Do you want ED 2 or an Expansion?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hecklers and detractors ruin shows by making it impossible to just enjoy it. I get it, some don't enjoy the game any more or can't stand that the game hasn't catered to them specifically, therefore no-one gets to enjoy the game. A perfectly reasonable and non-psychopathic response which makes all of the above perfectly justifiable, right?
Weird response. Even without hackers and people wanting things that can't be in the game, the game is a pale shadow of what it could be. Players recognising that does not make them psychopaths. C'mon, tell me that Powerplay is quality gameplay! 😁 If Nuke had laid the design for that the game would be in a much better place, and he's not paid to do the job. Or exploration, where all you do is jump and scan with no other mechanics that can challenge your progress.

Weird response. Even without hackers and people wanting things that can't be in the game, the game is a pale shadow of what it could be. Players recognising that does not make them psychopaths. C'mon, tell me that Powerplay is quality gameplay! 😁 If Nuke had laid the design for that the game would be in a much better place, and he's not paid to do the job. Or exploration, where all you do is jump and scan with no other mechanics that can challenge your progress.

What's good about this game is amazing though. The flight model, Stellar Forge & the shared BGS are all works of genius in a game that a lot of people pay around a tenner for & get dozens or hundreds of hours of entertainment from, or play indefinitely if they want to.

I have never pledged but I do a lot of work in Hudson space where there is an inherent conflict between Hudson's need for Feudal & Patronage controlled systems and the non-pledged random players' tendency to support Fed aligned Corporate & Democratic factions that favours negotiation & sharing (or constant conflict).

I've rarely interacted with the Thargoid storyline that seems to be progressing far more slowly than necessary but when one of 'my' stations was attacked (in the first wave years ago) it brought the local community together & created loads of positive player interactions.

Exploration means something different when you know that what you are exploring is the 'real' galaxy or a believable faximile of it rather than a meaningless infinite expanse. The galaxy wasn't put in the game with the realistic expectation that it would be eventually fully explored, it was done as a passion project, just because they could.

The game has a lot going for it, it offers something for widely varying playstyles without forcing players that only want certain things out of their spaceship game to spend much time doing the stuff they don't want to have to do so much. A Combat focused player doesn't have to do much exploring beyond learning how to do it, an explorer doesn't have to do much combat or trade other than for upgrading & improving their ship.

It could be better of course, it could always be better and 100 players will give 50 different preferences of what to work on next but there is a lot that is already great. I do that stuff & more or less ignore the fluff.

Wow, update 17 looks like a good patch for thargoid war players. Even though zero of that is for me, its nice to see other people get some reasonable updates. Is frontier back on elite, or was the last patch 6 months ago? Which is still pretty good for elite...

Maybe after this thing is finished they'll work on everyone content, should be good.

What's good about this game is amazing though. The flight model, Stellar Forge & the shared BGS are all works of genius in a game that a lot of people pay around a tenner for & get dozens or hundreds of hours of entertainment from, or play indefinitely if they want to.
It's true. The good parts are sooo good, but the bad parts are sooo bad. And that's the tragedy. Every time we logon we can see it side by side. The McDonalds burger and side of fries resting on a platinum plate with tungsten cutlery.

The friction between these two continents of realisation causes the volcano of lost potential to ooze discontent.

It's true. The good parts are sooo good, but the bad parts are sooo bad. And that's the tragedy. Every time we logon we can see it side by side. The McDonalds burger and side of fries resting on a platinum plate with tungsten cutlery.

The friction between these two continents of realisation causes the volcano of lost potential to ooze discontent.
Different people enjoy different parts of the game. Play the bits you like.

I don't see the point in a hand gun when I have a massive armed & armoured spaceship so I don't do ground combat but others do, I do an enormous amount of space combat & enjoy the peaceful tranquility of salad hunting & wandering from star to star looking at stuff although plenty think it's boring & frustrating. Do the bits you enjoy imo.

Wow, update 17 looks like a good patch for thargoid war players. Even though zero of that is for me, its nice to see other people get some reasonable updates. Is frontier back on elite, or was the last patch 6 months ago? Which is still pretty good for elite...

Maybe after this thing is finished they'll work on everyone content, should be good.

FWIW, the last patch 16.01 was 6-7 weeks ago.
Update 16 itself was on August 1st.

Oh, well i've never bought star citizen, so if you're saying a meaningful part of the elite community is actually star citizen players continuing their roleplay there by having an enemy here? Wow, and err, i guess frontier should be lucky to be selling all those boxed copies? I don't have anything to say to that idea actually occurring in any form..

Well there was people playing elite and frontier had years of chances, but they decided very tangibly to grow their corporation and diversify instead. I guess from a players perspective in 2023, it doesn't matter, but given you're asking for it, you should know that frontier have received it previously, and invested the gains elsewhere. It doesn't matter for anyone still here, but its no more interesting than a basic equation of karma.

Right, but its probably better to keep the tensions of star citizen out of elite. Elite is just doomed, different to star citizen which is effectively doomed but still asking for money. That extra context and its frustrations and copings dont exist, arent needed here. Frontier don't need us to buy stuff.. actually its painfully frustrating that they don't offer it.. what frontier need is 900 million dollars of equity market capital to have faith in them? Yeah its probably the same thing but investors instead of players, which is perfectly how it should be... you should take that parallel over to them, i bet they'd love it. Hundreds of millions down with 2 companies.. one company, the players paid, one company, shareholders paid.

Well its been 3 years, anything else required?

Really, so those companies just stopped working during covid? That's false.

Yep. That's how to earn positivity, by providing patches, not getting verbally defended on forums. Well, every game deserves its score. If anything, i think frontier are too corporate to both have the heart or the financial will to take advantage of their own work.. make the extra push and then sell it so everyone can win. They'll just continue cold until there's some corporate mometum via some corporate circumstance to pick up elite. Also i don't work for frontier or anything, just from playing enough games you can tell how developers act when their own heat is in their work. Frontier have never had heat, they're more about strutting around high and proud and doing things their own way.. above liking what they make or caring about their players. That's just how its always been. That's why elites elite and nms and cdpr are how they are. And i guess star citizen is a combination of street corner scammer and cult leader?

That's good. That's what i meant in my past post. Obviously those people were annoyed enough to comment, so probably won't be watching that creator much anymore. That's for the creator to think about, not us. Your scope is not to control the narrative...

Yeah i experienced that myself recently with starfield. I just didn't watch the video's from all the playstation players.. if you already have the game, like it and haven't played it yet you don't want any spoilers, especially negative ones. Given i personally found that incredibly easy to do, will say again, ONLY STAR CITIZEN NEEDS TO CONTROL THE NARRATIVE VIA ITS COMMUNITY.

Everyone else == frontier improves the game, and steam reviews turn positive.
So in effect your position is that because you didn't pledge to Star Citizen, none of my points are valid? That's not rational reasoning.

I think I've clearly mentioned several times already that I'm talking about a portion, not all, so I don't know why you feel personally challenged by what I say if it doesn't apply as you seem to suggest.

Heckler, not hacker. I could suggest the same about your response tbh. I'm not getting into the binary this or that, you know it can be a bit of both.

Different people enjoy different parts of the game. Play the bits you like.

I don't see the point in a hand gun when I have a massive armed & armoured spaceship so I don't do ground combat but others do, I do an enormous amount of space combat & enjoy the peaceful tranquility of salad hunting & wandering from star to star looking at stuff although plenty think it's boring & frustrating. Do the bits you enjoy imo.
Is there a point flying a massive armed & armoured spaceship when it can be shot down by a lowly NPC wielding a bloody handgun?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom