DLC18 discussion and predictions

Smth that I do find strange is the fact that there r 195 animals in the game rn, like come on that would be sad finishing the game with just 5 animals that left to complete a beautiful 200 animals. So although this pack defo give vibe of last pack, I still have a hope we going to see another pack including Secretary Bird, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Black Howler Monkey, South American Coati
And maybe Duck or Pelican or idk lol, cuz although I really do love the new Zookeeper Animal Pack it doesn't feel like a last DLC although there r a lot of evidences towards it.

Smth that I do find strange is the fact that there r 195 animals in the game rn, like come on that would be sad finishing the game with just 5 animals that left to complete a beautiful 200 animals. So although this pack defo give vibe of last pack, I still have a hope we going to see another pack including Secretary Bird, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Black Howler Monkey, South American Coati
And maybe Duck or Pelican or idk lol, cuz although I really do love the new Zookeeper Animal Pack it doesn't feel like a last DLC although there r a lot of evidences towards it.
Tbh there aren't that much evidences that this is the last DLC. I mean yeah we've been suspecting it would be for a long time but the truth is that Frontier works in mystirious ways. The only think that screams last DLC is the title of the pack. Of course I'm not saying that we will have another DLC, like almost everyone I think they're done with PZ. But there is still this maybe... Maybe they aren't done. I guess we will know in 6 months, when we won't have any more news about the game.
Ugh, I wish people working at Frontier were more into clear communication (or simply were allowed to communicate more?).

Anyway, from now on I'm downloading mods and every possible new DLC would be a good surprise :D I would buy every single animal that Frontier would release, no doubt about that.

The final game roster map:

habitat-min.png

Been amazing time.
link to the map posts: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...er-by-approximate-animal-distribution.584721/

If we get a PZ2 I just hope the community can be a bit more optimistic and ambitious in our demands. Not wanting another DLC? Even if just to give us another couple of new rigs for mods 😅
I would love another dlc, I just don’t know how many times I can get my hopes up again.

Like I can totally see another Latin America pack with no birds at all, so that still leaves NA and SA permanently without birds. I can see me getting my hopes up for a New world monkey and we don’t get it again.

I would rather just focus on the mods, but hey if a dlc does come hopefully it would be cool.

No birds, 1 new world monkey, Patagonia left barren, oh yeah, it’s pain time.
View attachment 404705

Literally the American flamingo would have been perfect for the Caribbean spot, likewise the Rhea was perfect for Patagonia. And the white faced whistling duck could have been on the right side of the continent. Painful stuff man.
IMG_0344.jpeg

This would have been my ideal end point I think, not perfect, but close enough.
Well, that’s enough of my “what could have been” posting. Time to prepare for mods and the sequel!

Impresive art.
Thank you I screenshotted it and put it in my notes app to make a doodle, probably did it all in under 3 minutes. I also tried to eyeball their approximate distribution.

But like I said, there would have been more I wanted, but those 6 animals would have left South America in a good spot for me.

I am actually surprised they nevercdid a squirrel monkey. It would just be the same rig as the capuchin.
Up there with the WTE having no birds as one of the weirder decisions for PZ. You would think it would have been the perfect animal. But no! The capuchin aged well, so I don’t think it’s because the squirrel monkey would have looked bad.

I genuinely don’t know what the team has against monkeys, especially new world monkeys. In hindsight it’s a miracle we even got one.

I am actually surprised they nevercdid a squirrel monkey. It would just be the same rig as the capuchin.
There are several animals i'm surprised they never did. Squirrel monkey, rhea, ocelot, american flamingo, grey crowned crane, blackbuck, honey badger, serval, ducks.. All pretty popular and basically easy clones to make that would booster both the birds and SA roster without that much work.

The birds at least I get. I think they didn't want to "open the floodgates" with one or two birds, which would then just make the lack of birds more noticeable, especially if they want to keep birds as a selling point for a sequel.
Honestly that does make a lot of sense, I still wonder why so few habitat birds then? Flying birds I get as sequel animals, but it’s not as if the team can’t make habitat birds.

To this day the ostrich, flamingo, and peacock hold up as some of the best models from base game. I just wonder where it all went? Likewise nothing after the mute swan? No more waterfowl? Weird decisions.

There are several animals i'm surprised they never did. Squirrel monkey, rhea, ocelot, american flamingo, grey crowned crane, blackbuck, honey badger, serval, ducks.. All pretty popular and basically easy clones to make that would booster both the birds and SA roster without that much work.
I think it comes down to their theming. They mostly put tropical animals in spring packs, and those ended up for some reason either being scenery packs or not focused on south america.

I think it comes down to their theming. They mostly put tropical animals in spring packs, and those ended up for some reason either being scenery packs or not focused on south america.
Honestly I don’t know what’s worse, the idea that Frontier didn’t see South America as interesting as we do, or just the fact it got very unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom