DLC18 discussion and predictions

It would be much easier for you all to accept the fact that ungulates would always be an important part of Frontier’s DLC strategy. Then you would not be so disappointed with every next pack that will come out.
Oh yes, I fully expect the latin america pack to come with a vicuna and probably a third tapir. Get the ocelot as jaguar look-a-like, spectacled bear as another bear, the rhea or american flamingo (most likely rhea) as the bird of the region. If we get a monkey, I could see it being the squirrel monkey instead of the howler/tamarin/spider monkey.

Oh yes, I fully expect the latin america pack to come with a vicuna and probably a third tapir. Get the ocelot as jaguar look-a-like, spectacled bear as another bear, the rhea or american flamingo (most likely rhea) as the bird of the region. If we get a monkey, I could see it being the squirrel monkey instead of the howler/tamarin/spider monkey.
Pudu instead of monkey.

Alright, I need to believe in the next pack and I think I really do believe in a whole 2024 of packs, to bring us to a nice update 1.20. I also agree that all DLCs for console by March 25 = 3 more DLCs for us this year. Planet Zoo can print money for Frontier, they have no reason to stop!

I'll be happy with any of these (and a bunch more that are on the Meta Wishlist but don't quite make my own):

* Flying birds
  • Toucan
  • Macaw
  • Great hornbill
  • Philippine eagle
  • Superb starling
  • Barn owl
  • Kookaburra
  • Hummingbird

* Any of these:
  • Coati
  • Tamarin
  • Howler monkey
  • Tree kangaroo
  • Langur (Grey or Francois)
  • Walrus
  • Tanuki (or Pallas Cat)
  • Hamadryas or gelada
  • Pelican (I like the brown or Aussie)
  • Secretary bird or Shoebill or African crane
  • Leopard seal (just a personal want because I got to work with them in a zoo so they're not unrealistic to me)

I think a Central/Latin America pack would be absolutely brilliant for Summer:
  • Coati
  • Howler monkey
  • Tamarin
  • Ocelot
  • Agouti
  • Bush dog
  • Macaw
  • Toco toucan
  • (and Harpy eagle, why not)
(Edit: this last pack had one upside; I'm now reading everyone's wishlists and can't find fault with a single choice. I'm even ok with including the Nile crocodile).

Last edited:
I think it is possible that we get two more, in addition to the farm pack. A Latin America pack and a larger expansion/farewell pack on or around the anniversary, which would be 5 years.

187 + 5 + 8 seems to perfect to not round it up indeed. It would probably mean one regular DLC and one animal pack though, so not a big farewell pack as some had hoped (unless we get both combined in one).

At this point I'm just really hoping Frontier will shed some light on the game's future in tomorrow's livestream. Not only for our sakes, but it would greatly increase their reliability and people's reception of the Barnyard pack if they confirm there's indeed (or not) more coming. I don't even care about a number, I just think we should know whether it's zero or a positive.

187 + 5 + 8 seems to perfect to not round it up indeed. It would probably mean one regular DLC and one animal pack though, so not a big farewell pack as some had hoped (unless we get both combined in one).

At this point I'm just really hoping Frontier will shed some light on the game's future in tomorrow's livestream. Not only for our sakes, but it would greatly increase their reliability and people's reception of the Barnyard pack if they confirm there's indeed (or not) more coming. I don't even care about a number, I just think we should know whether it's zero or a positive.
Yeah I really think this isn't that unreasonable to ask them at this point. If they planned more DLCs they're already in production.

It seems that community engagement shifted into more pragmatic approach so it would really add up if they were clearer about remaining lifespan of the game

I see that the Barnyard pack wasn’t a dream and we’re going to repeat the process
IMG_6643.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 390531
I don’t actually dislike the barnyard pack, nor do I think all these animals were bad picks (a domestic pack is one of the few where I'm fine with predominantly ungulates, though I wish they weren't all UK breeds), but this situation is starting to get so damn memeable at this point.
But they are not. The pack will contain Alpine goat which is French, SA alpaca and American donkey. The final 4 are indeed British.

Back
Top Bottom