partial to the idea of Reeves' muntjac being an alternate species for the Twilight Pack, they'd have fit the temperate crepuscular vibes of that pack very well imo (not to mention their little vampire fangs).
I mean the reeves muntjac is always a fantastic animal, one of the ungulates I wouldn’t mind seeing on the final dlc. Now do I want it to replace a bird or monkey? Depends on if we got more in the pack or not.

Part of me wants to believe that for a final pack, just this one time, just once frontier is going to focus on the groups they have been neglecting for the last 4 years.
But the other part knows deep down 6 out of 7 habitat slots are going to carnivorans and ungulates, so birds, primates and everything else will have to duke it out for the last slot as per usual
I’m gonna be hopeful, but also prepare myself for the inevitable. Part of me thinks that Frontier is gonna do something great! People have asked for monkeys and birds so long it’s not like they haven’t noticed.

I also agree, the odds that everything will continue on the same is also as equally high. If that’s the case we just have to hope the dlc is evenly balanced even among the usual choices.

Part of me wants to believe that for a final pack, just this one time, just once frontier is going to focus on the groups they have been neglecting for the last 4 years.
But the other part knows deep down 6 out of 7 habitat slots are going to carnivorans and ungulates, so birds, primates and everything else will have to duke it out for the last slot as per usual
What i want to believe is that all the species in the next pack would be picked among the top 30 of the metawishlist. I don't think there are many ungulates left that people are actively asking for other than musk ox, markhor and blackbuck.

I know they will probably not make a ton of monkeys, but i expect at least two (baboon and NWM) and more than a couple birds (c´mon Frontier most of the most wanted habitat birds are basically just clones, not that hard to please us at this point).

For me an Island pack would be:
Tree Kangaroo [Headliner]
Coquerel's Sifaka
American Flamingo/Carribean Flamingo
Nene
Southern Rockhopper Penguin
Victoria's Crowned Penguin
Southern Sea Otter/Walrus
Japanese Giant Salamander [E]

Im wondering how Planet zoo will handle things, will they just include the animals from the past game to base game making everyone from Planet Zoo 1 paying dlc's basically getting scam or will they put past dlc animals and make them have to bought with DLC again...

If they shoehorn another Palearctic ungulate into an islands pack with the potential for so many unique species unlike any other, I’m gonna shrivel up like a slug in salt. ;-;

Japanese serow might be the sole exception but even then there are so, so many better picks.
The only ungulate I'd be happy seeing in an islands pack is the lowland anoa, and that's just because I want another endemic species from Sulawesi to mix with the babirusa and have a big soft spot for them thanks to their cute appearance (dwarf buffalo ❤️). However, I'd also get my Sulawesi fix with the crested macaque in the interest of getting another monkey, even if I have a slight personal preference for the anoa.

The only ungulate I'd be happy seeing in an islands pack is the lowland anoa, and that's just because I want another endemic species from Sulawesi to mix with the babirusa and have a big soft spot for them thanks to their cute appearance (dwarf buffalo ❤️). However, I'd also get my Sulawesi fix with the crested macaque in the interest of getting another monkey, even if I have a slight personal preference for the anoa.

1720807551662.png

Yeah but the aquatic pack is very much about the deep diving feature, which i guess counts for the buffalo but thats a very big stretch. Which is also why im sure stuff like ducks, pelicans or wading birds were never in the cards for aquatic
What i want to believe is that all the species in the next pack would be picked among the top 30 of the metawishlist. I don't think there are many ungulates left that people are actively asking for other than musk ox, markhor and blackbuck.

I know they will probably not make a ton of monkeys, but i expect at least two (baboon and NWM) and more than a couple birds (c´mon Frontier most of the most wanted habitat birds are basically just clones, not that hard to please us at this point).
Im gonna be real here its either baboon or a NW monkey, as much as it pains me i highly doubt we will see both, and going by frontiers track record its totally possible they wont do either and just pretend that monkeys dont exist again. For birds best i can see is 2 which most likely are rhea and secretary, which are fine i guess but really not the two id pick.
So yeah i fully expect a dissapointment :D

Last edited:
Im wondering how Planet zoo will handle things, will they just include the animals from the past game to base game making everyone from Planet Zoo 1 paying dlc's basically getting scam or will they put past dlc animals and make them have to bought with DLC again...
Guess we will see how they do it with planet coaster 2, my hopes for existing player support regarding dlc content is rather low.

Guess we will see how they do it with planet coaster 2, my hopes for existing player support regarding dlc content is rather low.
the problem is that most people who have all dlcs payed over 200 USD so I wont be too happy if they make us rebuy it or put them in base game
[Yeah I was dummy and didn't know instant gaming existed 💀 ]

the problem is that most people who have all dlcs payed over 200 USD so I wont be too happy if they make us rebuy it or put them in base game
[Yeah I was dummy and didn't know instant gaming existed 💀 ]
The majority of players don't actually use those third party resellers, the practise behind them isn't exactly the most secure way of keeping that dlc with lots of stories about dlc keys magically disappearing overnight. For me, I bought all the dlc from steam at full price so the way frontier manages this (or doesn't) is really important for me to consider moving to a sequel. I believe a good chunk of animals from dlcs are going to be locked behind dlc possibly years after release, the only and only reason I would accept this is full aquarium support, anything less and I stick with the first game.

Yeah but the aquatic pack is very much about the deep diving feature, which i guess counts for the buffalo but thats a very big stretch. Which is also why im sure stuff like ducks, pelicans or wading birds were never in the cards for aquatic

Im gonna be real here its either baboon or a NW monkey, as much as it pains me i highly doubt we will see both, and going by frontiers track record its totally possible they wont do either and just pretend that monkeys dont exist again. For birds best i can see is 2 which most likely are rhea and secretary, which are fine i guess but really not the two id pick.
So yeah i fully expect a dissapointment :D
I think I honestly can see them doing both, but no more than that. Baboon can use whatever rig the mandril has, and howler can be similar to the capuchin.

Likewise for birds it’s once again up to Frontier to “do what we have been hoping for”
  • Off the Flamingo/ Crane rig we could get the roseate spoonbill and/or the secretary bird
  • Off the swan rig (a 100% new rig I doubt they will use once, looking at you gibbons!) they can do a duck and/or pelican
  • Off the ostrich they can give us the Rhea
That’s not including other “easy clones” like the Caribbean flamingo, black swan, red jungle fowl, etc.

But as you stated and I agreed, it’s up to Frontier to decide what animals they will use. The packs have sold well off the current system. Even if we have all wanted more monkeys and birds, they will probably just do 1 and 1.

I get a feeling we could honestly see a Steam DB update next week or the week after. The dlc would then be around a month away, around the time for the August unlocked.

I don’t think they would want to drop PZ news during this upcoming unlocked due to PC2. Though at the same time, I can see them dropping a hint or teaser.

I think it depends on what the next dlc is. If it’s something big I can see them dropping it during the same stream, maybe like a big send off to PZ?

Just thought of something id really like to get before support wraps up, that being a mirror tool.
That would be very usefull for building lots of different stuff. Very random totatlly not personal example: You want to build a boat, getting the curvature and shape of one side of the hull is tricky enough, but getting it the same on the other side is really tedious. Being able to select the one side and mirror it would be sooo usefull

Just thought of something id really like to get before support wraps up, that being a mirror tool.
That would be very usefull for building lots of different stuff. Very random totatlly not personal example: You want to build a boat, getting the curvature and shape of one side of the hull is tricky enough, but getting it the same on the other side is really tedious. Being able to select the one side and mirror it would be sooo usefull
Add this to the list of things PlanCo2 is getting that would be nice in Planet Zoo! Haha. I'd prefer scaling but would settle for this. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom